Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two questions:

1. Doesn't anyone remember that one of Brittanee's roomies had ties to MB and Charleston? She had lived down here for some time period. Why do I remember that? I have always believed that the NY group met some of her old friends...partied with them at the clubs.
Can anyone find/remember a reference to that in the news?

2. Brittanee said she was going to go 'visit another friend's hotel'? I think that was said, right? Was that a text to her boyfriend? Was that in reference to PB's room or was that AFTER leaving his room, before returning to the girl's hotel?

I agree. Especially because there were so many of them to keep quiet.

But, I keep going back to PB and his association with owner of Club K, and the fact that PB high-tailed it out of there and hired an attorney with a quickness.

We're not sure exactly what the association is between PB and the owner of (the now defunct) Club K.

We were told that PB had a VIP pass. Anyone from the general public can purchase a VIP pass (to clubs such as these). A VIP pass gets you certain perks - such as a certain table or private party room, probably your own server for the night and probably a "bottomless" amount of drink.

So a VIP pass wasn't necessarily because he had connections to the owner - it was that he had the $$$ to pay for the priviledges of being a VIP.

The only verified club connection that I am aware of is the club he promotes for back in his hometown.

Two questions:

1. Doesn't anyone remember that one of Brittanee's roomies had ties to MB and Charleston? She had lived down here for some time period. Why do I remember that? I have always believed that the NY group met some of her old friends...partied with them at the clubs.
Can anyone find/remember a reference to that in the news?

2. Brittanee said she was going to go 'visit another friend's hotel'? I think that was said, right? Was that a text to her boyfriend? Was that in reference to PB's room or was that AFTER leaving his room, before returning to the girl's hotel?

JO didn't exactly live in MB from what most people have been able to ascertain - she lived about 45 minutes to 1 hr out in NC.

However, one in PB's group did live in MB and play ball for a High School there. I do not know how long his ties were to that area.

On the text - I was informed that it was bad reporting regarding this text - whether that is true or not, I have no idea. It did come from someone who was in the know at the time.

I keep 'rewalking' Brittanee's last steps.....away from the BWR back towards BH. Ever done that with Google maps? http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=blue water resort&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl
It's incredibly depressing and difficult to do. Not only does she exit the hotel in somewhat of an alleyway...she then had to either go through or around a parking garage in front of the hotel....at dusk, alone. Then she had to walk by a rather seedy area, with older, more run-down hotels...passes the main parking area for every nearby beachgoer. It's just shocking that she walked all the way there and tried to walk all the way back alone that late. It's shocking to see--in hindsight--just how many dangerous areas there are just steps from the BWR doors.
And to think that she 'allegedly' said she had walked around by herself on several occasions....it all just makes me think she was a sitting duck for any nut job out there.
I still believe this was someone she 'knew'....at least on a 'partying level'....but I will never get over the utter lack of interest or concern among her 'friends'. I know there's no legal recourse for being complete a$$es, but I confess that I secretly hope that these POI's aren't random strangers and are somehow connected to her Roc 'friends'....that the Roc 'friends' knew or had info that they didn't turn over to LE. I confess that there's some sick part of me that wants them to pay for being such self-interested people. I'm sorry, but I just can't see any other reason for them to be so utterly disinterested in her life and basic safety.

I would like to touch on something if I may. Would appreciate feedback

We all know there has basically been 2 time lines almost since the beginning of BD being missing.

There are very obvious time stamps on the BWR vids and the OB street cam (and this is where some confusion started with BD going towards or having left BWR).

In half of the news articles I've read through today - they use the times as recorded on the cams. In the other half of the articles the times have been adjusted. Someone brought up the point that possibly they hadn 't been adjusted for DST, which is a good point.

If the cams were not set for DST then that means the times were 1 hr off and 7:55 / 8:13 should have been 8:55 / 9:13. These times make the time line flow much better. (BWR cam times)

The street cam, however, has a time stamp of 20:15 - which is 8:15

Okay - now which cams have the wrong time? BWR or street?

If the street cam is correct and BD is still walking at 20:15 (8:15) and hasn't yet reached the BWR, then this goes to the theory that the later times are the correct ones...right?

But yet - we have PB & his lawyer locked into the early times. I noticed that in all of the articles that quoted these 2 that the early times of 8:00 figured very prominently into their accounts. Even PB stated on Dr. Phil that the sun was still up... (At 8 PM the sun was not up but there was minimal daylight).

With those early times being locked in by PB and JP - (but the later times looking better as far as fluidity of events) - then that leaves gaping holes of time as to where BD would have been and what she was doing during that time.

So what times do you all lean towards? The early time line? Or the later time line?

I am so happy that this case hasn't gone cold! Hopefully the Drexel's will have some peace, and this will rejuvinate the conversation!

Someone mentioned "shaking apples off trees (I like the analogy!) and I think that poster may be onto something. Rochester, and some of the neighborhoods can be a lot like small towns. NEWS TRAVELS FAST! Maybe LE waited to tell Dawn and family because they wanted to gauge the reaction of her travel companions, do some recon work.

Perhaps the travel companions have an incling about who was responsible for Brittanee's disapperance and they want to rattle those kids in NY and see who will share info that will tie the POI undoubtedly to Brittanee. I have always had a suspicion that drugs and/or drug dealers were behind this.

http://www.thesunnews.com/2010/04/13/1418626/search-for-teen-not-over.html

I pasted the above link because Monica Caison makes mention of a miracle, that she was trafficked and could be alive. It sounds to me like human trafficking is not suspected by CUE at this time.

MB Lover-
I have never found an exact answer, so I have gone by the official timeline LE has given.

As for PB, I just want to say that I do not blame him for rataining a lawyer. I know you all are about to cruicify me for saying that...but, if I were the last person to see someone alive, I were a man and the missing was a young, petite woman, and the circumstances were this weird...I would hire a lawyer too. I do admit, his disposition throughout the search is less than appealing though.

Krista - I can definitely relate to what you are saying...and some of those places do look a bit shady during the google walk.

Those pic's google did were from several years ago and these areas don't quite look like they did when the googlemobile was out driving around. A lot of those empty lots have now been filled in with other resorts/hotels. And the door that BD would have exited the BWR empties out into a parking lot - and then she would have had to walk several feet to OB to the sidewalk.

I'll have to dig to see if I can find this article...

But seems to me, I remember one article stating that BD's phone was tracked leaving BWR - going north (presumably back to BH) and then she turned around and began going south. This was presumed to be when she was taken?

Anyone remember that article?

I remember this article! Somewhere on a much earlier WS forum, someone actually mapped her cel phone moving towards the Bar harbor, then turning around and heading the opposite direction. It shows approx. block where the direction changed too! I cannot find it in old news stories...let me keep looking.

I think there is obviously a good chance she had at least had a passing acquaintance with her attackers but I still won't be surprised if she were abducted by complete strangers. There are all sorts of nooks and crannies along Ocean Blvd she could have been lured into. I wonder if the persons of interest have been suspected of trying something like this before. There is an excellent post made by a local in one of these threads talking about all the random creeps that are drawn to the tourist area of MB and how it can be a pretty seedy, unsafe environment. I'll see if I can find the post, it's really eye opening.

http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/is-mystery-of-missing-spring-breaker-brittanee-drexel-nearing-an-end/19435668

Johnson said the people of interest include three, possible four, individuals who live in the Myrtle Beach area. He declined to name them, and none has been charged.

"About 20 people have given us information, and the information they're giving to us is leading back to these few, but it's not enough to get an arrest warrant," Johnson said. "I would love to be able to get probable cause to get an arrest warrant to put them in jail today, but we don't have it.

"We feel like it is right there at our fingertips, but we've got to wait until we get enough."

Johnson wouldn't comment on what type of information the authorities have received, but he did say it has led them to believe Drexel is no longer alive.

Her family is not yet ready to give up hope, however. "They have no evidence. They have not found her body, and that's why our hope is alive," Drexel's aunt, Keri Drexel, told AOL News. "We need answers. Somebody knows something. Someone out there has the piece of the puzzle we've been looking for."

Wow 20 people knew something for that long. I'm guessing some of those might be the Rochester kids and their consciences got too them

Georgetown, SC - The mother of Brittanee Drexel will return to South Carolina next week. This as the case to find her daughter heats up. Nearly one year since Brittanee Drexel disappeared, investigators in Georgetown now say they are one key piece of evidence and one person coming forward away from breaking this case wide open. Authorities say three or four persons of interest know what happened to the teenager. Drexel was last seen walking along Ocean Boulevard in Myrtle Beach April last year, the last time anyone saw her. A numbers of searches over the past year ended with very little, but the case picked up in January.

“For some reason they starting calling us, I don’t know if they are putting themselves in the family’s shoes or what,” said Lt. Neil Johnson with the Georgetown Sheriff’s Office.

Lt. Johnson says the persons of interest are local, somewhere in the Georgetown-Charleston county area. But with the renewed attention, he worries they may skip town.

“That’s something we have to deal with because we have no authority to make them stay in a particular area, the county or the state, we just don’t have enough on them right now,” said Lt. Johnson.
Investigators say all signs point to this as a homicide, but we spoke to her mother Dawn by phone and she's not giving up hope.

“I don't want people to stop looking for my daughter, we don’t know if Brittanee is alive or not but I feel the need to get down there and keep her face out there and let them to keep looking for her,” said Dawn Drexel.

As for an arrest, Lt. Johnson says it could happen next week, next month or next year. Some of the persons of interest have been questioned by police and taken a lie detector test but those results are not being released.

Lt. Johnson says the persons of interest are local, somewhere in the Georgetown-Charleston county area. But with the renewed attention, he worries they may skip town.

Sounds like there trying to get that last person to give the tip. Telling them these people could skip town call with that 1 more piece of info. Interesting strategy I hope it doesn't backfire

Georgetown, SC - The mother of Brittanee Drexel will return to South Carolina next week. This as the case to find her daughter heats up. Nearly one year since Brittanee Drexel disappeared, investigators in Georgetown now say they are one key piece of evidence and one person coming forward away from breaking this case wide open. Authorities say three or four persons of interest know what happened to the teenager. Drexel was last seen walking along Ocean Boulevard in Myrtle Beach April last year, the last time anyone saw her. A numbers of searches over the past year ended with very little, but the case picked up in January.

“For some reason they starting calling us, I don’t know if they are putting themselves in the family’s shoes or what,” said Lt. Neil Johnson with the Georgetown Sheriff’s Office.

“That’s something we have to deal with because we have no authority to make them stay in a particular area, the county or the state, we just don’t have enough on them right now,” said Lt. Johnson.
Investigators say all signs point to this as a homicide, but we spoke to her mother Dawn by phone and she's not giving up hope.

“I don't want people to stop looking for my daughter, we don’t know if Brittanee is alive or not but I feel the need to get down there and keep her face out there and let them to keep looking for her,” said Dawn Drexel.

As for an arrest, Lt. Johnson says it could happen next week, next month or next year. Some of the persons of interest have been questioned by police and taken a lie detector test but those results are not being released.

Is Lt Johnson referring to the POI started calling or just some tipsters started calling?

MBLover, I tend to lean toward the later time in a way, but feel only about 60% in favor of that time. Seems like DD did question that time difference that PB was sticking with.

One more question comes to mind. The detective says they cannot stop the POI from leaving the area, but can a POI leave the country? Just wondering "out loud" because it would be so horrible if they finally find the key evidence they need to make arrests and the POI have skipped the country. Gosh this sounds more and more like the NH case in Aruba.

Wow, lots of pages to catch up on!

I'll be back to post new thoughts as soon as I submit a paper tonight. Yes, I'm still just a college student :(

"The Guys" - do you mean the Chili group?

I thought the same thing at first, but I don't think they're smart enough to pull of something like that without leaving some type of evidence, and allude LE for so long...

No, I mean the current persons of interest.

In reading on another message board I found this was being discussed. "Human Remains found that of a young girl"

http://www.news-record.com/content/2010/04/11/article/remains_are_of_a_young_female

I would not have thought anything too much about the discovery of these human remains since it was all the way up in Greensboro, NC area, but the description of the preliminary medical examination says the remains are that of a young white female in her late teens to early 20's and is about 5 ft tall.

I googled and found another web site where the couple that found the first bone discussed contacting LE and the guy goes on to say how he helped the detective search for more bones. That sounds bad to me that they did not immediately start protecting the area for a possible crime scene. I really do not think this could be our BD but is a horrific discovery and I hope they identify her quickly and can get her back to her family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!