Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there might have been an itty bitty connection like they knew DT from buying rec party drugs , and its still awful strange that the one wanted those shorts back demanded she come back ...but then didn't call her again when she didn't show, they had phone records John and Dawn were blowing up her phone ...but not "I want my shorts" girl
Very interesting about the phone calls. I have always thought that the "friends" from NY are connected to Brittanee's disappearance. I think she was set up to be kidnapped. I think that they should have been brought back to SC and interrogated much more thoroughly than they were.

I think it very strange to begin with that an under-aged girl was with this older group of people and was brought into a club where, IMO, she was shown off to the very people who ended up kidnapping her.
Too many coincidences of her being alone and walking all the way to the "boy's" room alone and then receiving the phone call from the girl to bring her shorts back. Doesn't make sense to me at all. Then the information about no further calls coming from this girl when Brittanee did not show up with the shorts is totally telling to me.

I can't believe it has been 10 years! My goodness...it doesn't seem like that long ago for me....but I am sure it has been like an eternity for her family.

It should be easy to confirm if someone was buried there if they used cadaver dogs to get a hit on the right spot. There's also a chance that some of her DNA was left behind.

I wish more than anything for closure for Brittanee's family. Hoping for an addition to thread #20 with 'ARRESTS' and 'FOUND DECEASED'
I live about sixty miles from Myrtle Beach and I've followed this case since the very beginning. I check all the time hoping to see that the murdering dregs of society are brought to justice.

For everyone who has been following this case you really must view the attached videos in this article. If I knew how I would post the video.
I haven't seen this video before now. At the .50 second point a new security video show three men following closely behind Brittanee just prior to her disappearance. The middle video shows the "alligator pit" that informant says her remains were thrown. Interesting information about another location where she was killed.

Exclusive: P.I. who investigated Brittanee Drexel's disappearance revisits the case

Last edited:
A couple of positive points in this article:
-Clearly the FBI has lead on this case;
-the FBI is talking to media about this case....basically giving notice to the bad guys that they have leads;
-the FBI agent in the interview never discounts Brown's assertions.....meaning, we are accepting some truths, and trying to figure if others are truths....

The interview with the PI who was working on the case is very interesting and explains to me why Dawn suddenly acknowledged that Brittanee was dead. I've often wondered what information she received that confirmed this for her. Now I know. Too bad the case was so close to being solved in 2016 but then the investigator was pulled off the case and case was given over to "new eyes".

For everyone who has been following this case you really must view the attached videos in this article. If I knew how I would post the video.
I haven't seen this video before now. At the .50 second point a new security video show three men following closely behind Brittanee just prior to her disappearance. The middle video shows the "alligator pit" that informant says her remains were thrown. Interesting information about another location where she was killed.

Exclusive: P.I. who investigated Brittanee Drexel's disappearance revisits the case
Thanks lonetraveler. I'll have to watch this later tonight when I have some time.

The interview with the PI who was working on the case is very interesting and explains to me why Dawn suddenly acknowledged that Brittanee was dead. I've often wondered what information she received that confirmed this for her. Now I know. Too bad the case was so close to being solved in 2016 but then the investigator was pulled off the case and case was given over to "new eyes".

This also finally adds some credence to the statement Chad Drexel made back in 2016 regarding Brittanee’s DNA being found. The other key part of Chad’s statement was that it was Dashaun Taylor who investigators followed to find that spot. The video says the alligator “pit” is along the Santee River. If the Jacksonboro story is true, why would they dig up Brittanee’s remains and drive some of them 80 miles north to the Santee River when the Edisto River is right there? And why would Dashaun be driving, and presumably stopping, at that spot after the fact if his involvement actually ended several weeks earlier in South Santee? If her DNA was found at that spot, then I start to seriously question the whole Jacksonboro story, and wonder again if it’s not just Brown trying to undo his perceived betrayal of the Taylors to protect himself and his mother.

On a side note, I find it incredible that the FBI has been so seemingly unwilling to work closely with those PIs that were hired by Brittanee’s parents. Among the “numerous” gator infested bodies of water they supposedly searched in 2016, we’re not even sure if that spot was included, and the whole Jacksonboro story was evidently news to them as well. At this point it seems as though private investigators and news reporters will get answers long before our esteemed FBI does. As the investigator alluded to, having anyone but LE recover evidence adds a degree of difficulty in ensuring that evidence ends up being allowed at trial. JMHO.

Very interesting about the phone calls. I have always thought that the "friends" from NY are connected to Brittanee's disappearance. I think she was set up to be kidnapped. I think that they should have been brought back to SC and interrogated much more thoroughly than they were.

I think it very strange to begin with that an under-aged girl was with this older group of people and was brought into a club where, IMO, she was shown off to the very people who ended up kidnapping her.
Too many coincidences of her being alone and walking all the way to the "boy's" room alone and then receiving the phone call from the girl to bring her shorts back. Doesn't make sense to me at all. Then the information about no further calls coming from this girl when Brittanee did not show up with the shorts is totally telling to me.

I thought she returned the shorts and got kidnapped while walking back to her hotel. Didn't they catch her on the security cameras at shorts girl's hotel? I could be wrong though.

I thought she returned the shorts and got kidnapped while walking back to her hotel. Didn't they catch her on the security cameras at shorts girl's hotel? I could be wrong though.

She was caught on video at the Blue Water Resort while visiting a group of males from Rochester. She was returning to her hotel (the Bar Harbor) to return the shorts to JO. Brittanee and "Shorts Girl" (JO) were traveling together.

That new surveillance video is interesting, although pretty grainy. I think its tough to tell with any certainty what sex the people behind Brittanee are. In fact, its tough to even confirm that's Brittanee. To me, it looks like at least one male, but the other two could be women, AND they look like they're walking a small dog. I doubt they're the kidnappers, but their proximity to Brittanee at that time certainly makes them possible witnesses. The other things I found striking are the amount of traffic and the number of people around, and the fact that she's walking against traffic. The Blue Water and Bar Harbor are both on the oceanside of Ocean Blvd. Why would she cross the street to walk back? I always assumed she would be walking with traffic on the oceanside sidewalk (the same side she walked there on) and thus would be vulnerable to someone slowly driving up alongside and quickly grabbing her. That would be less possible with her walking on the other side of the street. Maybe they saw her and drove around the block to either find a relatively secluded spot to wait to ambush her, or to come back around and quickly stop and grab her off the street.

That new surveillance video is interesting, although pretty grainy. I think its tough to tell with any certainty what sex the people behind Brittanee are. In fact, its tough to even confirm that's Brittanee. To me, it looks like at least one male, but the other two could be women, AND they look like they're walking a small dog. I doubt they're the kidnappers, but their proximity to Brittanee at that time certainly makes them possible witnesses. The other things I found striking are the amount of traffic and the number of people around, and the fact that she's walking against traffic. The Blue Water and Bar Harbor are both on the oceanside of Ocean Blvd. Why would she cross the street to walk back? I always assumed she would be walking with traffic on the oceanside sidewalk (the same side she walked there on) and thus would be vulnerable to someone slowly driving up alongside and quickly grabbing her. That would be less possible with her walking on the other side of the street. Maybe they saw her and drove around the block to either find a relatively secluded spot to wait to ambush her, or to come back around and quickly stop and grab her off the street.

Grabbed at an intersection?

That is odd. I do wonder if some of her friends maybe did know more, maybe were involved in something that resulted in Brittanee's abduction (not actually involved in the abduction probably). And the felt like they could say anything for fear of getting charged themselves. There is no excuse for not doing what they could to try to help find her. At least talk to her family etc.

I happened to work with a young guy in 2015 there in Rochester who happened to be in HS with BD when she disappeared. While I have no idea if anyone from Rochester was involved, and I highly doubt it, anyway, it just struck me as odd my co-worker was nonchalant about the whole thing. Maybe it's a generational thing or whatever, but just like the people BD was in MB with, it was like "Ho-hum, oh well".

They basically checked out at 1AM or thereabouts, and took off back to Rochester.

I happened to work with a young guy in 2015 there in Rochester who happened to be in HS with BD when she disappeared. While I have no idea if anyone from Rochester was involved, and I highly doubt it, anyway, it just struck me as odd my co-worker was nonchalant about the whole thing. Maybe it's a generational thing or whatever, but just like the people BD was in MB with, it was like "Ho-hum, oh well".

They basically checked out at 1AM or thereabouts, and took off back to Rochester.

I agree. I don't think those people were guilty of anything other than the callous selfishness and indifference of youth. They didn't know her, so what was it to them what happened to her? Shrug.

This case still haunts me, and I can't believe it's been ten years. The thought of what poor Brittanee might have suffered at the hands of those monsters is unimaginable. God bless Dawn and give her continued strength.

It's just unbelievable that the perpetrators have gotten away with this for so long.

I see three males and a dog. The PI states they are males as well. Would not surprise me at all if they also had their dog with them. I definitely see Brittanee in front of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkbuchanan1983