Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat, 4 Feb 2024 *Arrest* #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It seems, as some have suggested and most of us hoped, that the police have a decent brief of evidence. Wonder if Stephenson will be tempted to roll over once he realizes he is peeing into the wind here?
I reckon he'll hang on to what he has left of his little dip into murderous crime, he's lost control of every aspect of it, basically, except the location of the body. . It has tremendous significance to him, obviously.

And there are killers who do this, Paul Wilkinson, Bradley Murphy, Chris Dawson, Keli Lane... they'll never give it up, it has meaning. What meaning is for a qualified psychiatrist to analyse, , but it sustains them.

Paul Wilkinson, rotting away in Goulburn , is into his 15th year of hanging on.. It's a peculiar, uncommon, rare, but not unknown.

Last edited:
Probably VICPOL allowed Mr Murphy to view a small portion of the CCTV, just to ease him off useless hope. the awfulness. Probably Mr Stephenson's father did, too, which explains the decamping, a wise move for the sisters, for sure.
The police will only share what they want to. There could be a lot of CCTV coming from home. Which will be important and possible showing Samantha's movements, time, date (as that was not on the one still photo of Samantha) any hidden cameras in the bush, traffic cameras as well as dashcam, other residents CCTV

I wonder if PS may now open up and let Police know where Samantha is hidden…. Now that he should realise he has been seen red handed? And maybe the “no body no parole” law may be playing on his mind? He may also have left discovering Samantha long enough for the DNA unable to be detected?

IMHO

When I hear "extensive CCTV", I think negative evidence: police think they can show that nobody else had the opportunity.
Same. Just footage showing him in certain places at certain times that the police will use in an attempt to prove it was him.

If the accused was captured murdering the victim on camera, extensive CCTV wouldn't be required.

Same. Just footage showing him in certain places at certain times that the police will use in an attempt to prove it was him.

If the accused was captured murdering the victim on camera, extensive CCTV wouldn't be required.
I think it would be required. It might show preparation, positioning, even practising certain moves, all grist the mill of premeditation and deliberation. I am all for the extensive part of the program, VICPOL would regard every frame as a precursor to the murder of a woman on a sunny Sunday morning in the AU bush.

Every. Darn. Frame.

BBM: I disagree. The police can't just rock up to trial & show just the murder , if that was even captured, they would have show & detail much more to explain how they came to charge the accused IMO

More negative than that. Some or most of it showing that nobody passed certain points between certain times. So given what is known to have happened, from positive evidence, and what is known not to have happened, from negative evidence, what occurred must have been this: <alleged scenario>.

i still believe he filmed himself with samantha, all of it, her death and possible sa afterwards, and showed it to his friends, who are now helping police, was there footage of him opening a car boot and complaining about the smell?
if he had help in disposal of samantha, she may have been driven completely out of the area, or dismembered and bagged, put into different rubbish bins (sorry) so her phone disposal wasnt a big deal

It seems, as some have suggested and most of us hoped, that the police have a decent brief of evidence. Wonder if Stephenson will be tempted to roll over once he realizes he is peeing into the wind here
Fair call folks. I appreciate your opinions

Justice for Samantha

It seems, as some have suggested and most of us hoped, that the police have a decent brief of evidence. Wonder if Stephenson will be tempted to roll over once he realizes he is peeing into the wind here?
If the accused has not acted alone, the police will see if anyone else comes forward now, with the extensive amount of CCTV footage that has been briefed, "described as unprecedented in terms of size".

I wonder if PS may now open up and let Police know where Samantha is hidden…. Now that he should realise he has been seen red handed? And maybe the “no body no parole” law may be playing on his mind? He may also have left discovering Samantha long enough for the DNA unable to be detected?

IMHO
As I understand it, Victoria hasn't adopted the “no body no parole” law. The parole board can certainly factor that into their determination, when the time comes but they are not compelled to decline parole on the basis of there being no disclose in relation to the body.

As I understand it, Victoria hasn't adopted the “no body no parole” law. The parole board can certainly factor that into their determination, when the time comes but they are not compelled to decline parole on the basis of there being no disclose in relation to the body.
Vic does have the “no body, no parole” law.

“Law on trial: how the 'no body no parole' laws work around Australia​

This law only applies to offenders convicted in NSW, Queensland, Western Australia, South Australia, Victoria, and the Northern Territory. Because these are the jurisdictions where the ‘no body no parole’ legislation currently operates. There are no provisions specifically addressing the concept of ‘no body, no parole’ in Tasmania or the ACT, however, it may still be a consideration in the parole process.”

I have another, semi-paranoid, idea about extensive evidence. Police have to hand it over but they don't have to make it easy to find or understand. So they bury some crucial stuff in vast quantities of similar, insignificant material. It costs the defence team time.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum
Back