Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If LE has DNA evidence I would think they would keep quiet to protect the case. If public knows then Perp knows. If there are no witnesses to the crime, no video of crime, nobody is talking, and nobody knows where BD is and whether she is alive or deceased I don't know how you can convict someone with a crime in the eyes of the law. If they have DNA evidence from Sunset Apartments it could be something as mundane as one hair, a little piece of skin from the floor, saliva or other standard sources. Primary POI could just say 'I gave her a ride cause she was hitchhiking to Florida I took her to my place cause she wanted a drink of water and then she walked out the front door and I never saw her again.' to counteract the DNA evidence. I think that is why LE wanted to talk with him last summer. Primary POI said no thanks. LE probably had someone from the FBI waiting to do the interview. Those FBI dudes get so far into your head you'd need a jackhammer to get them out. Police brought primary POI into a interview about rape case of a 8 year old girl when he was in living in California in 1983 and confessed to that crime and the raping of 6 other girls and spent 20+ years in prison because of it. He is no fool and is not gonna make that mistake again. LE is highly trained in getting people to confess to crimes. They are very good at this mental game. They at times get people to confess to crimes they don't even commit. I agree with fabgod when he says they are looking for that one piece of evidence (BD?) that one person who knows something, a confession. They are putting pressure on him.

Good morning friends. Good morning Brittanee.

I see I have quite a few pages of chatter to catch up on. I can't wait to read the ideas that are floating around.

Until then I just wanted to wish everyone a nice September and a happy and safe Labor Day weekend.

Hopefully this will be your month, Britt :praying:

Peekerfoo
Thanks for the info
i would be interested to hear your thoughts re Surfside, and totally agree about the Perp being local.

It's just my feeling. There have been searches near Surfside, too.

I would get physically ill when I saw some of the swamps and alligators down by Poleyard and beyond. I once saw a huge flock(?) of buzzards and found a dead goat. I walked around places where I probably shouldn't have been... My point with this is I know how daunting a task it has been to try and find Brittanee. It's all swamps, woods, wild boar, etc. I have been there during every season and not once did I get a good feeling about the area. It's creepy. I had a severe panic attack on one road onece and I have never been back to search. I get queasy just driving that stretch to visit Charleston.

One thing I wish I knew was if they ever searched the woods next to the Sunset Lodge or the woods near the nature place near Powell Rd (I can't remember the name of it right now). It was maybe Gun Club Road.

I so hope that one day they will find Brittanee, but believe me, it truly is some rough terrain down there. I give CUE a lot of credit for searching where they did---they are fearless.

If LE has DNA evidence I would think they would keep quiet to protect the case. If public knows then Perp knows. If there are no witnesses to the crime, no video of crime, nobody is talking, and nobody knows where BD is and whether she is alive or deceased I don't know how you can convict someone with a crime in the eyes of the law. If they have DNA evidence from Sunset Apartments it could be something as mundane as one hair, a little piece of skin from the floor, saliva or other standard sources. Primary POI could just say 'I gave her a ride cause she was hitchhiking to Florida I took her to my place cause she wanted a drink of water and then she walked out the front door and I never saw her again.' to counteract the DNA evidence. I think that is why LE wanted to talk with him last summer. Primary POI said no thanks. LE probably had someone from the FBI waiting to do the interview. Those FBI dudes get so far into your head you'd need a jackhammer to get them out. Police brought primary POI into a interview about rape case of a 8 year old girl when he was in living in California in 1983 and confessed to that crime and the raping of 6 other girls and spent 20+ years in prison because of it. He is no fool and is not gonna make that mistake again. LE is highly trained in getting people to confess to crimes. They are very good at this mental game. They at times get people to confess to crimes they don't even commit. I agree with fabgod when he says they are looking for that one piece of evidence (BD?) that one person who knows something, a confession. They are putting pressure on him.

I wonder what the reason was for them to focus on RM in the first place? There was the traffic ticket in Surfside, but that wasn't that night. Did they take all the camera footage they could get from Ocean Blvd and match a vehicle to him? I mean, besides him being a sorry SOB and RSO, why did they focus on him when they previously focused on another crew? Do POIs 1
know POI 2? Or are they totally unrelated?

I believe if they found one speck of BD's DNA at the Sunset Lodge RM would be in jail NOW. They had to have had some other link to him to search his place. What or who was that link?

yeah, what's bugged me about this case for three years now is that the ticket RM got was on april 26th in myrtle beach...brittanee was abducted the night before in myrtle beach, and her phone was pinging 50 miles away just a few hours later...unless RM had reason to take her back to his house, then drive all the way back to myrtle beach (risking getting a ticket and thus placing him in the vicinity that weekend), he couldn't have done it....somebody is getting away with something terrible here. this cause truly haunts me.

yeah, what's bugged me about this case for three years now is that the ticket RM got was on april 26th in myrtle beach...brittanee was abducted the night before in myrtle beach, and her phone was pinging 50 miles away just a few hours later...unless RM had reason to take her back to his house, then drive all the way back to myrtle beach (risking getting a ticket and thus placing him in the vicinity that weekend), he couldn't have done it....somebody is getting away with something terrible here. this cause truly haunts me.

Why couldnt he have done it?
He lived on the route that the cell phone travelled, he was 8 miles from the last cell ping he had 3 hours to travel less than 50 miles and do whatever else, then the next afternoon he drove into Surfside which is also on the cellphone route and about 7 miles from Myrtle Beach where he got a speeding ticket.
THere is every possibility that he could have done it, whether he did or not, thats the issue

I wonder what the reason was for them to focus on RM in the first place? There was the traffic ticket in Surfside, but that wasn't that night. Did they take all the camera footage they could get from Ocean Blvd and match a vehicle to him? I mean, besides him being a sorry SOB and RSO, why did they focus on him when they previously focused on another crew? Do POIs 1
know POI 2? Or are they totally unrelated?

I believe if they found one speck of BD's DNA at the Sunset Lodge RM would be in jail NOW. They had to have had some other link to him to search his place. What or who was that link?

I think we have to consider the timings of the cell tower pings.
Somewhere in that 3 hours period, those pings would have been concentrated in one place.
We dont know know if that place was Pole yard or somewhere between Georgetown and Pole yard.
We know it wasnt Myrtle or Surfside from the tower times we have got so we can narrow it to the area above.

My suspicion is that they stopped in the area of the airport for around an hour and that is why the interest in Sunset and thereason RM was made the main POI
I think the only way that the case is going to move on is either a recovery or an admission and both of those chances are very slim unless someone slips up or god forbid, does it again?

Dont forget our POI has offended since being released from Jail in 2004, indecent exposure

I think we have to consider the timings of the cell tower pings.
Somewhere in that 3 hours period, those pings would have been concentrated in one place.
We dont know know if that place was Pole yard or somewhere between Georgetown and Pole yard.
We know it wasnt Myrtle or Surfside from the tower times we have got so we can narrow it to the area above.

My suspicion is that they stopped in the area of the airport for around an hour and that is why the interest in Sunset and thereason RM was made the main POI
I think the only way that the case is going to move on is either a recovery or an admission and both of those chances are very slim unless someone slips up or god forbid, does it again?

Dont forget our POI has offended since being released from Jail in 2004, indecent exposure

When you say "airport" are you talking about the one in Myrtle Beach or the little one in Georgetown?

Ed. to add--- I think RM is a disgusting, vile creature and I wish they'd kept in him prison for eternity, but if he isn't the one who did it then we have to make absoulutely sure that they catch the person who did. I want to tread lightly here because I have so much faith in LE, but this is first and foremost a tourist area. Just like the movie Jaws when they didn't want anyone to know about the shark because it would disrupt business, I think there's a little of that going on here. No one wants to hear that young girls on Spring Break could go missing in Myrtle Beach, so around that time each year we get some new info or a new POI. That settles everyone down, they believe they have a good handle on this so they aren't up in arms (until the next anniversary). I know that LE is doing all they can and have expended a lot of resources on this case, but Myrtle Beach likes to keep up appearances. I listen to the police scanner alot and there's so much that goes on here that never makes the papers that I cringe when one of my adult children go to MB for a night out. I live in this county and I feel a little uncomfortable just saying all this, so imagine how MB wants to have a name out there, someone REALLY bad, that will make it look like they've got this thing all sewn up. It may very well be RM who did this, I don't know, but having numerous young family members living in this area, I want to be sure! I also agree that it's going to be hard to pin this on anyone without a body (sigh) or some hard evidence. I pray they find what they need, find Brittanee, and find out who did this!

Georgetown airport the one across the road from Sunset and on the same side, right next to RM previous residence.
The rumour I read from a while back is that RM worked at that airfield at the time, Is that the one that was an old military airfield?

I understand your point completely re LE and I know there have been rumours about certain priorities and juristiction issues.
If there is a perfect crime, this has to be pretty close imo, no motive, no link to anyone in the area, no crime scene, no evidence.
It needs someone to slip up, someone to talk or someone to be linked through another crime by the looks of it.

I still think that the group with previous in something similar could well be involved but I also think RM is very much in the frame just from location history and his refusal to speak to LE

When you say "airport" are you talking about the one in Myrtle Beach or the little one in Georgetown?

Ed. to add--- I think RM is a disgusting, vile creature and I wish they'd kept in him prison for eternity, but if he isn't the one who did it then we have to make absoulutely sure that they catch the person who did. I want to tread lightly here because I have so much faith in LE, but this is first and foremost a tourist area. Just like the movie Jaws when they didn't want anyone to know about the shark because it would disrupt business, I think there's a little of that going on here. No one wants to hear that young girls on Spring Break could go missing in Myrtle Beach, so around that time each year we get some new info or a new POI. That settles everyone down, they believe they have a good handle on this so they aren't up in arms (until the next anniversary). I know that LE is doing all they can and have expended a lot of resources on this case, but Myrtle Beach likes to keep up appearances. I listen to the police scanner alot and there's so much that goes on here that never makes the papers that I cringe when one of my adult children go to MB for a night out. I live in this county and I feel a little uncomfortable just saying all this, so imagine how MB wants to have a name out there, someone REALLY bad, that will make it look like they've got this thing all sewn up. It may very well be RM who did this, I don't know, but having numerous young family members living in this area, I want to be sure! I also agree that it's going to be hard to pin this on anyone without a body (sigh) or some hard evidence. I pray they find what they need, find Brittanee, and find out who did this!

BBM

I still believe that the answers lie with the kids who went with her. It's really suspicious that everyone has clammed up. JMO

Georgetown airport the one across the road from Sunset and on the same side, right next to RM previous residence.
The rumour I read from a while back is that RM worked at that airfield at the time, Is that the one that was an old military airfield?

I understand your point completely re LE and I know there have been rumours about certain priorities and juristiction issues.
If there is a perfect crime, this has to be pretty close imo, no motive, no link to anyone in the area, no crime scene, no evidence.
It needs someone to slip up, someone to talk or someone to be linked through another crime by the looks of it.

I still think that the group with previous in something similar could well be involved but I also think RM is very much in the frame just from location history and his refusal to speak to LE

BBM

That bugs me too, but I don't think it's unreasonable to think that he's afraid of being railroaded just to solve the case. As Peekerfoo pointed out above, the city is desperate for an answer. Given his past I really don't think the police would easily clear him. If they found anything useful in their search, I think they would have arrested him by now. JMO

Completely agree Steely Dan, I am still amazed that the two groups of "friends" seemed to get off so lightly as regards questions, they either have rock solid alibis that we know nothing about or LE maybe had suspicions somewhere else straight from the start?

This would sort of tie in with peekerfoos comments about suspects being trotted out almost to order, so it would make the holiday trade feel as though the matter was all in hand.
DD has her suspicions, I would guess she has more inside information than any of us, maybe there is a trafficking problem that has been covered up somewhere, wouldnt be good for business down there if that came out im thinking!

I would think though, that a bunch of teens wouldnt be that hard to crack by LE or the FBI so why have they seemingly got away with any pressure on them for so long?

Completely agree Steely Dan, I am still amazed that the two groups of "friends" seemed to get off so lightly as regards questions, they either have rock solid alibis that we know nothing about or LE maybe had suspicions somewhere else straight from the start?

This would sort of tie in with peekerfoos comments about suspects being trotted out almost to order, so it would make the holiday trade feel as though the matter was all in hand.
DD has her suspicions, I would guess she has more inside information than any of us, maybe there is a trafficking problem that has been covered up somewhere, wouldnt be good for business down there if that came out im thinking!

I would think though, that a bunch of teens wouldnt be that hard to crack by LE or the FBI so why have they seemingly got away with any pressure on them for so long?

A big part of the problem, IMO, is that the kids who went with her are 1,000 miles away from the detectives working on the case.

On the same thought though, we still have the issue of BD borrowing the shorts, if that was the trigger to get her back outside, how would they have engineered her taking the shorts without being offered them and then agreeing to go straight back when asked about them, it woud have had to have been planned and no one would have been able to predict BDs actions. We also dont know if the conversations were all spoken, I dont know how phone records work, can voice calls be checked as in what is actually said?
If not, maybe there are texts that were checked by LE that maybe cleared the "friends"

On the same train of thought there, I wonder if, by the time RM was made a POI, the LE could have checked his phone records for location etc, maybe it was too late by then?

I think you are right Steely Dan, if there was anything from that search at Sunset, they would have moved on it very quickly, so I think they drew a blank on BD but I find it odd that they brought in the Crystal Soles angle at that time, did they find something there to link her or was that just a pressure tactic?

If we go by the "book" on an abduction, the rule seems to be start close to home, in this case close to home would be the "friends" and it seems that they, certainly the boys, incriminated themselves by the manner of their departure, lets not forget, they didnt know that she hadnt just broken her phone and gone partying with some new friends at the time, so why bail out so quickly?
The girls were just moved to another hotel werent they? I dont know when they left Myrtle Beach?

ETA I know the story about the boys being told by one of the mothers to get home, it seems a bit weak to say the least

The Georgetown aorport is not the one near the old air base. The old air base starts at the end of Ocean Blvd in Myrtle beach, the south end. You cross over 17 business and that's where the air base starts. It's all been made into a lovely shopping and residential neighborhood now. I had lunch there today, as a matter of fact. What used to be woods there are fast becoming even more townhouses etc.

It amazes me that anyone with RM's record could get a job at an airport--even one as tiny as Georgetown's!

One thing to consider is why didn't RM move when he came under suspicion? Could LE force him to stay there if wasn't named a suspect. It must be difficult to live somewhere where everyone knows you're a RSO and even worse if they think you're a possible kidnapping/murderer. I'm curious as to why he stays there.

The Georgetown aorport is not the one near the old air base. The old air base starts at the end of Ocean Blvd in Myrtle beach, the south end. You cross over 17 business and that's where the air base starts. It's all been made into a lovely shopping and residential neighborhood now. I had lunch there today, as a matter of fact. What used to be woods there are fast becoming even more townhouses etc.

It amazes me that anyone with RM's record could get a job at an airport--even one as tiny as Georgetown's!

One thing to consider is why didn't RM move when he came under suspicion? Could LE force him to stay there if wasn't named a suspect. It must be difficult to live somewhere where everyone knows you're a RSO and even worse if they think you're a possible kidnapping/murderer. I'm curious as to why he stays there.

Thanks Peekerfoo
Georgetown is where he is from originally apparently, his parents lived here and he came back when he was released from prison.
I read somewhere else that Sunset is a government paid for apartment, so maybe he couldnt afford to move or maybe thought if he left it would look even more suspicious.
Plus, who knows? maybe he gets off on the notoriety?
He lives a bit further out now doesnt he?
I find it more than odd that he can enrol at college, that amazes me

BBM

I still believe that the answers lie with the kids who went with her. It's really suspicious that everyone has clammed up. JMO

BBM

That bugs me too, but I don't think it's unreasonable to think that he's afraid of being railroaded just to solve the case. As Peekerfoo pointed out above, the city is desperate for an answer. Given his past I really don't think the police would easily clear him. If they found anything useful in their search, I think they would have arrested him by now. JMO

Say someone used to live in the Myrtle Beach area had relatives or knew someone in Charleston (or possibly even Surfside) and was back living in Rochester and went on spring break with that crew and they did something to Brittanee or had knowledge of something. That would be the only way I could imagine Brittanee's phone pinging where it did. There are way too many places for someone in that crowd to drop her off without going to the Poleyard area. Too risky IMO unless they knew all about the swamps, gators etc. Like I said earlier, I've been here for 20 years and I'd never noticed those spots before.

The other way that I think it's possible that the NY crew could be involved, has to with Club Kryptonite. I have "kids" of a certain age and they told me that they would never go there because they heard that people had their drinks spiked with drugs. I can see nothing but negatives with the Kryptonite visit. I always felt that the shorts story was pretty lame. I think the Roc crowd does know more than they're saying, but they're way down on my list of suspects. That's JMO.
( I lived in Rochacha for a year and still have family there, so I have Brittanee in my heart for many reasons.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bubbajax