Satiated

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Toth, WHAt is your source that this was caucasian and what is your source that degraded 9 marker DNA can determine race?

Toth & Sissi
Do any of you think the dna found in a bag fresh from the factory in Asia had Caucasian dna?

And how would Caucasian DNA be defined?

Venter and scientists at the National Institutes of Health recently announced they had mapped the entire human genome and unanimously declared there is only one race – the human race.

http://www.llcc.edu/gtruitt/SCJ Fall 2003 Web%
20Pages/SCJ%20251%20Fall%202002%20Start%
20Page/251/race%20and%20DNA.htm

These guys say that racial differences are not reflected at genetic level.

Sabrina,thanks,I had read that one,concerning the investigator that has chosen to remain anonymous.

From Scientific America.. Discussing the .1 percent difference...
According an article in Scientific American (February 2003), even that small percentage is a race marker. Sociologist Troy Duster noted that criminologists could discover whether a criminal was Asian, Caucasian or Afro-Caribbean by analyzing three sections of DNA. This discovery broke down the widely held view that the concept of race was basically a social construct.

IMO JMO

In reality I suggest they are using that one auxillary hair as
the race card

I am aware of this study actually. However, the definition of Caucasian is still very loose. It is still a fact that genetically, we can share more markers with people of another race than we can with someone of our own race.

Additionally, last year I contacted one of the scientists who is working on the Human Genome Programme and he said that if he had to be pinned down to an answer, then he would say that no, race cannot yet be accurately determined from DNA - mainly because in many cases, race is so indefinite. There is a huge database which was made during a massive study of mtDNA and because they have that information on a database, they can establish some racial information - but only because of the sheer volume of data they have on file. Recall that during the Westerfield trial, everyone was very surprised when it was revealed that one of the blonde hairs was determined to be 'Asian'. It had belonged to Westerfield's Asian ex-girlfriend who had bleached her hair blonde.

Originally posted by Sabrina
Toth, WHAt is your source that this was caucasian and what is your source that degraded 9 marker DNA can determine race?
Where else. More lies propagated by the JamSkank.

You're right Shylock. Too bad Toth doesn't do any research.

http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasci/mole00/mole00146.htm

DNA and Race

Question - Is it possible to tell the race of a person from their DNA?

No - Dr. Francis Collins, head of the Human Genome Project, says that there
is no evidence so far that would distinguish DNA from one race as opposed to
any other.
==========================================

Science is only a proven truth until tomorrow. Your research has been supplanted by newer,however,I do doubt the reason for naming the perp as caucasion has anymore substance than the appearance of that "hair",which was considered later to be a body hair,not a pubic one.

IMO
I have never read information that it had ever been tested,only compared visually to others.

Sissi,
Under a microscope, a forensic examiner should be able to determine if a hair is Caucasian or African American.

I have questions concerning race and DNA. I know the labs determined the LA serial killer was MOST LIKELY African American. I say most likely because what does one consider a multi racial person. Not only that, but there are certain bands which come up more prevelent in certain races, that's all. It's not certain. To say the DNA belongs to a Caucasion when there were only 9 or 10 markers present is totally reckless and a downright lie and was perpetuated by the swamp when the article came out about the DNA being found in the unopened package of panties.

If there is any official notice that the DNA is Caucasian, please provide the link.

Certain people believe myths that are hatched at the swamp as facts with absolutely nothing official to back it up.

I don't believe I feel any differently about this than you, the hair was considered caucasion,the dna at that time could not be tested for race,I conceded to that long ago.
If you choose to believe the dna under her nails,and located in two different blood stains is that of an asian sweatshop kid,that is your choice. I made mine,IMO the dna will one day identify the killer. IMO JMO
If the killer is still alive,he will be found!

Can you believe the bids on it? I think I'll make a few dozen up and get them on Ebay this week. I will not accept donations of used hats from the swamp though.

Originally posted by twilight
The trick here is that many of the wrongfully accused are disadvantaged. The police - if such happens- find a suspect with low probability of staging an adequate defence and nail him for the sake of expendience. NOTE: I said 'if such happens' and I meant it. I'm not convinced it's a common occurrence.

There have been cases of wrongful conviction, but they are never wealthy people with good legal resources. (oh, except for poor OJ of course...if you could hear me you would notice a dollop of sarcasm dripping from my tongue).

Were the BPD to want to frame some inidividual for this crime, they would pick some frameable individual.

Praise goes to the cop who solves the crime and expediates the process...bigger praise goes to the cop who can present enough evidence to make the case fly in court. That's how the system works. It is $$ based...like any other system in a capitalist economy.

Nobody goes after wealthy well-lawyered suspects as a first choice. This is a path to disaster. Overtime - fiscal loss. Spin teams and difficult trials...tying up manpower for many hours.

What the BPD were stuck with was no other choice. They wanted to eliminate the Rams who would not cooperate. This is a big red flag and hard to get around - non-cooperation.

In the meantime, you can't tell me they wouldn't have been ecstatic if some weird, wanked ped had stumbled into the station and confessed all. Case closed - no more money spent - budget saved - Yeah! Yeah! WWP goes to legal aid and everyone breaths a ~sigh~ of relief.

IMHO I feel that I should be saying "can you hear me now?" as in the overprocessed TV commercial...LOL

Originally posted by Toth
I've had lots of bidders and sales are going quite well thankyou.

Bless you & yours in a positive way:(Justice for JonBenet)?right?!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

Originally posted by vicktor
It makes sense to suspect that a pedophile commited the crime. The act may have been over the top for him, brought his conscience into play, where he didn't have much desire to repeat it. All the publicity and a fear of getting caught next time might have restrained his urges. IMO, he hasn't done it again, but still has fantasies about sexual activities he would like to pursue with a similar victim as JBR. If given a chance, I believe he would try to start some kind of relationship with a girl.

Since he abducted JBR but didn't leave the house, there was a real possibility he might be found out and IMO that limited the activities he thought he could get away with. Maybe he thought of rape but didn't think he could pull it off without leaving direct evidence implicating himself, or losing control of the situation. This person seems very much at odds with himself and with those around him. This would explain a lot about the case and it's aftermath.

That's part of being a "virgo".... watch(wash) it twice and then some LOL!!!

Originally posted by Shylock
Where else. More lies propagated by the JamSkank.
http://www.crimelibrary.com/notorious_murders/famous/ramsey/feb_13.html?sect=7
On November 19, 2002, The Rocky Mountain News reported the unknown male DNA recovered from JonBenet's panties could have been left on the garment at the time the clothing was manufactured. "In exploring that theory, investigators obtained unopened 'control' samples of identical underwear manufactured in the plant in Southeast Asia, tested them and found human DNA in some of those new, unused panties."

Nobody goes after wealthy well-lawyered suspects as a first choice. What the BPD were stuck with was no other choice. They wanted to eliminate the Rams who would not cooperate. ..."

The BPD never wanted to eliminate the Ramseys; they just wanted to put them in jail. They were perfectly willing to take on a rich, well-lawyered target, particularly since they didn't have any other targets on their radar screen and weren't particularly interested in looking for any either.

Originally posted by Toth
The BPD never wanted to eliminate the Ramseys; they just wanted to put them in jail. They were perfectly willing to take on a rich, well-lawyered target, particularly since they didn't have any other targets on their radar screen and weren't particularly interested in looking for any either.

Unless the redacted name on the CBI report about the DNA findings which was dated January of 1997 is a Ramsey name, then you are wrong; in the initial days of the case, investigators were willing to look so far afield they took, and had verifiably analyzed, DNA samples for comparison to the crime scene from someone whose name is not public to this day. And you have obviously forgotten the sealed search warrant, again, not released even to this very day, which was issued December 26th of 1996 and was for a location belonging to people Judge Diane McDonald described as "certain parties who have never been mentioned in the media" and whom Boulder DA deputy Bill Nagel described as "several people in addition to police and the victim's family."

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SierraShadow2139125
Back