Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t live that far away. From memory 7am last Sunday it was only mid-high teens. Generally the Ballarat area is even colder. Mornings down this way are still pretty cold.
But it did get to the high thirties later in the day. If she got into difficulty and couldn't find shade and water, then that would make her situation more dire.

From the article below:
(Paraphrased)

Brunch was scheduled for 11:00am Sunday

The article also that Samantha left her home shortly after 7am, and that she set off without any water that morning …

Samantha had recently started running in training for the “Run The Gap fun run“ in Halls Gap.

Paywalled for some

If they know Samantha set off without water they must have some footage of that … IMO

From the article below:
(Paraphrased)

The article also that Samantha left her home shortly after 7am, and that she set off without any water that morning …

Samantha had recently started running in training for the “Run The Gap fun run“ in Halls Gap.

Paywalled for some

If they know Samantha set off without water they must have some footage of that … IMO
Maybe. Or maybe the drink bottle she has for running was left at home, so they know she didn't take it.

MOO

From the article below:
(Paraphrased)

Paywalled for some

or husband or other family member who saw her leave told police or msm she left just after 7am without water?

Last edited:
Maybe. Or maybe the drink bottle she has for running was left at home, so they know she didn't take it.

or husband or other family member who saw her leave told police or msm she left just after 7am without water?
Maybe yes your both right …. I just thought that police these days would prefer footage than witness statements … IMO And it seems like they have some sort of CCTV footage at home….

I personally think we have only been shown the “best image” of what Samantha looked like and what she wearing when she left … and not the entire footage .. but JMO

MOO

So just confirming, so the only real bit of evidence is her poking around her house front at around 7am ish?

What time was she reported as missing?

Was the daughter home that morning?

So so many questions. I feel like with that cctv ruled out, as above mentioned, that opens up a whole other can of worms.

Don’t jump on the above poster for mentioning that. We have just seen it so many times before. As the cops said, nothing is ruled in or out. Husband certainly not overly emotional, does seem like he has a dry personality.

To me the photo of her near the car shows her coming back from a walk or run. Looks like a dog poop bag. No idea if that’s what it is or if they even have a dog.

Who told police she went for a run?

Maybe yes your both right …. I just thought that police these days would prefer footage than witness statements … IMO And it seems like they have some sort of CCTV footage at home….

I personally think we have only been shown the “best image” of what Samantha looked like and what she wearing when she left … and not the entire footage .. but JMO

MOO
I reckon LE has only released one image of the hours they have got and are currently looking at at the moment. It would probably affect their investigation if they release more.

Street view on Navigators Rd just past where she was spotted on CCTV

There's no pavement, but the road has buffer space at the side. I'm a little concerned she may of been caught up in traffic somehow, depending how busy that road is?

I'd suggest there's no reason to perish of thirst given there are a few houses around, albeit sporadically.

Street view on Navigators Rd just past where she was spotted on CCTV

There's no pavement, but the road has buffer space at the side. I'm a little concerned she may of been caught up in traffic somehow, depending how busy that road is?

I'd suggest there's no reason to perish of thirst given there are a few houses around, albeit sporadically.
Is the direction of Navigators Road in the same direction of the CCTV sighting released yesterday?? (CCTV footage thru the gates)

That has been ruled out today, as not being Samantha ..at 7:16am … it was another runner …

Edit typo

Last edited:
From following other cases, I have learned that Apple is reluctant to hand over phone data to Police, despite Police Warrants Being Issued for the information …

I am just wondering if this delay may be hindering the investigation to date?? Possibly the Police have not yet received the phone, watch or earbud information from Apple as yet??

Just a thought .… IMO

Is the direction of Navigators Road in the same direction of the CCTV siting released yesterday?? (CCTV footage thru the gates)

That has been ruled out today, as not being Samantha ..at 7:16am … it was another runner …
If she ran in the other direction (away from Navigators) it looks like she would be heading into Town and would come across more houses and shops etc.

Is the direction of Navigators Road in the same direction of the CCTV sighting released yesterday?? (CCTV footage thru the gates)

Edit typo
Oh wow.... apologies then

News Corpse are not updating their articles, if that's the case... even though they are pushing them to the #1 story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly