Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. I just check in occasionally, but nothing new for a long time. It seems to have gone cold again. I so want this case solved, but we need a miracle.

I agree it seems like we need a miracle to move this case forward. Sadly, it seems to me all the local LE agencies just want this case to go away at this point. It just serves as a lingering reminder of their bumbling incompetence. Plus they left the FBI with a badly mismanaged investigation to try to build on. It’s no wonder the feds have resorted to some of the desperate tactics they’ve employed. Barring one of the perpetrators growing a human conscience (unlikely) it seems there is little chance of getting justice at this point. Beyond infuriating.

I agree it seems like we need a miracle to move this case forward. Sadly, it seems to me all the local LE agencies just want this case to go away at this point. It just serves as a lingering reminder of their bumbling incompetence. Plus they left the FBI with a badly mismanaged investigation to try to build on. It’s no wonder the feds have resorted to some of the desperate tactics they’ve employed. Barring one of the perpetrators growing a human conscience (unlikely) it seems there is little chance of getting justice at this point. Beyond infuriating.
I agree with a lot of what you say. But I hesitate to throw the local LE completely under the bus. They did make mistakes for sure. But at spring break, a missing teen, no witnesses or leads. They got cell phone data that led them south, but that didn't help much. I think they did what they could at the time. Unfortunately whoever took Brittanee was able to do so without any witnesses to give an account or vehicle description. I think Brown's story is very believable, as far as it goes, (thought it has changed some). But there was just nothing to link Brittanee to those people at the time. Brown has probably told all that he knows, and it just isn't enough to file charges on anyone. We need someone else to come forward as well. Unfortunately, I don't see that as likely at this point.

I agree with a lot of what you say. But I hesitate to throw the local LE completely under the bus. They did make mistakes for sure. But at spring break, a missing teen, no witnesses or leads. They got cell phone data that led them south, but that didn't help much. I think they did what they could at the time. Unfortunately whoever took Brittanee was able to do so without any witnesses to give an account or vehicle description. I think Brown's story is very believable, as far as it goes, (thought it has changed some). But there was just nothing to link Brittanee to those people at the time. Brown has probably told all that he knows, and it just isn't enough to file charges on anyone. We need someone else to come forward as well. Unfortunately, I don't see that as likely at this point.

Thanks for your comment. I am always careful to not underestimate the task of LE, but in this case many amateurish mistakes were made and there are some major decisions made by the various agencies involved that have never been adequately explained. I have no doubt MBPD gets numerous reports of missing people, especially during spring break, that turn out just fine, and it’s certainly no easy task to quickly separate the benign overreactions from the reports that are potentially deadly serious. In this case, the odd, and sometimes unexplained, behaviors of the various “friends,” especially PB and the boys, created an added level of confusion for LE. Those vital early days were wasted investigating them, and whatever small chance there was to save BD was probably lost then, regardless of how long she was actually alive after she was taken.
However, the failure in retrieving cell phone data for the pertinent days is a shocking blunder. LE have stated they have received a huge number of tips and have “exhaustive” evidence, but just needed that “last piece of the puzzle” (I’ve always assumed that refers to BD’s physical remains). I think it’s a bit odd that LE stated in early 2010 that it was no longer a missing persons investigation but rather a murder investigation. They must’ve been pretty convinced of BD’s fate early on to make such a definitive statement. Investigators have claimed they had momentum in 2010, and were “close” to arrests until they were pulled from the case by their various agencies for unexplained reasons. Then there was the pointless Ray Moody diversion. I’d love to know who it was that steered the investigation away from “impending arrests” to a completely new suspect. IMO that important decision is what led to the case going cold the first time around. All of that happened years before TB said a word. While I don’t necessarily agree with them, I can certainly see why there are many conspiracy types wondering if the investigation wasn’t intentionally sabotaged.
Sorry for the long response, obviously I’ve been on this thread for a long time. Some cases just stick with you, and this one did with me. I find it frustrating that LE were much closer to getting justice 11 years ago than they are now.

One day,as I was searching Taylor's family and associates facebook profiles. There was a video, it was night, the whole neighborhood (I only saw men),were all outside the houses, smoking,loud music and probably passing drugs. A police car arrived and they were laughing saying : ohh he is here to take his share again. They pay the police officers to keep quiet and let them continue what they have been doing for years. I was shocked!! Excuse me for my English,it not my native language. I just truly believe that Taylor's are responsible for many crimes but they have people cover for them. Because if Taylor's open their mouth, they will take some with them..

I've been waiting on this news. I'm local and have a good friend that works in LE in Charleston (but has many working relationships within MBPD). He sent me a message last week and said something big was about to break in the Drexel case. Based on the information he gave me... someone might be ready to confess.

This is ONLY MY OPINION, as I have no knowledge of concrete facts.

I don't know if this is the "something about to break" that you were talking about, but someone has been jailed.....

Person of interest in Brittanee Drexel case jailed

(From WHAM-TV) (Tuesday, May 10th 2022):

"...Myrtle Beach, S.C. — A convicted sex offender identified years ago as a person of interest in Brittanee Drexel’s disappearance is in jail.

Raymond Moody, a registered sex-offender, was jailed May 4 on an obstruction of justice charge. Bond has been denied, per the Georgetown County Sheriff’s Office.

The sheriff's office has not yet released information on the circumstances behind Moody's arrest.

Brittanee, from Chili, disappeared while on spring break in Myrtle Beach in 2009. She was 17.

Moody kidnapped and raped child in California in the 1980s.

This is a developing story. 13WHAM will provide updates as they become available...
."

Praying this is the break for Brittanee!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moondashiie