Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't find it odd that she would want to go with them -- I find it odd that they would want her along.

I agree with you 100% like i said before if they were older and not really friends with her to begin with why risk bringing her I mean from what it sounds like the whole trip for the others was just about the party with Britt only being 17 wouldnt they have been worried about getting in trouble for contributing at the very least? and i'm sure there is something about crossing state lines with a minor. Furthermore why hasnt LE used this to maybe get these "friends" to talk more i'm sure if jail time was on the table fingers would start pointing like crazy may get some more info at least

It has been discussed that possibly the girls brought Brittanee along, perhaps at the request of someone else who was either already in MB, say at that Kryptonite Club or for one of the guys that was from same home town as Brittanee and would be in MB at the same time as the girls. What I mean is, was she "showcased" at this club with trafficking in mind. I listened a while back to one of the radio talk shows that DD participated in, and she did mention that possibility had crossed her mind. She said something about how even though her daughter was underage, she was supposedly taken to the VIP lounge of that club and (all of this is only from my memory and sometimes it is not so good), but I am thinking BD was the only one of those girls taken to that VIP part of that club.

I don't think I ever mentioned this because it is not MSM, but way back in the early part of the investigation of her disappearance, sometimes I'd "google around" and on one site I noticed in a comments section, someone claiming to be from same place as BD and the others, commented that this is not the first time this has happened (a girl disappears from their area). I would be paraphrasing and not doing even a good job at that. This did stick in my mind that this individual said that, but we do not discuss comments from those sites as they are just hearsay and rumors.

Attachments

• NCMC1121354e1.jpg
    NCMC1121354e1.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 12
Is it just me or does that age progression pic look nothing like her? IMO young women do not change looks that much from 17 to 21

This is one case that just screams sex trafficking to me. I think she was taken to a foreign country. But why the focus on that SO Moody last year? If the only reason they considered him a POI is because of his past and because of the traffic ticket the next day then I think they were just grasping at straws.

321482_10200339431149809_1827643938_n.jpg

FWIW.

eta: found this on Dawn's FB page.

I have always suspected the NY group who were with Brittanee in Myrtle Beach. I have always been pissed that this group was not made to come to SC to be questioned. IMO, they hold the key to what happened to Brittanee. There is absolutely no reason for them to all leave early and to tell someone that she was missing so early in the game. They need to be subpoeaned by an investigative grand jury to answer questions in this case. I do not believe that a stranger kidnapped Brittanee.

This is one case that just screams sex trafficking to me. I think she was taken to a foreign country. But why the focus on that SO Moody last year? If the only reason they considered him a POI is because of his past and because of the traffic ticket the next day then I think they were just grasping at straws.

Not a single branch of Law enforcement demanded that the NY group appear for questioning in this case. Why?

FWIW.

So, this twenty something boy is claiming to own these clubs, really? I say lets start with him and then put the rest of the group in jail until they are grilled until their ears bleed, then you might find out what happened.

FWIW.

Peter the clown is bragging about his clubs that he owns and that it is "open bar" for all his friends. Well Peter is twenty years old at this time. He isn't even old enough to drink in a club in Myrtle Beach, legal drinking age is 21 years old. So what the hell really went on during this trip. I do know that the clubs do check ID's for legal drinking age when you are trying to enter the club. When are we going to hear the truth about this trip? How many of these NY people were 21 years old or older? He wasn't even old enough to be in the clubs he was claiming to own. What did he think? That the dumb people in the south just let anyone in the clubs? Why hasn't LE tore him a new one? Why doesn't he and the rest of his pinions bring their butts back down to the south to "his clubs" and see if he can keep his mouth shut then?

I noticed that too, the re-enactment showing a male getting on the phone. At first I thought the re-enactment showing a male may not have even had any significance, but Disappeared is normally on-point when it comes to stuff like that. My next concern: was this the same conversation between Brittanee & Dawn in which Brittanee told the younger sister she was at the beach, and they assumed she meant Charlot beach? Does this mean Dawn thought this parent was WITH them at Charlot Beach?? Since she did spend time with Peter and his friends earlier that afternoon, I figured it was most likely one of them that she put on the phone.. either that or another complete stranger she met while she was there.

On Dr. Phil, Peter says he asked Brittanee if she needed a ride back, because she had previously told him she was walking everywhere alone and he goes on to tell Dr. Phil that he "wouldn't even walk anywhere alone because the area is pretty bad". after Chad Drexel asks Peter how old Peter and his friends are, and how old Brittanee was, and then makes Peter aware of the fact he and his friends were "hanging out with a minor across state lines". Chad and Dawn both continue to question why he didn't just give her a ride if he knew the area was 'not safe' and he tells them "I'm not her babysitter. I don't know Brittanee LIKE that- she was with how many other friends?? She was at two other hotels, why am I singled out?"

First off, this is like the third or fourth time I've heard someone say Myrtle Beach isn't safe.... am I missing something?!? LE has already said that sex trafficking isn't an issue in South Carolina and that is rarely heard of- so what else is wrong? Drugs?

Second: "She was at two other hotels"- what?? He and his lawyer could have said "Two hotels", but "Two OTHER hotels"? Did she visit another friend at a different hotel location earlier that day or in the days prior to her disappearance?

There were other friends from Rochester that was in Myrtle Beach at the same time as Brittanee and the ones she went down with, that may be who he was referring to in the interview with Dr. Phil when he stated that she had visited "two other hotels". That's just always been my guess though. However, after one of the anniversaries of her being missing (I can't remember if it was the first or second) a video was released of her in a boy's hotel room that wasn't from her area, she had made friends with or met him while in SC. The young man that had taken the video was checked out by LE and cleared. The video was posted on this site.

There were other friends from Rochester that was in Myrtle Beach at the same time as Brittanee and the ones she went down with, that may be who he was referring to in the interview with Dr. Phil when he stated that she had visited "two other hotels". That's just always been my guess though. However, after one of the anniversaries of her being missing (I can't remember if it was the first or second) a video was released of her in a boy's hotel room that wasn't from her area, she had made friends with or met him while in SC. The young man that had taken the video was checked out by LE and cleared. The video was posted on this site.

Yes she could have visited the hotels of the many other Rochester high schoolers that were in MB. I think DD mentioned on the Investigation Discovery show there were 35-40 Rochester high school kids in MB. I might be mistaken but I thought the vid was taken in BD's hotel room.

In the above screenshot they are actually sarcastically mocking some people on a facebook page ( including Dawn Drexel). Somebody mistakenly thought PB owned a bunch of clubs. His fellow club rats quickly came to his defense in droves. His "VIPeteys" were actually being quite disrespectful to DD and were trying to place blame on her and Brittanee . This all happened yesterday believe it or not. Some of these "VIPeteys"(this is what I refer to his group of followers) are acting extremely hostile. They just don't get the fact that all anybody wants from them is a little bit of compassion and cooperation. It is THEIR and HIS behaviour that are raising suspicions around that group. The logical reaction to a friend (or fellow ROC native for those that didnt know her well) going missing would have been:
1. Rally as a group and stay in Myrtle and do whatever it takes to find her.
2. Offer yourself to police to do whatever is necessary( polygraph, vehicle searches, interviews etc.)
3. Pick up phone. " hello. Mrs. Drexel? I am extremely devastated as to what has happened. Is there Anything I can do to help?
These are just a few examples of what any decent friend would do in a similar situation. These are examples of what any decent human being would do. But for some reason the groups she was with immediately went on defense and some , including VIPetey actually bolted AS SOON as the heat began rolling in.

Is it just me or does that age progression pic look nothing like her? IMO young women do not change looks that much from 17 to 21

I had a hard time with it, too, CoolJ. I studied it off & on yesterday.....

My thought is, the hair is always the hardest thing to convey in a age progression poster, or in the unidentified sculpture/pictures they do when someone's remains are found. I mean, there are 100 different ways the hair could be in combination with color & the way it is worn. So choosing how to portray the hair has to be the most difficult.

To me, the updated picture of Brittanee could show someone who has matured a bit. How, if someone was keeping her captive, they could change her appearance. Although, I do agree that we're accustomed to seeing her looking young, with her cute hair (high ponytails & such).

In the above screenshot they are actually sarcastically mocking some people on a facebook page ( including Dawn Drexel). Somebody mistakenly thought PB owned a bunch of clubs. His fellow club rats quickly came to his defense in droves. His "VIPeteys" were actually being quite disrespectful to DD and were trying to place blame on her and Brittanee . This all happened yesterday believe it or not. Some of these "VIPeteys"(this is what I refer to his group of followers) are acting extremely hostile. They just don't get the fact that all anybody wants from them is a little bit of compassion and cooperation. It is THEIR and HIS behaviour that are raising suspicions around that group. The logical reaction to a friend (or fellow ROC native for those that didnt know her well) going missing would have been:
2. Offer yourself to police to do whatever is necessary( polygraph, vehicle searches, interviews etc.)
3. Pick up phone. " hello. Mrs. Drexel? I am extremely devastated as to what has happened. Is there Anything I can do to help?
These are just a few examples of what any decent friend would do in a similar situation. These are examples of what any decent human being would do. But for some reason the groups she was with immediately went on defense and some , including VIPetey actually bolted AS SOON as the heat began rolling in.

Great points! Why be so defensive? So heartless? If they were really Britanee's friends, why did they not help find her, cooperate, show compassion to her family? Why did they want her along anyways then-to treat her like crap? I think there was something much bigger that happened here. Even if these people aren't the ones that harmed Britt, they def. are hiding something, and they need to start talking. If they were innocent or just scared, I don't think this would be a reaction...if one of my friends vanished, I would want to cooperate, take a poly, do whatever to clear my name and let LE move on to other directions for my friend's sake. So sad their are so many cruel people out there..."VIPeteys?" I think their should be a group by the name of #AirForceBrittanee or "VIPitty Petey for cruelty to this family!"

BBM

Why?! Why!! Nearly 4 years later are these people playing games with Brittanee's mom? This breaks my heart.

If they wanted DD to leave them alone, give her what she needs. Answers & Help.

:banghead:

It also looks like I'll have plenty of reading to catch up on tonight. Thanks, CoolJ!

His lawyer said he fully co-operated with LE. My question to that is when? what department? Was it done in person? Did he return to Myrtle Beach for questioning?

At this point enough is enough. Whoever asked her to go to MB, whoever was in the car that she travelled in should be brought up on kidnapping charges. Afterall it is against the law to bring a minor across state lines. Now normally this type of thing isn't something that we would want LE to follow up on as it is not the situation that these laws were intended for. I am sure 17yo travel with older friends across state lines everyday. HOWEVER, in THIS case they brought a minor out of state 4 years ago and SHE STILL HAS NOT RETURNED. They had a legal and moral responsibility and now they think it is funny, a big joke... well its time to pay the piper!r For those that were in MB that weekend from rochester If you are reading this (and we all know you are) it is time. Speak up! They say there were over 30 there that weekend and my instinct is telling me a handful know something that they are keeping to themselves, either because of involvement in setting her up or just knowing something that in your head seems a little bit hinky, you are afraid no doubt, and probably rightfully so. Maybe what you know is just a small fact that has made you think over the past few years. Did someone really seem to want Brittanee down there that weekend? Was someones behaviour a little off somehow that weekend or in the time after. Just speak up... get it out now before things all come crashing down and you are a part of this whole mess. Do it anonymously, do it however you can, but for god's sake help this family .. help ease their pain

2.jpg

I haven't seen any video only photos of BD leaving the BlueWater Resort. This isn't the best quality photo but yeah I can see something reddish in her right hand. I don't see anything in her left hand. If anyone has a better quality photo I would like to see it. I would like to see the video from the traffic cam from about 8 pm to 9:30 pm to see if any more white cars can been seen. I'm sure the original video is probably better quality than what we see on the YouTube video. The YouTube video is probably a 2nd or 3rd generation video. If those are red flip-flops then she wouldn't be going out to a parking lot to meet someone to retrieve the flip-flops from a car. This would make sense since you don't see anyone leave with her and why would someone leave and go one direction and BD leave through a different exit if they are going to meet at the same place.

I may be wrong, but to me it looks like she has her phone in her hand. She had a pink cell phone, so that may be the reddish looking object in her hand. If I was walking a distance alone at night I know I would have my phone in my hand the entire time! JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prettyuglybefore