Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat, 4 Feb 2024 *Arrest* #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

"Inside the search for Samantha Murphy:

How cops have been slowly but surely

closing in on finding missing mum's body -

as they make major breakthrough."

A Current Affair (Nine Qld) just showed footage of Police “jubilation” when the phone was found …​

The video is not up yet … but hopefully later we can link to it …​

It appeared that quite possibly from the officer’s reactions shown, that it may indeed be Sam’s phone that was found today ….​

IMO​

Apologies about the BBM .. I can’t seem to remove it ….

If it is does turn out to be Samantha's phone why seem to lose interest in where it was found.

I'm thinking they have identified the owner of the phone and it's not Samantha's :(
I'd be surprised if they "lost interest in where it was found." They've either finished searching the dam and found nothing further, or they'll return in daylight, but either way the site is significant.

I'd be very surprised if they'd be searching/diving/celebrating if it wasn't Samantha's phone. They'd have an idea of what her phone looked like, and it was in a wallet that probably had ID of some kind.

This is good news!

A Current Affair (Nine Qld) just showed footage of Police “jubilation” when the phone was found …​

The video is not up yet … but hopefully later we can link to it …​

It appeared that quite possibly from the officer’s reactions shown, that it may indeed be Sam’s phone that was found today ….​

IMO​

Apologies about the BBM .. I can’t seem to remove it ….
Also stated in The Daily Mail article linked above by Dotta

Aerial footage from the scene showed officers locating the mud-splattered mobile phone in a wallet at the water's edge, prompting jubilant celebrations among detectives standing nearby.

Video captured by the ABC showed police hugging, backslapping and shaking hands in the wake of the discovery.

Although police would only say that some 'items of interest' had been found, it is clear they are hopeful they have made a major breakthrough

I know in the UK it's rare for rural houses to have cameras...some don't even lock their doors at night! I'm not sure whether it is similar in Australia
When we lived in a tiny village in Central West NSW, we only ever locked the doors if we went away for a week. Never bothered otherwise, even when we drove hours away to do our grocery shopping.

I know in the UK it's rare for rural houses to have cameras...some don't even lock their doors at night! I'm not sure whether it is similar in Australia

We live on a farm in the UK and we do have a camera on the drive (but not on any fields), but that’s only because my husband is obsessed with what has been delivered when. It’s mostly to catch the Amazon guy. We don’t lock our doors though, only maybe if we were going out for the whole day or away for the night.

Also stated in The Daily Mail article linked above by Dotta

Aerial footage from the scene showed officers locating the mud-splattered mobile phone in a wallet at the water's edge, prompting jubilant celebrations among detectives standing nearby.

Video captured by the ABC showed police hugging, backslapping and shaking hands in the wake of the discovery.

Although police would only say that some 'items of interest' had been found, it is clear they are hopeful they have made a major breakthrough

I mean, this sounds pretty positive, right?!

This article contains the video that Slouth had mentioned that shows the Police hugging each each other after finding the mobile phone…..

1716976418896.jpeg

I think it’s clear it’s her phone.

Just confirming was the phone found in the dam?
It has been alleged (reported) it was found on the edge of the dam by the detector dog .. You could see on the bank where the water level of the dam had dropped ..

IMO

Edit for link …
Post in thread 'Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat, 4 Feb 2024 *Arrest* #9'
Australia - Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat, 4 Feb 2024 *Arrest* #9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper