Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat, 4 Feb 2024 *Arrest* #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Beach muscles aren't that useful against brutal attacks where the perpetrator has stacked the odds in their favour.

Although appearance might be a deterrent.

Well,
All this "massive CCTV material" sounds promising,
although I hoped for a witness.

But it seems
it is still circumstantial IMO.

I hope for evidence from the car.

JMO

CCTV implies to me a static camera , on a pole somewhere.... not as I originally thought of him filming himself with his phone or a hat camera thingy... this sounds like some camera work from someone's gateway, or even a camera set up by the Friends of the Forest in a hidden tree branch, to capture animal behaviour., which, if that is the case, it surely did.

Remembering that Telstra put CCTV on their towers, and the police were photographed at that tower on Boak Road.
Also, CCTV at Mt Clear College, which is between his parents place and where the Telstra tower is on Boak Road.

They could (possibly) be the most compelling bits of CCTV evidence.

Another interesting kind of camera that is found in some bush situations is the EYEfi camera. To be able to see bushfires before they get out of control. The Vic govt was already using this system, in various other scenarios, in 2012.
It sounds as if the data from these cameras is stored.

a.jpg

Telstra invests in new surveillance service (pub 2012)
Customers can buy the EYEfi cameras and ask Telstra to install them in location where they want, said Langdon.
VicRoads is already using the system on its Incident Management Vehicles following earlier trials.

Another interesting kind of camera that is found in some bush situations is the EYEfi camera. To be able to see bushfires before they get out of control. The Vic govt was already using this system, in various other scenarios, in 2012.
It sounds as if the data from these cameras is stored.

View attachment 523203

Telstra invests in new surveillance service (pub 2012)
Customers can buy the EYEfi cameras and ask Telstra to install them in location where they want, said Langdon.
VicRoads is already using the system on its Incident Management Vehicles following earlier trials.

ooo I'd forgotten those ones, SA, they can pick up the whispiest of smoke. I reckon it must be something like that, more so than the Friends of the Forest ones, it most likely is a series of camera's he has had no idea about. I reckon whatever it was came in colour and with sound, and more than one camera, a whole series of them.

'Mr Stephenson had issues in custody that the court had been notified of, but those were not aired during the short administrative hearing.'......

Issues, ey? I bet $100 that the good folk of Mt . Clear know exactly what kind of issues Mr Stephenson is currently exhibiting in custody. They've put up with it for years.

Is it just me or is Moya O’Brien’s look part of the defence strategy?

She is a very experienced barrister. I would expect her to project confidence (if that is what you mean).

Named among the 10 Leading Counsel on the Doyles list in 2020.

was it confirmed whether the other court date for unrelated charges (not traffic) was this or someone else with the same name?
also if a person was arrested for a crime they didnt commit they wouldnt stay silent would they?
am i able to say there are some interesting theories on reddit when you type in samanthas name

Is it just me or is Moya O’Brien’s look part of the defence strategy?

Why were the lawyers hurrying like in a race? :rolleyes:

Couldn't t they just stop and answer the media in a civilized manner?

Informing the public.

It didn't look good to see them almost running IMO.

How strange! :oops:

JMO

Last edited:
She is a very experienced barrister. I would expect her to project confidence (if that is what you mean).

Named among the 10 Leading Counsel on the Doyles list in 2020.

I guess the OP meant the appearance of the lawyer
(very similar in looks to the victim, especially the hairdo)

JMO

Why were the lawyers hurrying like in a race? :rolleyes:

Couldn't t they just stop and answer the media in a civilized manner?

Informing the public.

It didn't look good to see them almost running IMO.

How strange! :oops:

JMO
They should be running. The clock is ticking and they have an unprecedented brief of evidence to get through including extensive cctv.

They should be running. The clock is ticking and they have an unprecedented brief of evidence to get through including extensive cctv.

Tick tock
Tick tock

I'm curious how PS will look in 3 months' time.
With all this lift weights :oops:
And growing hair.
Ever-changing image.

Last edited:
Maybe the lawyers didn't stop and talk to the media because the media is not their friend.

Also it's not compulsory to tell the press anything about the case and how you're going to handle it.

MSM's task is to inform the public.
That is their job,
not being "friends"or not to the lawyers.

If the lawyers don't want to talk about the case,
they can just thank and acknowledge the interest of the public and say
"Sorry, no comments now.
But we will try to answer questions later in the future.
Thank you."

That is the matter of RESPECT.
And good practices.

It wasn't nice to see all these people running.
It didn't look dignified.

But it is only My Opinion.

Last edited:
IMO these are all strong possibilities. I think Vicpol probably have video and possibly audio footage from several different sources leading up to the murder, the murder, and after the murder.

A lot depends on how much planning (if any) had been undertaken by PS prior to the murder - also how "switched on" he was at the time, ie whether he was still recovering from his bender the previous evening, or was he quite clear-headed.
IMO he was probably aware (even if still a bit brain-fuzzy from the bender) of the static CCTV's with cameras on a pole.
He may not however, have given a thought to (usually) portable cameras used to monitor fauna activity (either community -based, such as Friends of the Forest or for research purposes. The latter can be very well-hidden - even camouflaged.
I'm also wondering if CCTV inside a building (eg PS's father's workshop) may be included in the cache of eviidence.

JM
Have we learned any further whether SM’s discovered phone might have revealed anything of the event? And wasn’t there earlier information that SM was supposedly wearing an electronic watch? (I thought IIRC I read that early on, but won’t be able to find any link for it now.) If so, and either or both of these electronic devices exist, maybe there is something obtained from them? That might be in addition to any other electronic surveillance or CCTV footage. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum
Back