GUILTY SC - Briana Nicole Rabon, 18, Elgin, 27 Feb 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It sure seems like a lot of young girls are going missing/murdered in South Carolina..

KERSHAW COUNTY (WACH) -- Funeral Services for Briana Rabon have been announced.

The 18 year-old Lugoff Elgin graduate will be remembered Sunday at three o'clock at Swaney's Creek Baptist Church in Ridgeway, with burial services at the church cemetery.

The family will receive friends on Saturday from 4-6pm at Powers Funeral Home. Memorials may be made to Sawney's Creek Baptist Church Mission Fund, 14605 Highway 34 East, Ridgeway, SC, 29130.

Funeral Services for Briana Rabon announced

"Kershaw County Sheriff's investigators are reporting "substantial" progress in the ongoing investigation to discover who murdered a former Lugoff-Elgin High School student earlier this week.

According to officials, progress is being made due in part to surveillance footage taken from at least two locations. Search warrants have also been issued."

http://www.wistv.com/story/24853467/substantial-progress-made-in-briana-rabon-murder

Was there ever a missing person's report done on Briana? Everything I searched last night & read was talking about the children finding her body. But not actual news reports of her being missing.

I'm trying to figure out exactly when she was reported missing vs. when she went missing. Who was her last contact. Does anyone have where that was reported?

Thank you :)

"There have been a couple of troubling developments in connection with the case. One involving an inaccurate report spread on social media that arrests have been made. Matthews says that is not true.

The other big problem surfacing was a photo of the crime scene including the victim's body that was taken before sheriff's investigators arrived. That picture, for reasons that remain unclear, was posted on the Internet sometime within the last 48 hours.

Matthews says his department has been trying to contact people who have circulated the photo and ask them to delete it. He says he knows who took the picture and has also expressed his unhappiness about the situation."

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/24853467/substantial-progress-made-in-briana-rabon-murder

Was there ever a missing person's report done on Briana? Everything I searched last night & read was talking about the children finding her body. But not actual news reports of her being missing.

I'm trying to figure out exactly when she was reported missing vs. when she went missing. Who was her last contact. Does anyone have where that was reported?

Thank you :)

They found her fairly quick so, IMO, LE identified her car around the same time Briana's Mother was reporting her missing.

Plus, most news online update their stories with new info constantly so, it's hard to keep up.

Rabon's mother contacted the KSCO to file a missing persons report on her daughter. The mother contacted the sheriff's office with a description of Briana's car, which was located at the Waffle House on US 601 and I-20.

http://www.wach.com/news/story.aspx?id=1012786#.UxEG5vSwJ1Q

"There have been a couple of troubling developments in connection with the case. One involving an inaccurate report spread on social media that arrests have been made. Matthews says that is not true.

The other big problem surfacing was a photo of the crime scene including the victim's body that was taken before sheriff's investigators arrived. That picture, for reasons that remain unclear, was posted on the Internet sometime within the last 48 hours.

Matthews says his department has been trying to contact people who have circulated the photo and ask them to delete it. He says he knows who took the picture and has also expressed his unhappiness about the situation."

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/24853467/substantial-progress-made-in-briana-rabon-murder

BBM

That's horrible! :notgood:

WLTX.com is reporting she was strangled. I read that a missing persons report was being filed while investigators were at crime scene. I have not seen it but it also reports someone took a picture of the crime scene and put it on the internet. Sheriff's Dept is not pleased with that.

That is really disgraceful! WTH is wrong with people???

Who in the world would post that photo on the internet???????????

I take it the warrant is for DNA and fingerprints, to match it to what they have? Looks like this case will be wrapped up quickly, although so sad.

I can't imagine losing one friend and co-worker at that age let alone two or three and to find out they were murder at that. Some of these friends may need counseling, I would think.

I thought I read on another thread that there was an arrest. Am I losing it? Now, I have to go find it (if it exists.

What a beautiful girl, what a shame. :(. Wonder if this guy was an ex??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor
Back