SC - 3 Dead, 1 Child Injured in shooting, Greenwood, Aug 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Suspect has neck tattoos and armed. It will be hard to hide the tattoo.

Here is a link which confirms the identify of the three victims: 1 man, 1 woman and a child (Randy Grant Perkins, 56; Megan Lee Gale Dinkins, 30; and Shay Nicole Dinkins, 10). There was another child who was injured and who is able to talk with LE. The article states the victims lived in the same house.

It is still unclear what connection the suspect has to the victims.

The suspect, 36 year old Jeffrey David Powell's 6'2" tall and 260 pounds with a neck tattoo took a flight to Florida after the crime. He was located in a Red Roof Inn in Jacksonville, Florida.

Suspect detained in Florida after shooting in Greenwood kills 3; coroner IDs victims.

The police were also interested in Jeffrey Powell when he was accused of stealing money from a business in December 2020.

The sheriff in the video at the link said Powell has a history of criminal activity in Georgia, including domestic violence.

Most Wanted: 12-3-2020

In a separate link, I learned the child victim used to go to an elementary school in Aiken, SC...which is near Georgia. This makes me wonder whether Powell might know the adult female victim and her daughter (child victim) from Georgia.

Last edited by a moderator:
One report, wspa, talked about the suspect being related to the victims but didn’t say how. I also read that he took a commercial flight to Jax but not sure where in SC that he flew from. Could have been Charlotte too as it’s pretty common for people in the area to drive over to Charlotte due to the airport being the biggest in the region.

I suspect he flew out of the Greenville/Spartanburg airport which is about 30-40 minutes from Greenwood.

They have had cdv problems with him before, I wonder if they’ve had calls to that home? He would have had to show ID to fly, no big mystery how they tracked that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hiyaworld
Back