Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been trying to think of possible ways they could 'know' she was deceased, w/out having remains.

--maybe they found blood/crime scene?

--maybe someone had a picture or a video?

--maybe there is an informant?

--maybe there is a witness statement /confession from someone and they need to corroborate it?

what else?

You know, they never did report back about the findings of the Sunset Lodge. I wonder how many other searches of the nature have been conducted?

Can we please brainstorm ways that people in McClellanville would have seen Brittanee and "may not have known what they saw" ?

I suggested by chance that she was presented as someone else ("mom, dad, this is my coworker _______, we are heading out to the bar tonight I just had to come home and change.") or that she was in a disguise (wig?). But no one really latched onto the suggestion so I'd like to know what you guys are thinking. Perhaps the person who saw something is reading here and they might need their memory jogged a little bit.

Could have been minors at the time. Minors related to abductors? Those who are no longer minors.

You know, they never did report back about the findings of the Sunset Lodge. I wonder how many other searches of the nature have been conducted?

And what about the sunglasses found in the woods.. never heard anything more on them too.

I've been thinking back to the searches in the area. Wasn't there a pair of sunglasses that resembled Britt's found by hikers in the Francis Marion? Was a pink cell phone also found? Y'all help me out here! My memory isn't what it used to be.

OT HI there lonetraveler! Long time no see my friend. Yes us teachers know things. I knew which of my 5th grade inner city students were given cell phones by gangs and drug dealers to be on look out for the popo in the neighborhood. They discussed it on the playground as if they thought I was deaf or something. Surely the FBI is questioning those teachers, I hope!

I wonder how they specifically know she stayed down there for several days and then was killed. Seems to suggest they have a lot more information than we think.

I'm curious if cell phone pings corroborated this.

Either way I feel horrible for the family. Knowing she was taken against her will but alive for a few days afterwards adds another layer of evil to this.

Maybe someone kept her phone to look at all that she had on it... i.e. text messages, photos, FB, etc.

LE stated when the last ping was, but LE doesn't always tell the truth, in my opinion.

And what about the sunglasses found in the woods.. never heard anything more on them too.

Yes, a pair of sunglasses were found on a bank during one of the searches in the area. Brit's Mom said she had a pair like that at Easter, but she, nor others could positively ID them & it came back from the lab with 'no DNA' found. This information came from "Disappeared".

I asked about this the other day and no one responded on their thoughts. I have opinions on this case, but none of them are as strong as the feeling that I had/continue to have that those were Brittanee's glasses.

I wonder if the sunglasses that were found are in the general area of where she was? Maybe more items have been discovered there too, CD did say the investigation has led them to a lot of proof, not his exact words.

Yes, a pair of sunglasses were found on a bank during one of the searches in the area. Brit's Mom said she had a pair like that at Easter, but she, nor others could positively ID them & it came back from the lab with 'no DNA' found. This information came from "Disappeared".

Thank you Dee10! Didn't MLatta file a FOIA request on those glasses? I think he was denied, does anybody remember?

IIRC those sunglasses were not found during a search but by some boaters or hikers who turned them in.

IIRC those sunglasses were not found during a search but by some boaters or hike who turned them in.

I thought I recalled a search was going on, but someone unrelated to the search actually found them, by the looks of this article, I stand corrected:

In a December 2009 attempt, search team consisting of approximately 70 people combed through an unidentified area of Georgetown County after a pair of knock-off Prada sunglasses were discovered near a body of water.

Those sunglasses, according to investigators, matched those worn by Drexel in a photo taken with friends in Myrtle Beach before her disappearance. Monica Caison with the CUE Center for Missing Persons says the sunglasses were located by a group of people collecting wood for a fire in December.

Members of the CUE Center, in coordination with investigators from the Georgetown County Sheriff's Office, Charleston County Sheriff's Office and the Myrtle Beach Police Department used search dogs, multiple boats, divers and a remote-controlled robotic camera to search the immediate area where the Radar sunglasses were found.

http://www.cleveland19.com/story/12...k-for-evidence-to-break-brittanee-drexel-case

Check this out from the link above:

Sgt. Neil Johnson of the Georgetown County Sheriff's Office confirmed Monday investigators have pinpointed three or four people of interest in the disappearance of the 18-year-old New York girl. Johnson said all persons of interest have been previously questioned by authorities, but could not confirm an exact time frame in which they were questioned.

Two of the suspects, according to Johnson, have been subjected to lie detector tests. Johnson, however, has refrained from commenting on the results of those tests. "At this time, there is no reason to believe these people [the persons of interest] know Drexel directly," Johnson said.

Myrtle Beach Police Det. Vincent Dorio said the recent advancements in the case have developed from a tip, and detectives are confident the information is leading them in the right direction to finding who might be responsible for her disappearance.

"The police seem really confident, so there's a lot going through my head right now," said Brittanee's mother, Dawn Drexel.

Sgt. Neil Johnson of the Georgetown County Sheriff's Office confirmed Monday investigators have pinpointed three or four people of interest in the disappearance of the 18-year-old New York girl. Johnson said all persons of interest have been previously questioned by authorities, but could not confirm an exact time frame in which they were questioned.

Two of the suspects, according to Johnson, have been subjected to lie detector tests. Johnson, however, has refrained from commenting on the results of those tests. "At this time, there is no reason to believe these people [the persons of interest] know Drexel directly," Johnson said.

Myrtle Beach Police Det. Vincent Dorio said the recent advancements in the case have developed from a tip, and detectives are confident the information is leading them in the right direction to finding who might be responsible for her disappearance.

"The police seem really confident, so there's a lot going through my head right now," said Brittanee's mother, Dawn Drexel.

Yes, this is true.

The problem with the knock off Prada pink sunglasses is that places like "Forever 21' sold them by the millions across the nation. So they could have easily belonged to a hiker, boater etc, that lost them at one time. jmo

My question is why wasn't Georgetown County represented at the presser on Wednesday, I find that strange.

A wonderful resource, thanks. Does anyone have a link for Registered Sex Offenders in the area?

Sorry if this has been posted but the older Taylor listed in the arrest records is a sex offender.

My take aways from the interview with Chad on 95.1

They're going for the death penalty (they probably have enough to prosecute, but not enough for the dp)
Can't believe not one parent or kid on that trip has NOT tried to help the Drexel's. I'm sorry that's another form of evil. No human being deserves that.
I feel the arrest is close! And I think it's the T's and others connected to them.
Just listened to Chad Drexel interview and very saddened. The refusal of the NY group to help or even talk is deplorable and in my opinion points to them knowing much more than they are willing to say. Must be a Code of Silence made among them. No conscience at all. It is also disgusting that people who know anything about Brittanee's last days are keeping their mouths shut.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member