SC SC - Alexis Ware 29, talked about being followed, car found in McCormick, Anderson, 30 Jan 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

SPARTANBURG, S.C (WSPA) – Two years after she went missing in Anderson County, Alexis Ware, still has not been found, and her family believes Anderson County no longer has the resources to continue the investigation into her disappearance.

Wilson added the family believes there is a criminal element to her disappearance, though he said the sheriff’s office is still treating Ware as simply a missing person.

So Ware’s family and Wilson have been working together to draft a new state bill proposal to change how things are currently done when it comes to missing persons cases that have gone cold.

The bill dubbed, “The Alexis Ware Act to Enhance Missing Person Investigations” would allow SLED to take over an investigation of a missing persons case after 12 months of no reasonable progress into the matter if the missing persons immediate family makes a request to SLED.

The bill dubbed, “The Alexis Ware Act to Enhance Missing Person Investigations” would allow SLED to take over an investigation of a missing persons case after 12 months of no reasonable progress into the matter if the missing persons immediate family makes a request to SLED.
Thanks for sharing this update. Alexis' case has always frustrated me! SLED needs to be able to step in on cases like this, there are too many departments here in SC that don't have the resources but are too proud/stubborn to ask for help.

June 6, 7, 2024 article

[…]

Ware’s family and community activist Bruce Wilson unveiled the Alexis Ware Act on Thursday. It would have the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division (SLED) take over missing persons cases from local law enforcement when the individual has been missing for more than a year.

[…]

Thanks for sharing this update. Alexis' case has always frustrated me! SLED needs to be able to step in on cases like this, there are too many departments here in SC that don't have the resources but are too proud/stubborn to ask for help.
In Alexis's case, a private citizen submitted her info to NAMUS. IMO law enforcement, including in Alexis's case are not utilizing NAMUS and other resources. Because of this, there are likely hundreds of people who could have been found and identified by now.

I followed Alexis's case for quite some time. Her sister and Aunt Trina reported that police confirmed their wasn't a black truck at her home that day and there was no evidence anyone had been following her. They also reported unusual behavior in the months proceeding her disappearance.
(They spoke on Nique at Night's YouTube channel).

IMO, her state of mind had something to do with her disappearance. I'm on the fence of someone else could be involved. The location her car was found is strange. I still wish billboards had been out up in that area immediately after it was found, to see if further leads could be developed.

I do hope her family finds answers.

JUN 26, 2024
The Anderson County Coroner's Office is working to find some human remains' identity after bones were found in a Goodwill donation box Saturday night.

Anderson Police, Anderson County Sheriff's Office, and Coroner's Office tracked the bones' source to a wooded area behind the Graylyn subdivision off of Highway 28 and Concord Road. Investigators spent Sunday searching the area behind the house construction site for more bones.

At this point, they don't know much else except that the remains have been there for at least two years.

[...]

Investigators will work with the FBI and SLED to pull DNA. The whole process could take weeks to years.

Monday, the coroner's office compiled a list of missing people's families to contact for a DNA sample.

[...]

"So, it does bring a little extra anxiety when people are in our inbox asking us," said Travis Ware. "Is that her? We don't know anything. We haven't got anything confirmed. We honestly don't know anything at this point."

Travis's sister, Alexis Ware, went missing two and a half years ago last seen at a gas station 11 minutes from the remains.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back