Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How much time passed before anyone noticed Brittanee was missing? I just don't think the last guy to see her had enough time to hurt her and then move her body to a place where it is well hidden to then get back to the hotel and then leave in a rush. Also, Since he was not from the area, how would he know where to put her so no one would find her?

I am begining to think this is a stranger abduction crime of opportunity and she was taken away in a car on her way back to her hotel.

Are there preditors out there that drive around looking for the opportunity to snatch a woman off the street?

I don't know, Mendara. Britt went missing at or around 9:16 pm. I've seen 9:30 pm passed around as the time the girls realized Britt was missing, and 1-2 am given as the time they realized she was missing as well. I believe the correct time is the latter, but I don't know!!

Rochester News 13 Wham just had a pre news blip about a new turn in BD case. As soon as I have more I'll post. Nothing on website yet

Okay I'm going to transcribe directly from what the news says and soon as the link is posted I'll add that (it usually takes a little bit for them to upload on their web-site which is www.13wham.com)

New Phase after 8 weeks Mother Dawn back home from MB. Dawn on news says her and Chad have hired a Private Investigator to conduct their own search in SC.

Sorry they were misleading I was hoping for more, at the same time didnt' want bad news. At least they are keeping the media involved.

2 months today, God Bless BD and her family and friends!

Are there preditors out there that drive around looking for the opportunity to snatch a woman off the street?

With the reports showing that there was some incidents of a man following girls in the hotels and the one about a guy giving a girl a ride and threatening to kill her, I am sure it is possible.

In most cases you hear about with the sex offenders it seems the act is against people they know, someone's child and such. Of course there are the ones that abduct people they don't know.

When I went to the Blue Water Resort, as I walked out it was after 8pm, and when I went behind the hotel, the angle I was standing it was hard to tell if the next hotel was attached to the Blue Water, the two hotels are fairly close to each other. You can see and carry on a conversation with people on their balconies from the walkway infront of the BlueWater. I had to walk around front to verify that the two buildings were not connected.

I am having a hard time believing that a stranger just snatched her, without her screaming and being heard in that area. The streets are covered with people. I am leaning toward someone she knew or someone who said they knew some of the people that she traveled with.

i hope they didn't hire anyone from the anthony or haleigh case

How much time passed before anyone noticed Brittanee was missing? I just don't think the last guy to see her had enough time to hurt her and then move her body to a place where it is well hidden to then get back to the hotel and then leave in a rush. Also, Since he was not from the area, how would he know where to put her so no one would find her?

I am begining to think this is a stranger abduction crime of opportunity and she was taken away in a car on her way back to her hotel.

I don't know, Mendara. Britt went missing at or around 9:16 pm. I've seen 9:30 pm passed around as the time the girls realized Britt was missing, and 1-2 am given as the time they realized she was missing as well. I believe the correct time is the latter, but I don't know!!

Bolded by me.

I am figuring less then 30 mins was the time she was thought to be missing.

This would be my understanding..........
BD's boyfriend JG got a call from the girls while he was at work that BD was missing. He then texted BD at 9:16pm and got no reply from her. He left work and arrived at DD's home at 9:30pm and told her that she was in MB and is missing.
DD called PB and got 3 different stories from him about seeing her. She also called JO and AL 4 times and they would not answer her calls they would only answer PB's calls.
DD also called 911 and the Sheriffs came to her house. PB gave sheriffs 3 different stories. Sometime during all this DD had called JH who is in NC to drive down to MB and see whats going on and file an official missing persons report with MBPD.

So, by the time JH gets to MB and she's that she is in fact missing and makes a report it is well after 2am.. I think it was closer to 4-5am.

Also some news report state the BD had texted someone at 9:15 saying she was going to another friends hotel.

This is what sets off my hinky meter.....
1) Why did the girls jump so quickly that BD who is 17yo was missing if it had only been at most 30 mins??

2) Who got the texted saying she was going to another hotel??

3) Who actually sent this text??

4) Why would the girls not answer DD's phone calls??

5) Why was PB so suspicious on the phone??

6) And why did... I don't remember the persons name atm.... say on JO's FB that he will never go to MB again after what happened there??

Wow, autumndreams. I have never heard the story told like that before!!

I think a lot of PB, JO, etc.'s hinky behavior stems from the fact that they don't want to admit that they partied with Britt and were generally irresponsible punk kids throughout the whole trip. I am starting to believe that none of them really had a direct role in Brittanee's disappearance, personally... if anyone was involved, I'm thinking it's the incredibly hinky AS. I think they endangered her (though I'm sure BD was no angel) and have been behaving despicably, but that's all.

Bolded by me.

I am figuring less then 30 mins was the time she was thought to be missing.

This would be my understanding..........
BD's boyfriend JG got a call from the girls while he was at work that BD was missing. He then texted BD at 9:16pm and got no reply from her. He left work and arrived at DD's home at 9:30pm and told her that she was in MB and is missing.
DD called PB and got 3 different stories from him about seeing her. She also called JO and AL 4 times and they would not answer her calls they would only answer PB's calls.
DD also called 911 and the Sheriffs came to her house. PB gave sheriffs 3 different stories. Sometime during all this DD had called JH who is in NC to drive down to MB and see whats going on and file an official missing persons report with MBPD.

So, by the time JH gets to MB and she's that she is in fact missing and makes a report it is well after 2am.. I think it was closer to 4-5am.

Also some news report state the BD had texted someone at 9:15 saying she was going to another friends hotel.

This is what sets off my hinky meter.....
1) Why did the girls jump so quickly that BD who is 17yo was missing if it had only been at most 30 mins??

2) Who got the texted saying she was going to another hotel??

3) Who actually sent this text??

4) Why would the girls not answer DD's phone calls??

5) Why was PB so suspicious on the phone??

6) And why did... I don't remember the persons name atm.... say on JO's FB that he will never go to MB again after what happened there??

Le must know #2 and where she said she was going. I wonder if where she said she was going lead the girls to believe she was missing. It seems le and DD are letting a little more info out daily I thinks it's to try to make the kids talk. Hopefully there conscientious will get the best of them and talk to DD.

www.rnews.com

Search For Missing Teen Comes Back Home
06/26/2009 10:01 PM
By: Casey J. Bortnick

Friends and family of a missing Chili Teenager say they're doing everything they can to bring her home. Brittanee Drexel was last seen on April 25th at a resort in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Since then there have been no new leads, the family hopes a new approach will pay off.

"I still hope she's alive, I do," said Brittanee’s Mother Dawn Drexel.

For the last two months hope has kept Drexel going. After two months of searching for her missing daughter in South Carolina Drexel is trying something new.

01_Fill_the_Dome_6_26_09.jpg

"I'm staying home. If something happens, I'll head back down there but it's only going to be for a couple of days," Drexel said.

But Drexel and hundreds of others aren't giving up; they're reminding everyone Brittanee's still out there.

“Just getting the word out there letting more people know what's going on and what they can do," said Brittanee’s friend Lacey Inzana.

More than a hundred people came out to "Fill the Dome to Bring Brittanee Home" Friday night in Henrietta. An organizer said what was originally a teen battle of the bands needed a greater purpose.

"Two months ago my daughters came to me and said ‘daddy with all the people you know can't you do something.’ And since then, I've been something. I haven't done anything else but eat and sleep this event," said Event Coordinator Chuck Lamagra.

Tee-shirts and bracelets were sold to help keep Brittanee's image and name out there, but the real goal was to raise money to help the help the family hire a private investigator to keep this search going.

"We're hoping to make a donation that's a couple of decimal points the right way. As much as we can," Lamagra said.

Drexel said once Brittanee is found all the money raised will be used to help others families with missing children.

"It's just horrible not knowing you know," said Drexel.

So far raising money appears to be raising spirits. Drexel said after two months of searching any sign of optimism is a good thing.

"We as a family still hope she's alive. I mean it doesn't look good," Drexel added.

Copyright © 2009 Time Warner Cable. All Rights Reserved

Thanks for the info, nobull. I've been wondering the same things as gaia.

So the pings were issued when Brittanee received a call?

No, the pings are issued when a phone is simply powered on, regardless of whether it is actively used.

Or perhaps her phone went out of service in the rural area she was in and the ping was her phone regaining service?

Could be.

Could the cell phone ping if no one was using it?

Yes, if the phone was powered on.

Are the pings a sign that Brittanee was still alive at that time

No.

or just that her cell phone was working?

Correct.

Thanks for answering my stupid questions, nobull!

I wonder if the general area of the ping(s) have been searched at all. I understand that the area is very vague and judging from Google Maps difficult to comb through, but searching a small area w/ cadaver dogs couldn't hurt.

I just really want to see a big break, some resolution/closure to the case. I'd hate to see Brittanee slip into the abyss of missing girls, buried God knows where, never to be found... though that's assuming she is no longer with us, there is always that hope that she ran off and is still alive and kicking. :(

What are some possible explanations behind the pings 40 miles from Britt's last known location? I've really never seen the pings discussed much on the thread(s), but personally I think they're very telling and could hold a crucial clue (a funny coincidence I came upon while looking at the N Santee River area: there's a road nearby that is called "Britt St."!)

We know that the area is a straight shot down US Highway 17, which was less than a 1/2 mile from where Britt was walking. We also know that the area is marshy, and probably ideal as a dump site. So the most obvious explanation is that whoever took B just drove down Highway 17, murdered her and dumped her body near the ping site.

I'm not sure that it's that cut-and-dry, though. Maybe the perp brought Britt to that area temporarily, discovered the cell phone and threw it out, and went elsewhere. I also can't imagine that Brittanee, described as outgoing & headstrong, would *let* a stranger drive her in the opposite direction of where she was headed, unless she was killed or somehow incapacitated very early on. I think this is in part why Dawn suspects that the boys know something or did something.

Edit - I also think that one of the theories presented earlier holds some water ... about some or all of Britt's friends picking her up on the way back, going off to party and then Brittanee suffering an accidental death like an overdose... Something like this:

Britt is walking back to the hotel to return the "shorts", and some friends, perhaps that she met at Club K or elsewhere in MB, come along and offer to take B to a party. Brittanee is upset about the shorts and JO but obliges, however she still doesn't want to party and takes some drugs (and/or drinks) to "loosen up". She overdoses and whoever she's with panics and drives down Highway 17 until they find an area to put her, then come back and play stupid.

In a way, though, I can't see the idea of the perp driving down Hwy 17 looking for a burial site and choosing this area in particular. IF she were with the Rochester kids, how would they know to take her to the marshy area? You'd think that instead they would drop her off at the first wooded area they saw, which comes along a whole lot earlier than the Santee River marshy area. It seems like whoever got her was a local.

Didn't someone say that JO used to live in the area of Myrtle Beach or at least SC? :confused:

Sorry, lots of rambles... I'm sure no one read this, haha. Anyone else on this thread have further ideas/speculation about the pings or Britt's fate?

Yes, very sick
I hope LE sees this! there are surely subtle clues in those comments. If nothing else they could maybe trace comments back to computer that sent them (can u tell I'm no techie?)

I think it's a young female that prob knows BD, maybe a little jealous of her.Whoever it is needs a spanking at the very least!

Could the above be the kidnapper taunting the police????

Messages posted May 9th thru June 17th. Wonder if the poster got bored or maybe someone reported the messages?

some of the messages seem to indicate personal knowledge abt BD. If it was a kidnapper they would risk getting caught since they are on Twitter.

Is there a way to tell when that account was made (before or after 4/25)? If it was before, maybe Brittanee made it and gave out the password, or whoever took her was planning this and made it beforehand?

I kinda think what it says should be checked out, just to see if this really had any credibility. It seems too sick, too detailed to not have whoever is behind it somehow involved in the case. Mentions that she's in "Trenton", presumably Trenton, SC... 200 miles from MB. Hmm. Weird.

"wtf was mom thinking working on my dress when I was nowhere near her? Well meaning, but creepy!" Was that in the news at all? Is it even true?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme