Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat, 4 Feb 2024 *Arrest* #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure impulse falls under the definition of murder. Murder is all about intent. However how long would one have to have the intention for? A month, a week, a day, a nanosecond?
Nano second would probably do it. I think it just has to be a conscious decision to do it, regardless of how far in advance the decision was made.

Also, the first line of the link you posted says this:

"In Australia, murder is a criminal offence where a person, by a voluntary act or omission, causes the death of another person with either intent to kill, intent to inflict grievous bodily harm, or with reckless indifference to human life."

Those last 5 words seem to me that even if murder was not your intent, but your actions could be seen to have death as a possible and likely consequence, then it can be called murder. So I guess you'd have to make a decision, even in the moment, to do action X, Y or Z, knowing that those actions can and possibly/probably will result in death.

I think there's a fine line when it comes to the actions that can be called murder instead of manslaughter. In this case, police have vehemently called this a murder.

Video in link.

Police still searching Canadian State Forrest
PS's family have left the state
MM speaks to police detectives every few days
PS is an electrical apprentice
PS not co-operating
Police still analyzing phone data

I'm not sure impulse falls under the definition of murder. Murder is all about intent. However how long would one have to have the intention for? A month, a week, a day, a nanosecond?
How about an hour or even half of one? Something sets him off and he’s in a fury and hanging around the tracks stewing, and spots a lone runner and let’s loose. The intent could rise when he sights her or speaks with her or whatever. It’s still intent if he intentionally attacks, even if he wasn’t quite planning on it when he arrived there 20 minutes before. Right-ish? Just hypothesising….

Video in link.

PS not co-operating
Left the State?? Not just the town, but the whole entire State? And seemingly immediately. Well no visiting Paddy then. Love to know what that’s about!

Left the State?? Not just the town, but the whole entire State? And seemingly immediately. Well no visiting Paddy then. Love to know what that’s about!

Maybe "visiting" some extended family?

My family (aunts, uncles, cousins, etc.), for instance, is dispersed all over the country.

And they can communicate with the accused online.

JMO

Last edited:
They may well have gone back to where they originated from over the border.
It's so very sad for his family too, as their lives have been torn apart in the blink of an eye, as have the Murphy's due to the suspects actions.
Besides the family leaving the state to get some potential space and work out what the heck they're going to do in the immediate future, it also makes me wonder if they may have abandoned him to fight the charges on his own, for obvious reasons. If that's the case then I'd suggest that the police definitely have the correct perpetrator of this dreadful crime and hopefully in time, he'll reveal where SM's body is.

Edit: MOO

Video in link.

PS not co-operating
What I want to know is, is he yapping on with the other blokes in remand? Is he just on no speakies with the police, or with everyone, ( which presupposes some mental handicap )... My friend, a nice person, generally, found himself on remand once, in Sydney, not Melbourne, but same thing really, and it was all chat and yip and barking all day long, and half the night.

There were people in there who could not shut up, something drove them to babble all day.

Exercise time was filled with the hollering and shouting across the courtyard. As far as is known he is not in solitary. He has to mix. He is not in danger from anyone in Remand, as far as I can see. A bit of shyacking would be the most he'd get.

I don't think they eat with each other, it depends on how many are there at one time, but meals are generally served in the cell, ,but if it's a full house, he has to share a cell, He surely must talk to someone, sometime. ..

And VICPOL would have put a 'dishevelled cranky ' straight from the ranks into Remand thru the back door, to sidle up to him during smoko.... 'what's on your mind, mate?'.' ... this sort of thing..

"Mick said he was constantly checking in with police for any updates but said he understood investigations of this magnitude take time.

'This whole scenario takes a long time', he said.

'It’s not a fast procedure'.

Mick has not been able to return to work since his wife went missing.

He said he and his family had been trying to get on with life the best they could."

"Investigators believe her remains are somewhere within the 600-hectare forest,
and continue to search through the park.

Community searches have slowed down to make room for the investigation,
however,
donations to the Ballarat Soup Bus continue in Mrs Murphy's memory.

Mr Murphy still makes a weekly donation
'for Sam'."
:(

It is interesting that Press suddenly started reporting about the case again.

As for the accused and his "not talking".

IMO and allegedly:

He is terrified.
In denial.
It reminds me of "an ostrich burying its head in the sand".
Or a child closing eyes believing a monster will go away.

I bet the accused is facing consequences of his actions for the first time in his charmed life.

And is shell shocked.
And completely lost.

ALLEGEDLY!

JMO

Last edited:
"Investigators believe her remains are somewhere within the 600-hectare forest,
and continue to search through the park.

Community searches have slowed down to make room for the investigation,
however,
donations to the Ballarat Soup Bus continue in Mrs Murphy's memory.

Mr Murphy still makes a weekly donation
'for Sam'."
:(

My respect for MM continues to grow.

He obviously must be in good health, not demonstrating any signs of debilitation or medical disorder because he is, according to the press, still in Remand. If you are ill, you don't stay in Remand if you are in any way disfunctional. You are transported to a secure ward and placed under medical supervision.

So he is not suffering from any uncontrollable position of silence. It is a chosen stance.

Video in link.

PS not co-operating
Victoria is not a very big state, it doesn't take all that long to leave it. Still, it does seem a tad surprising.

Victoria is not a very big state, it doesn't take all that long to leave it. Still, it does seem a tad surprising.

I'm surprised too.
I would never leave my home.
I would hold my head high knowing I never did anything wrong.
And I would help the affected community I am part of.

But then,
people react differently to trauma.

JMO

He would have had to leave his business, as well as his home, and his employees, all his clients, ... the mother, left the school she taught at... what a hell of a situation for them. And the sisters, they had careers in Ballarat, probably they also...

Last edited:

It doesn't surprise me, I thought they might even leave the country

Especially If they aren't supporting their son, the accused and have wiped him

Just for their safety alone, there would be threats

They have two daughters to think about, and they will always be recognised here

Can effect their marriage as well, a lot of pressure

By reporting that its SM birthday

The Police are hoping, the accused might reveal where he's hidden SM

After the accused has had time to ponder

As he's still remaining his silence

I agree.

Samantha's birthday seems the reason of Media's breaking the silence.

It is heartbreaking for her Family :(
This wound has not a chance to somehow heal without her body recovered and proper civilized burial.

And trial of course.

Now they are living in hell.
Not deserved.
It is mind blowing how much havoc can 1(?) person cause.

ALLEGEDLY.

JMO

Last edited:
The parents moved from NSW to Ballarat to be closer to her family when they were young and about to be parents I believe. No doubt they've gone back to his family for some quiet time where they're not recognised. The public can be brutal, even if you didn't do anything wrong. The scrutiny alone would be too much to bear.

The parents moved from NSW to Ballarat to be closer to her family when they were young and about to be parents I believe. No doubt they've gone back to his family for some quiet time where they're not recognised. The public can be brutal, even if you didn't do anything wrong. The scrutiny alone would be too much to bear.

Can they escape the infamy though?
Is there a place in this country they can feel at peace?

I doubt it.
Peace can only be found at heart.

Leaving in haste always breeds unkind comments and suspicions.

Better stay at home and meet challenges straight in the eye.
Honourably.

Ooops!
Sorry, I'm in a teacher's mode...
AGAIN :rolleyes:

ETA
I consider them as VICTIMS too, of course!

JMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads