Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2011/apr/02/official-reports-arson-in-wildfire/

MCCLELLANVILLE -- Arson is suspected in a wildfire last week that burned 2,400 acres along the South Santee River, sparked evacuations and threatened historic structures.

"Based on testimony and the scorch marks left behind, it was intentionally set," said Scott Hawkins of the S.C. Forestry Commission on Friday.

Well, well......

I wonder exactly where this fire originated????

Kudos to those sleuths who suspected arson!

wm

wow. this is getting interesting.

interesting, indeed !!

I certainly hope there is a follow up story to this soon...

There was "testimony" .. I wonder who is talking... I also wonder where they found those scorch marks...

I'm anxious to hear the word "suspect"

:rocker:

wow. this is getting interesting.

Lifted,

:welcome5:

We are glad you joined us here. I hope you continue to follow along with all of us.

BTW, NOLA is one of my favorite places. I would move there if I could!!!

Justice for Brittanee!:rocker:

Lifted,

:welcome5:

We are glad you joined us here. I hope you continue to follow along with all of us.

BTW, NOLA is one of my favorite places. I would move there if I could!!!

Justice for Brittanee!:rocker:

Why thank you :D

This case was actually one of the reasons that I started checking out this forum, but by the time that I ended up joining, this case looked like it was slowing to a crawl.

But I'm glad to see some positive momentum, finally.

interesting, indeed !!

I certainly hope there is a follow up story to this soon...

There was "testimony" .. I wonder who is talking... I also wonder where they found those scorch marks...

I'm anxious to hear the word "suspect"

:rocker:

I must have missed that post. Where is the info about the testimony?

I never got a chance to speak to you before, but I thought it was really awesome all the time you put into this case. Very, very cool of you.

welcome, Lifted.

praying for Britt today. I can't believe this month marks two years :(

I just can't help but feel that all of these missing girls are completely connected. Besides the fact that all of the cases are pretty similar, they also all seem to point to a very specific location in South Carolina.

Like someone alluded to earlier, I'm almost certain that Brittanee Drexel was kidnapped by more than one person when she was walking down the strip. I'm imagining that there were at least 2 people that were in on it, possibly more, and that they obviously must have had some type of plan in place before hand, or more likely that they have already done something like this before. Then they just make a beeline for a very specific/rural place, that you just know they were very familiar with.

So I just have a very hard time believing that in this very specific place of South Carolina, that there are multiple different groups of people that get their kicks driving around, looking for young girls to kidnap, rape and who knows what else. So when all of that information came out about the Taylor clan, it just seemed to make all kinds of sense in regards to these cases. Those people were very familiar with those types of crimes, and also knew other people that were into that sort of thing. I mean, it isn't something that two guys would just decide to do all of a sudden driving down the strip. They had to know beforehand what they were going out there looking for, while also knowing whoever else was with them was also down to commit such a terrible crime.

It just doesn't seem very possible that there are two completely separate groups of criminals in this very rural/specific part of South Carolina, that like to rape and kill young girls - while also being experienced enough with police tactics to get away with it. I could see if these crimes were being pulled off by specific individuals, but they seem to point to being committed by groups of people, which really makes it seem very unlikely that they aren't connected.

It bothers me though, that the police were so quick to run to the media to tell everyone that they didn't think that they were connected. You would think that politics and tourism wouldn't trump finding these people that are roaming around killing innocent girls, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Hopefully my little rant makes sense to you guys. It is something that I've been thinking for a while, but I just had a difficult time explaining it for some reason.

I agree it seems unlikely that multiple groups of people are roaming around the area looking for young women to grab.

But there are probably more than one sick, loner individuals who see an easy mark, pick up a young woman and harm/kill her. And a lone person offering a ride, for example, might not seem as threatening as a group of guys. On a busy street, as where the hotels are located, it may not have seemed dangerous to accept a ride and yet before you know it, the driver could have driven straight out of the busy area into a rural area and there is nothing the victim could do.

I am not saying that B took a ride with a stranger, although it is possible. But it could also have been someone she had at least seen out and about that week, perhaps even said hello to in a group setting, some stalker of girls who hung out in the tourist areas.

MLatta I noticed the comments to this article (unless it was you) it seems others in the area feel the same way about this fire. Well I tend to believe this is the Taylor gang to destroy evidence. But what is really not smart is this type of fire will probably give the police even more federal assistance and more attention on the case.

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2011/apr/02/official-reports-arson-in-wildfire/

MCCLELLANVILLE -- Arson is suspected in a wildfire last week that burned 2,400 acres along the South Santee River, sparked evacuations and threatened historic structures.

"Based on testimony and the scorch marks left behind, it was intentionally set," said Scott Hawkins of the S.C. Forestry Commission on Friday.

Thanks so much to whoever posted the article about the fire being an arson. I've been on the edge of my seat to find out about this and the remains in Andrews.

I didn't want to believe that the fire was connected to this or other cases, however it is definitely looking like that now, IMO. The fact that they believe the fire to be an arson because of a testimony is quite interesting to me. I wonder if the person who is talking about the fire is also the same person giving LE tips about the remains found a few weeks back. Also, looking at the map of where the fire took place (provided in the article) appears to be eerily close to where those sunglasses were found, where the tower BD's cell phone last pinged off of, and ST's address. Hmmm..

After looking over all of the similarities that SM, CS, RM and BD's cases have, I would be quite surprised to find out they're not connected. There are just too many things that lead back to this family/clan and I truly believe it is not a coincidence. I also hope that there will be an arrest/conviction in the near future and that if there are any other young women these people have harmed that they will cooperate with LE in giving their families justice. I believe LE is on the right track and that just because those individuals got away with one murder does NOT mean it's going to happen again. IMO.

Today is 4-4-2011. Brittanee is one day closer to being found.

Justice for Brittanee and all the other missing girls in this SC area.

keeping the faith,

wm

I hear ya Rochester Girl, being from Greece Ny, I feel for ya I hope 2011 is the year we get answers for BD!

Saw this posted as to the location of the fire and its point of origin. Interesting... Prayers for Britanne and Family !

Hopefully the attachment shows up for you guys.

Attachments

• WindyFire_Location.JPG
    WindyFire_Location.JPG
    165.7 KB · Views: 52
Saw this posted as to the location of the fire and its point of origin. Interesting... Prayers for Britanne and Family !

Hopefully the attachment shows up for you guys.

Oh how coincidental! Especially since the last couple major searches took place near Old Georgetown and Rutledge Roads. I smell something fishy and I hope LE does as well.

Thanks for the link greenwar! I am praying that instead of destroying something, the fire actually uncovered something.

I find this arson fire verrrrry suspicious!

OT Hi everybody! :)

wm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members