Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat, 4 Feb 2024 *Arrest* #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Agreed. Which is why I am willing to wager that the perp will also have turned his phone off sometime shortly before he struck
If police can put a time to the 'catastrophic event' registered on Sam's devices, and PS turned off his phone just before, that would give them a reason to believe the attack was intentional.

At 7.15pm it was announced that there was no threat to the public! ie there wasn't somebody running around randomly abducting and possibly killing people. How did they know that? How could they possibly have known that? If I had been in that area at that time, I don't believe I would have felt safe and reassured. Surely LE only say that when they know the who and why - so if that was a true statement, then they obviously knew a great deal already, and maybe were already tracking PS. I just don't understand it.
I don't recall the exact timing, but it did seem conflicting to me that apparently there was no threat to the public, yet at the same time the police made it feel (to me at least) that they didn't have a lot to go on, and I believe were still talking just as if she were a missing person at that stage. Those things don't gel. It's a very bold statement indeed to say the general public were safe, there's no coming back from that. Can you imagine the backlash if indeed another person went missing in similar circumstances? In these very early days it appeared police were welcoming of the general public searching for Samantha, which again doesn't mesh with perhaps knowing that she had been murdered. It just doesn't make a huge amount of sense to me, but I'm hoping it comes out at trial.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mygalacticmother
Back