Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With all the cameras in that area it just amazes me that no one saw what happened. I wonder if any visitors have a picture of her and don't even realize it. Guys taking picures while driving by. How I wish someone would come forward with something that was missed.

I want her to be found so badly I can't stand it. Wherever you are Brittanee we all pray you will be found and soon. You are not forgotten..............

Nothing. That's what's going on. Every time I come to this thread I get angry. There is someone that knows something that would lead to what happened to Brittanee. They go about their lives probably without a care in the world. LE doesn't seem to think it's so important. I'd like to see Myrtle Beach boycotted until they find out where Brittanee is and what happened to her.

Hopefully the police are methodically building a case against the last suspect. I don't want someone charged. I want someone convicted. If it takes another six months to build a strong case then I can wait six months.

My fear is the investigation is going nowhere. :sigh:

Nothing. That's what's going on. Every time I come to this thread I get angry. There is someone that knows something that would lead to what happened to Brittanee. They go about their lives probably without a care in the world. LE doesn't seem to think it's so important. I'd like to see Myrtle Beach boycotted until they find out where Brittanee is and what happened to her.

BBM and ITA. I do agree with Steely that I want someone convicted, but I have never, ever been convinced that LE has done all they can. IMO, MB is a resort town that counts on tourists and tourist $$ and that is why this case goes quiet. I just don't buy the reasons why this is taking so long seems to go cold. Especially not after the recent posts on this thread documenting all the missing in SC. Cynical? Yep, you bet I am. FIND BRITT NOW!

I have a theory and it is only a theory but Human Sex Trafficing is on the rise in the US. I believe many of our young girls are being abducted and removed from the US. I know for a fact that girls are being brought into this country from Mexico and sold into sex slavery. Yes, in SC.

Here is one article to support my theory. Although it is an older article you can find many more on the web to support this evidence.

http://www.nowpublic.com/world/sex-trafficking-it-happens-america-too

The number of girls, beautiful young American girls missing in the US, especially from SC and Fla makes me wonder.

International Sex Trafficking or what? Why do they disappear and nothing is ever seen or heard from them again. No remains are every found.

I believe this is one big factor in the disappearance of so many young girls in this country. LE can't battle this and that's why the cases are not solved. jmo

I have a theory and it is only a theory but Human Sex Trafficing is on the rise in the US. I believe many of our young girls are being abducted and removed from the US. I know for a fact that girls are being brought into this country from Mexico and sold into sex slavery. Yes, in SC.

Here is one article to support my theory. Although it is an older article you can find many more on the web to support this evidence.

http://www.nowpublic.com/world/sex-trafficking-it-happens-america-too

ITA and my thought from Day 1 has been human trafficking is at least a part of this. Especially given PB's "career" and his ties to the owner of the club they went to in MB, and that fact he fled MB and lawyered up right away with a prominent Roc criminal defense atty. Also, the POI who's previous apt was searched this past Aug. I thought that it was more about Who the POI associated with rather than him being the actual suspect.

Also, when Trafficking was brought up to LE in the ID Disappeared episode, it was dismissed by them so quickly. Too quickly. Again, MB is a tourist town, so how could LE admit to that even being a possibilty without hurting said tourism? They can't.

When someone posted recently in this thread all the missing in SC, it just convinced me even more.

IMHO, MOO, and all that jazz of course!

ITA and my thought from Day 1 has been human trafficking is at least a part of this. Especially given PB's "career" and his ties to the owner of the club they went to in MB, and that fact he fled MB and lawyered up right away with a prominent Roc criminal defense atty. Also, the POI who's previous apt was searched this past Aug. I thought that it was more about Who the POI associated with rather than him being the actual suspect.

Also, when Trafficking was brought up to LE in the ID Disappeared episode, it was dismissed by them so quickly. Too quickly. Again, MB is a tourist town, so how could LE admit to that even being a possibilty without hurting said tourism? They can't.

When someone posted recently in this thread all the missing in SC, it just convinced me even more.

IMHO, MOO, and all that jazz of course!

I posted the number missing in SC and Fla. Both with coastal access. It bothers me because I really believe that is what is happening and finally someone is beginning to admit it but of course without names!

I just wish the government would do more and law enforcement would be given the resources to stop it. I don't know what its going to take but this is so wrong!

moo

Just thought I would say hello to everyone, and let you know I am still amongst the living...

I (Just like everyone else) am disappointed in the lack of development within Brittanee's case...

We do what we can -- and unfortunately at this point, it is simply hope and pray...

:grouphug:

Just thought I would say hello to everyone, and let you know I am still amongst the living...

I (Just like everyone else) am disappointed in the lack of development within Brittanee's case...

We do what we can -- and unfortunately at this point, it is simply hope and pray...

:grouphug:

Good to see you MLatta, thanks for "checking in!"

Locals: Any news or word on the street? The silence is again deafening.

New Search today and this weekend

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/16077703/odor-of-decay-leads-investigators-on-new-search-for-drexel

I don't know if there would be an odor however after this much time

Odor of decay leads investigators on new search for Drexel
Posted: Nov 18, 2011 4:42 PM EST
Updated: Nov 18, 2011 6:21 PM EST
By Rachel West, WMBF News Online Journalist - bio | email

After fisherman alerted them to an odor of decay, investigators in the case of missing teen Brittanee Drexel have taken to the water in their search.

About 30 volunteers and investigators spent about four hours Friday searching an island seven miles off the coast of McClellanville with K-9 units for human remains that could have been those of Drexel.

Searchers spent a lot of time on the sand and a few will continue to search through the evening, though a majority of those searchers are already returning to the mainland.

The island is an area investigators have spent time in before and Friday's search is one of many investigators have conducted in the Charleston, Georgetown and Horry County areas since Drexel went missing in 2009.

Investigators say their search efforts have been productive, but no new information has been found at this time.

Here is another article from www.scnow.com

This one says they had a tip called in right after her disappearance, I hope this is just a follow up and someone checked at that time also.

McCLELLANVILLE – About 30 people spent Friday searching the ocean for clues leading to what may have happened to Brittanee Drexel.

Monica Caison with the CUE Center for Missing Persons said the agency acted off a tip it received shortly after the teenager’s disappearance in April 2009. That was when a fisherman reported smelling the odor of decay in the water.

The search took place near an island about an hour’s boat ride off the coast of McClellanville. While this search was directly related to Drexel’s disappearance, there will be multiples searches going on in the area over the weekend for other missing persons.Drexel was 17 years old when she was reported missing while on a spring break trip to Myrtle Beach from Rochester, NY. Multiple searches have taken place since then, but none have turned up any substantial clues to her case.

What does this mean "the department had an officer there more as a courtesy" so MBPD didn't think it was a serious lead?

Missing persons group conducts new search Friday for Drexel
By Janelle Frost

The CUE Center for Missing Persons conducted a search Friday afternoon in McClellanville for Brittanee Drexel, a New York teen last seen more than two years ago while on Spring Break in Myrtle Beach, according to authorities.

Myrtle Beach Police spokesman Capt. David Knipes said the department had an officer there more so as a courtesy during the search done by the Wilmington, N.C.-based CUE Center and Charleston County authorities.
CUE Center founder Monica Caison could not be reached for comments.

Read more: http://www.thesunnews.com/2011/11/18/2506794/missing-persons-group-conducts.html#ixzz1e79cgkW4

I sure hope they find something that leads to Britt. I guess MB LE don't think it's a credible search since they supposedly searched that area right after her disappearance. It's possible to have missed something.

I don't care if it's credible or not at this point. I just want to feel like someone is doing something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez