SC SC - Annette Deanne Sagers, 11, Mount Holly, 4 Oct 1988

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Answering everyone's questions...

The woman that I posted to be possibly Annette I found through a Google search. I started out by chopping up Annette's name(Ann, Deanne, etc). I looked through the web search and the picture search. The woman pictures is Ann Friedman. It is likely that she is married now or Korrina remarried (Hence the name difference).

Another WS member emailed me privately and show me their research on this woman and they had found a picture of Ann with an older woman that could possible be her mother. We are still looking into it of course. As we have discussed, privately, it seems a little odd for someone that could have been in hiding all these years, would choose a public profession and plaster their face over the internet. Also, it is interesting that Ann is from Iowa.

Yes, we all can see that there are some similarities between the two sets of pictures that I have posted previously. I do not want to jump to any immediate conclusions. I was just posting to get more opinions on the them before I even get close to deciding to try to contact them. I want to be at least 99% sure about them first. BTW Ann also has a Twitter and FB account.

I still have other research and actions that I need to take prior to solidifying any conclusion. (NAMUS, DNA, registries, etc...)

Sorry if this has already been answered, but do we know if Annette was born in Iowa? Or if Korrina ever lived in Iowa with Annette's father?

The woman that I posted to be possibly Annette I found through a Google search. I started out by chopping up Annette's name(Ann, Deanne, etc). I looked through the web search and the picture search. The woman pictures is Ann Friedman. It is likely that she is married now or Korrina remarried (Hence the name difference).

Another WS member emailed me privately and show me their research on this woman and they had found a picture of Ann with an older woman that could possible be her mother. We are still looking into it of course. As we have discussed, privately, it seems a little odd for someone that could have been in hiding all these years, would choose a public profession and plaster their face over the internet. Also, it is interesting that Ann is from Iowa.

Yes, we all can see that there are some similarities between the two sets of pictures that I have posted previously. I do not want to jump to any immediate conclusions. I was just posting to get more opinions on the them before I even get close to deciding to try to contact them. I want to be at least 99% sure about them first. BTW Ann also has a Twitter and FB account.

I still have other research and actions that I need to take prior to solidifying any conclusion. (NAMUS, DNA, registries, etc...)

got ya. Thanks for clarifying.

According to Ann's myspace she is a pisces which would fit with a March 16th bday. It says she's 35 however but intellus shows 36 yo which would be correct.

I can give links to stories of people that were listed as missing that never knew they were missing. At some point their name was googled & the missing info came up.

IMO; you should take care of getting your moms report; get her listed on NamUs. Depending on who her case worker is; they may be able to step in & see if she has a social that is in use. Easier then what you're doing

I can give links to stories of people that were listed as missing that never knew they were missing. At some point their name was googled & the missing info came up.

i would actually really love to see some of those links!

i would actually really love to see some of those links!

I'll try to get them together tomorrow; I really need to put their names in an email draft. The link I had has been removed.

One was about a year ago; girl saw her name on google; had no clue family was looking for her for 22 years. She left because of bullying. I believe I found them via CP resolved; then googled their names. The girl was going to write a book. The sister of the missing girl has a web site that's still up.

I've also seen one reply on a CP blog about them

A couple years back I found a girl on fb that had been missing for I believe around 16 years. She was taken as a toddler by her foster parents and was living in the Cayman Islands. I notified Rocky at Doenetwork and he told me a few days later that she had been found just that past week when she flew into the US.

I believe there are many who where children when they disappeared that are out there alive. Some may not know they missing or just afraid to come forward because they don't want to get their non custodial parent, or who ever took them, in trouble.

The 1st one I found on CP & googled- Ragna Esther Gavin- walked away from her life; changed her name The War Bride: Icelandic woman who disappeared after a brutal Charley blog

This is the one I was looking for Tamela Taylor Jordan family site 16, ran away from her Burlington, New Jersey home on November 11, 2001. She was found safe in July 2011; she read about herself on the internet, decided to call home and reunited with her family Missing teen, Tammy Jordan, returns home after nearly 10 years - According to the PhillyBurbs report, Tammy reached out to her family after reading about her disappearance on the Internet. Her sister, Kimberly, had created a Web site about it.

Donna, Tammy’s mother, said her daughter ran away from home and was not abducted. She didn’t say where Tammy has lived for the last 9.5 years but said that she ran away due to “compelling” circumstances that involved bullying.

“She has a story to tell,” Donna said. “I think it’s a good message, but she needs time and she’s not ready to speak right now.”

More -
Timothy Edward Carney Missing' Butler Man Found After Seven Years

Judith Bello-Medina Cold Case: Detectives don't believe mother's disappearance in '94 was voluntary Bello-Medina, 28, disappeared from Stanwood, Washington on December 13, 1993. In November 2011, she contacted police to tell them she was alive and well. She had left of her own accord due to personal problems

Marx Panama Moriarty Barnes and Charlotte Marcella Moriarty - Charlotte, 31, and her 5-month-old son, Marx, disappeared from Haaula, Hawaii on June 21, 1977. Marx was found safe in November 2011. Charlotte was apparently located as well, although this has not been confirmed
HI - Charlotte Moriarty, 31, & Marx Panama Barnes, 5 months, Haaula, 21 June 1977 'I got chills when I saw it was me': Man, 35, discovers he was kidnapped by mother as a baby while searching missing persons website

Debra Jean Wade, 26, disappeared from Biloxi, Mississippi on July 15, 1985. She was found safe in Florida in October 2011.

fascinating! thanks for sharing, and it definitely gives hope for annette and korrina!

fascinating! thanks for sharing, and it definitely gives hope for annette and korrina!

Agree completely

the more I read this case and from EVERYONES replies, I feel that it's completely possible they're both still alive and out in the world somewhere.

Being a mother myself, lost son I believe korrina would have tried coming back for you 2 boys as well but it's possible you'd already left with your father..

As I've always said.. I pray you find them x x

Agree completely

the more I read this case and from EVERYONES replies, I feel that it's completely possible they're both still alive and out in the world somewhere.

Being a mother myself, lost son I believe korrina would have tried coming back for you 2 boys as well but it's possible you'd already left with your father..

As I've always said.. I pray you find them x x

I completely agree. I feel that it's likely she came back or wanted to but you were already taken away.

UPDATE

I have been speaking with family. They have confirmed that the older woman pictured in previous posts is not Korrina.

I spoke with younger woman, and she is not Annette.

I also spoke with the user that claims to be a teacher in the past posts. She was the six-grade teacher of Annette at the time of her disappearance.

I have not gotten any more information that could push the search any further yet.

Lost Son, thanks for updating us. We will continue to search for your beloved mom and sister

Korrina has a Charley Project casefile now:
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/sagersmalinoski_korrina.html

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: November 20, 1987 from Mount Holly, South Carolina
Classification: Endangered Missing
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female.

Details of Disappearance

Korrina was last seen driving out of Mount Holly Plantation towards Highway 52 in Mount Holly, South Carolina between 11:00 and 11:30 p.m. on November 21, 1987. She had worked at a convenience store in Summerville, South Carolina for about six months prior to her disappearance. After she missed work the next morning, her boss went looking for her and found her car parked at the entrance to the plantation, where her husband was the caretaker. There was no sign of her at the scene and an extensive search turned up no indication of her whereabouts. She has never been heard from again.
Korrina's eleven-year-old daughter, Annette Sagers, disappeared from the bus stop in front of Mount Holly Plantation on October 4, 1988, nearly a year after her mother. Her stepfather discovered a penciled note addressed to him saying, "Dad, momma came back. Give the boys a hug." Handwriting experts determined that the note was written by Annette. No one saw anyone pick her up.

Authorities don't know whether Korrina did in fact return for her daughter or whether Annette wrote the note under duress. Some theorize that Annette knew something about her mother's disappearance and was silenced, but there is no evidence to support any theory. In 2000, an anonymous caller directed police to search for a body in Sumter County. Investigators took a cadaver-sniffing dog to the location, but found no sign of any remains. Annette's case is classified as a non-family abduction due to the lack of evidence regarding her and her mother's fates. Both cases remain unsolved.

Korrina has relatives living in Iowa.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/sagersmalinoski_korrina.html

It's a shame the picture of her is outdated, but it's a start!

so glad korrina has a page too. maybe lost son could share the pics he has with charley project to get some more current photos on there?

finally, she has a page.. that's so good! hopefully someone will have info and contact the proper authorities!

Just some random thoughts--maybe the dog wasn't Annette's, but a plantation dog that just followed her out to the bus stop and then meandered his way back to the house when she left--he wouldn't really go into attack mode if someone took her because he wasn't actually a "pet" per se. Also, Maybe Korrina planned to come back and get the two boys after getting her daughter safely settled, but when she did come back, the boys and their father were gone already to florida and she had no idea where they went! I am hoping that they are alive and well somewhere and just don't realize that anyone is still looking for them! Lost Son-I am sure your mother loved you very much and would have done anything to take you with her if it had been possible!! I wish you and your brother nothing but happiness in the great life you seem to have built after overcoming a not so great childhood!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734
Back