TX Samantha Tapp, 16, Burleson, 12 October 2004

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

chaddylex

Verified local - Rebecca Stahl case
Reaction score
I just listened to Missing Podcast - first time I heard of Samantha's case.

Her sister and friend have no idea what happened to her. They are hoping she is still alive but she has not accessed her social security number since she went missing.

I searched for her thread on here and she doesn't have one.
Samantha Leighann Tapp – The Charley Project

samantha_leighann_tapp_1.jpg

• Missing Since 10/12/2004
  • Missing From Burleson, Texas
  • Classification Endangered Runaway
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth07/25/1988 (33)
  • Age16 years old
  • Height and Weight5'4, 120 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Black hair, brown eyes. Samantha may use the last name Vandiver. She may wear eyeglasses or contact lenses.
Details of Disappearance
Samantha disappeared from Burleson, Texas on October 12, 2004. Authorities believe she left of her own accord. Few details are available in her case.
Investigating Agency
  • Burleson Police Department 817-426-9910
Source Information

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

NCMEC posted this on Facebook today:

Sam,
Your 34th birthday is bittersweet. I've not gotten to celebrate this special day with you for the past 18 years. The last time we celebrated together was three months before you went missing in 2004. I miss you every single day. I imagine what your life is like. Are you married? Do you have kids? Did you follow your dreams to become a vet? Are you still singing? Do you know that I've never stopped looking for you? Do you know that I love you? I hope someday I can know the answers to these questions. Until then, I celebrate you today. Since you went missing, your birthday has always been the most difficult day for me to get through. It's the day that, no matter how the rest of the year was going, we got together and celebrated. We laughed and joked and for a short time the daily struggles were replaced with joy and celebration. Today, your birthday looks a little different. I still celebrate, but in your absence my joy is replaced by tears. Tears that come no matter how hard I try to hold them back because, for another year I've lived with the questions of what your life might look like, and without those answers I'm not able to properly celebrate. Until I have answers I can only celebrate what I imagine life for you may look like: a happily married mother who followed her dreams to become a vet and still sings at the top of her lungs.

Happy birthday little sister. I love you and I miss you more than you can imagine.
-Kendale

Birthdays are meant to be a happy time of celebration and love. But the occasion is bittersweet for family and friends of Sam Tapp, who’s been #missing from Burleson, #Texas since Oct. 12, 2004.

This year, Sam’s sister, Kendale, and best friend, Vanessa, have written letters to Sam, hoping that she sees the messages and knows that they have never stopped searching for her and they will never stop loving her.

Read the letters here: Another Birthday Passed: Letters to Sam Tapp

I just came across this case and an unidentified in Indiana. Is it ok to post that here to see if anyone else sees a resemblance?
It is always good to explore all options. Just make sure to double check that the vital statistics and time frames match up between the cases. I see too many wild guesses on here.

Thanks for caring about her case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
merwint
Back