SC SC - Annette Deanne Sagers, 11, Mount Holly, 4 Oct 1988

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am new to this case so not completely up to spread. Thought I would mention that I just did a Facebook search for "Annette Sagers" and a girl with the initials EAR came up, however if you go to her "about me" page she has Annette Sagers listed as another name for herself. She also has the picture of Annette from charley project in her photos with an interesting comment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is bizarre. If you scroll down she has pictures of Tara Calico and Teresa Butler too. (Both missing persons)

Lost son, I apologize. I realized I meant to say Steve but it was too late to edit when I came back to it.

Sorry again I don't seem to be typing well today. I don't think she has a picture of Tara Calico, I think it's just the photo that has been thought to be Tara Calico.

This same girl EAR actually has multiple Facebook pages. A lot of rambling stuff on them. Posted last year that she thought she was Annette. Posted a picture of who she says is her mother with a mention of Korrine. Stuff she says doesn't match up. Very rambling.

Just to mention it, in digging around her page this girl mentions not being able to remember anything after a house fire. It's all pretty bizarre and doesn't add up, but you never know.

I am new to this case so not completely up to spread. Thought I would mention that I just did a Facebook search for "Annette Sagers" and a girl with the initials EAR came up, however if you go to her "about me" page she has Annette Sagers listed as another name for herself. She also has the picture of Annette from charley project in her photos with an interesting comment.

Looking into it...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

That is bizarre. If you scroll down she has pictures of Tara Calico and Teresa Butler too. (Both missing persons)

Lost son, I apologize. I realized I meant to say Steve but it was too late to edit when I came back to it.
No problem... Just want to mLe sure everyone knows the facts.

Just to mention it, in digging around her page this girl mentions not being able to remember anything after a house fire. It's all pretty bizarre and doesn't add up, but you never know.

Please pay attention...

Wife 1: wife and daughter (Steve claimed died in a house fire but is a lie)

Wife 2: wife and daughter (legally divorced based on what I have been told)

Wife 3: Korrina and Annette (not Steve's daughter as she was born out of wedlock when Korrina was in High school)

Wife 4: Current wife with 3 kids (1 recently graduated High school)

Looking into it...

This is not her as she is too young. Her picture is not convincing enough for me to say we look similar, but still looking through her profile. She has like 5 profiles on Facebook from what I have seen so far.

I was trying to find pictures or an aerial view of the plantation so we could have an idea of the area but there seem to be a few.

The Latta Plantation appears as a tourist attraction on the City of Mount Holly website, but it gives an address in Huntersville, NC.

http://www.mtholly.us/attractions.php?Latta-Plantation-6

There are Facebook pages for the Francis Plantation and the Tilley Plantation but neither have any photos or even an address.

I do remember reading that the plantation where they lived was a large piece of property, several acres, IIRC. They lived in the caretakers quarters. Mount Holly is only 10 square miles so I would think there would be a mention of it, I just don't know which, if any of these, are the right one.

I am going to go back through all the articles and see if there was an address or a mention of where the bus stop was, maybe there was something I forgot about.

Looking on Charley Project, it was Mount Holly Plantation and it was 6000 acres. The bus stop was right in front.

Looking on Google, I found several in SC that appear to be called Mount Holly Plantation, but none are listed as being in Mount Holly.

One says Berkeley County at State Hwy 45 and US Hwy 52. One is in Summerville, one in Landsford, one in Goose Creek.

I'm guessing it would have to be the Berkeley County one that doesn't specify a city.

I was trying to find pictures or an aerial view of the plantation so we could have an idea of the area but there seem to be a few.

The Latta Plantation appears as a tourist attraction on the City of Mount Holly website, but it gives an address in Huntersville, NC.

http://www.mtholly.us/attractions.php?Latta-Plantation-6

There are Facebook pages for the Francis Plantation and the Tilley Plantation but neither have any photos or even an address.

I do remember reading that the plantation where they lived was a large piece of property, several acres, IIRC. They lived in the caretakers quarters. Mount Holly is only 10 square miles so I would think there would be a mention of it, I just don't know which, if any of these, are the right one.

I am going to go back through all the articles and see if there was an address or a mention of where the bus stop was, maybe there was something I forgot about.

Do a search with my user name and album as key word; I'm on my cell using moble WS so can't do it, I'm pretty sure I have the articles in their album

Do a search with my user name and album as key word; I'm on my cell using moble WS so cannt do I; I'm pretty sure I have the articles in their album

Thanks! Is it on City-Data? I just did a search and a City Data site came up and a bunch of stuff related to Benjamin Kyle. Is it in there somewhere?

In regard to the Berkeley County Mt Holly Plantation, I just found this document (27 page PDF) from the 1970's regarding that property.
http://scholarcommons.sc.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1116&context=archanth_books

It does state that the property is 6000 acres, which matches the description on Charley Project, but I'm not sure there was anything there. This document was from the 1970's and a company called Alumex was trying to build a plant there. This was an architectural/historical survey that was required.

They did find 'artifacts' - a foundation of what was believed to have been the main house, a piece of brick floor, some wine bottles, and some headstones from the 1800's and early 1900's, but I don't think there were any buildings there at that time. This was awhile before Annette's disappearance so there could have been something built there afterward, but I haven't found any evidence of that yet. So this might not be the correct location. I will keep looking.

Thanks! Is it on City-Data? I just did a search and a City Data site came up and a bunch of stuff related to Benjamin Kyle. Is it in there somewhere?

In regard to the Berkeley County Mt Holly Plantation, I just found this document (27 page PDF) from the 1970's regarding that property.
http://scholarcommons.sc.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1116&context=archanth_books

It does state that the property is 6000 acres, which matches the description on Charley Project, but I'm not sure there was anything there. This document was from the 1970's and a company called Alumex was trying to build a plant there. This was an architectural/historical survey that was required.

They did find 'artifacts' - a foundation of what was believed to have been the main house, a piece of brick floor, some wine bottles, and some headstones from the 1800's and early 1900's, but I don't think there were any buildings there at that time. This was awhile before Annette's disappearance so there could have been something built there afterward, but I haven't found any evidence of that yet. So this might not be the correct location. I will keep looking.

No I don't have the articles. I thought I did. Will try to get here tomorrow.

The Doe Network:
Case File 321DFSC

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/321dfsc.html

Annette Deanne Sagers
Missing since October 4, 1988 from Mount Holly, Berkeley County, South Carolina
Classification: Non-Family Abduction
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vital Statistics
•Date Of Birth: March 16, 1977
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 11 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 4'8; 95 pounds
•Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; brown eyes.
•Marks, Scars: Sagers has a slight speech impediment.
•Clothing: Sagers was last seen wearing red pants, a red shirt and white shoes.
•Dentals: She has small gaps between her upper front teeth.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Circumstances of Disappearance
Sagers was last seen at approximately 07:00 on October 4, 1988 in Mount Holly, South Carolina.
She was standing at the bus stop in front of the Mount Holly Plantation at the time. A bus driver who had driven past the wooden shelter told detectives he had seen Annette and her dog about 07.00. When her bus arrived at 07:20, she was gone.

Sagers disappeared from the exact same location as her mother, Korrina Lynne Sagers Malinoski, did on November 27, 1987. Malinoski's husband told Berkeley County deputies his wife left the cabin between 22.00 and 23:30 the night before, saying she was going for a drive. Police called investigators from the State Law Enforcement Division, search and rescue crews, and combed the grounds on foot and by air. They asked the public for help, interviewed Steven Malinoski, and alerted Korrina Malinoski's parents in Iowa. But no one had seen or heard from her.

Police found a note at the scene after the child vanished, which stated that Malinoski had arrived for Sagers and they left together. The note said "Dad, momma came back. Give the boys a hug." Investigators determined that the handwriting was Sagers' own.
Investigators
If you have any information concerning Sagers' whereabouts, please contact:
Berkeley County Sheriff's Office
Missing Persons Unit
843-719-4424
All information may be submitted on an anonymous basis.

Agency Case Number: 881024813

NCMEC #: NCMC715367

NCIC Number: M-915707888
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children
Charleston.Net

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/sagers_annette.html

Girl vanished sometime after her Mother disappeared? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
Cold Case discussion, Mom and Daughter missing.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/6614/0/
NamUs Profile:
Dental: NA
DNA: NA
Fingerprints: NA

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...g=3308,1203287&dq=annette-deanne-sagers&hl=en

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...g=1885,5001108&dq=annette-deanne-sagers&hl=en
(NOTE: Article is split between two pages you will have to navigate to read the entire article)

There is an archived article pay per view which is about Brittney Drexel but mentions Annette.

I don't believe in coincidences like a Mom and her daughter disappearing from the same place never to be found again. JMHO

Annette has been missing almost 22 years. Come home soon sweetie.
(age progression to right, age notated at bottom of pic, just click on pic)

1988 article, page 1 - page 2

2002 article
Page 1 - Page 2

The Item - Oct 8, 1988.jpgp2The Item - Oct 8, 1988.jpgHerald-Journal - Mar 24, 2002.jpgp2Herald-Journal - Mar 24, 2002.jpg

Looking on Charley Project, it was Mount Holly Plantation and it was 6000 acres. The bus stop was right in front.

Looking on Google, I found several in SC that appear to be called Mount Holly Plantation, but none are listed as being in Mount Holly.

One says Berkeley County at State Hwy 45 and US Hwy 52. One is in Summerville, one in Landsford, one in Goose Creek.

I'm guessing it would have to be the Berkeley County one that doesn't specify a city.

Mapquest 344 Mount Holly Plantation Ln Moncks Corner | SC 29461

google maps not seeing a house on the marker, looks like house is up the street, 2 smaller homes on other side of street

Found another article
The Item - Mar 25, 2002

attachment.php

Korrina Sagers Malinoski NamUs MP # 20064
Circumstances
City Moncks Corner, Mount Holly
State South Carolina
Zip code 29461
County Berkeley
Circumstances - Korrina Lynne Sagers Malinoski was last seen on or about November 21, 1987. She was reported missing by her employer after failing to show for work. The employer had located her automobile locked and parked at the gate of the Mount Holly Plantation. Korrina's husband worked as a caretaker and lived in a cabin on the 6000 acre plantation with Korrina and their children along with Korina's daughter from a prior marriage (see Annette Deanne Sagers entry). The husband indicated that Korrina had left the night before between 11 and 11:30 saying she was going for a ride.

Police and state law enforcement conducted searches on the property. Korrina has not had contact with her blood relative in the interim.

Annette Deanne Sagers, Korrina's daughter, went missing a year later possibly at a bus stop on the road outside the plantation.

Annette Sagers NamUs MP # 6614

Circumstances
City Moncks Corner
State South Carolina
Zip code 29461
County Berkeley
Circumstances - Annette was last seen at 7:00 a.m. at the bus stop in front of the Mt. Holly Plantation. She has a slight speech impediment and small gaps in her front teeth. She was last seen wearing red pants, a red shirt, and white shoes.

The Item - Mar 25, 2002.jpg

Mapquest 344 Mount Holly Plantation Ln Moncks Corner | SC 29461

google maps not seeing a house on the marker, looks like house is up the street, 2 smaller homes on other side of street

Found another article
The Item - Mar 25, 2002

attachment.php

Korrina Sagers Malinoski NamUs MP # 20064
Circumstances
City Moncks Corner, Mount Holly
State South Carolina
Zip code 29461
County Berkeley
Circumstances - Korrina Lynne Sagers Malinoski was last seen on or about November 21, 1987. She was reported missing by her employer after failing to show for work. The employer had located her automobile locked and parked at the gate of the Mount Holly Plantation. Korrina's husband worked as a caretaker and lived in a cabin on the 6000 acre plantation with Korrina and their children along with Korina's daughter from a prior marriage (see Annette Deanne Sagers entry). The husband indicated that Korrina had left the night before between 11 and 11:30 saying she was going for a ride.

Police and state law enforcement conducted searches on the property. Korrina has not had contact with her blood relative in the interim.

Annette Deanne Sagers, Korrina's daughter, went missing a year later possibly at a bus stop on the road outside the plantation.

Annette Sagers NamUs MP # 6614

Circumstances
City Moncks Corner
State South Carolina
Zip code 29461
County Berkeley
Circumstances - Annette was last seen at 7:00 a.m. at the bus stop in front of the Mt. Holly Plantation. She has a slight speech impediment and small gaps in her front teeth. She was last seen wearing red pants, a red shirt, and white shoes.

View attachment 109423

i dont think i had seen before that there had been a handwriting analysis that concluded annette had written the not. interesting stuff... would love to know more about that,

i dont think i had seen before that there had been a handwriting analysis that concluded annette had written the not. interesting stuff... would love to know more about that,

Her teacher has posted here. Here are a few replies by her. To go directly to the post, click the arrow next to her name in the quote.

Held you in my heart for 22 years. I pray that you are alive and happy. Please let someone know you are ok. Your 6th grade teacher at WMS.

I am not sure why the LE had so much trouble with these cases. I talked with them and gave them a sample of Annette's handwriting so that they could check it against the note that was left at the bus stop shelter. She disappeared a year after her mother. I have always prayed that her mother came back to get her. The strange thing I remember after her mother was taken, was that the car she was driving was left where the drive met the highway. Both front doors were left open. That always puzzled me. Two people leaving fast?

It is my understanding that the father moved to Tampa to live with his parents shortly after the abduction. There were two other boys. They were taken by the Tampa Dept of Social Services.

You all did some great work. I have to say that my heart is hopeful that Annette is alive and well. I was her 6th grade teacher, the year she went missing. She was the sweetest child. Big brown eyes and so shy. It just never leaves you. Thanks for all you have done to look into this case.

I was her teacher at the time of her abduction. It has weighed heavy on my heart for these many years. I pray that she will be found and safe.

Trying so hard to think back to what I remember about the case and what went on. Annette is Korrina's daughter, the boys are Thomas' sons. Mom disappeared one year before Annette. There was a note left and the police came to me to get a sample of her handwriting. It did match. They were very quiet about the case as it evolved. We looked everywhere and there was nothing. I always prayed that her mom came back to get her. If not, whoever did come to get her knew about her mother's case. Annette was not a happy child. She was very quiet and kept her head down most of the time. I knew something was wrong the first day I saw her.
The boys in the gene report are the brothers, the names are right anyway. I hope they find each other. I would love to get this thread going again. Maybe not to actually find her, but to know she is alive and happy...finally.

Hmm. It looks like the plantation mentioned in the article is the same one where they were doing the survey on what looked like a vacant lot in the 70s. There was a map in there and it is on 52.

Thanks for posting that, Roselvr. Perhaps there was a cabin there but it seems there were only remnants of the main house.

I don't believe the step-father was responsible for Annette's disappearance for one simple reason: she was at the bus stop the morning she disappeared, a fact confirmed by the driver of another bus who most certainly saw her there many times before. If the step-father really did make Annette disappear, it would mean he allowed her to go off to the bus stop and then went after her a few minutes later. What sense does that make?

If he had decided he was going to get rid of her that day, logic argues he never would've allowed her to go to the stop in the first place. It was of no benefit to him to let her go there and then get her a few minutes later. In fact, it would have put him at great risk because he could've been spotted with her by a passing motorist.

So even though he is a likely suspect, the fact that Annette was seen at the bus stop 20 minutes prior to her school bus arriving seems to exonerate him.

The thing about the note that gets me. If Korrina left voluntarily- she obviously didn't want to be found. If she showed up to get her daughter, wouldn't she just take her and leave? Why leave a note? By leaving a note, it allows people to believe they are both out there alive. If she didn't want to be found, I don't think she would have Annette leave a note like that.

The note didn't say where they were living, just that Korrina had taken her. It's possible Annette didn't want her step-dad to worry so Korrina let her write it, thinking he would never find it until much later when they were long gone.

As for her sons, perhaps she didn't think she could take them and get away; or maybe she thought they would be better off with him. Who really knows?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734
Back