Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MBLover: Wasn't mention made early on that when BD was in PB hotel room the Red Sox game was on, had just started I think? That would pinpoint the time. Of course this is assuming PB was being truthful.

:smiliecup:

I brought you all a cup of java this am. Wow there's 3 members and 11 guests on here this morning.

Keep up the good work for BRitt!

wm

LE releasing that statement before informing DD is very negligent on their part. There's no excuse for that. Those LE officials knew what they were going to say, the day before, and they could have / should have prepared BD, and given her AT LEAST a day to tell her children, and some extended family to be prepared. Again, that is irritating. Not something that is going to jeopardize the case.

That being said, I can't see where LE has made any other mistakes in this case. IMO they are doing the best they can. I wish they could have questioned and interrogated the Chili gang a little more, but its not their fault all those kids hauled a$$, and there's nothing more they could do.. For the most part, I stand behind SC Law enforcment..

We all certainly hope that LE has a lot going on behind closed doors. I hate not being "in the know" but it is necessary for a proper investigation. Even keeping the family out of the loop is needed, to a slightly lesser extent that the general public.

I'm not sure how I feel about LE effort in BDs case. From what I infer from family and news articles up until last week, the majority of the "work" was being done by family, the CUE Center, and the Amber Center, who put their own PI on the case. And also people here who keep the search alive, and even you Matt who is organizing an awareness campaign and did a FOIL request on your own. Granted, we may not be privy to what LE has or hasn't done, but my impression is that most of the effort is from family, friends, & Monica Caison. Of course, this is only IMO, from quite a distance away. No disrespect to the locals here! Also, it was treated in the beginning as a runaway (although I attribute that partly to CD and his comments in the first few days which were inappropriate at best), even when DD was saying from minute one that its not the case and valuable time, and people in the area, may have been lost.

IDK, I don't necessarily think LE has done wrong and don't mean to criticize... I guess its just frustration and so much time passing and how they treated DD last week.

MBLover: Wasn't mention made early on that when BD was in PB hotel room the Red Sox game was on, had just started I think? That would pinpoint the time. Of course this is assuming PB was being truthful.

From my understanding - (this was posted over on the original FB board for BD)

The Red Sox game had been on and was about to go off - at 8:20

But PB did make the comment somewhere (maybe Dr. Phil) that they had just started watching the game... Hmmm...just started watching a game that was almost over with???

Before I make an educated guess, please help me make sure I got these right:

1) PB+lawyer are sticking to the "about 8:00 she left"

If that were true, then the BW camera times are correct, and so is the other other street cam. (which is thought to be from the "Quality Inn", although that was never officially released ?)

2) It was reported that the last text sent from BD's phone was at 9:16PM, to JG ?

As far as tuning this time line, do we have any other times that we can base things off? i.e. - Last time she sent a text to JO or AL ?

Grrrr... I'm lost and confused again!!! :( :banghead:

Sorry for the confusion - but I think I'm about to confuse you even more... LOL!

IF the BW cam times are correct (7:55 / 8:13) - then the street cam (20:15 = 8:15) cannot be correct.

BD can't be on her way to BWR at 8:15 and already have been there... (This is where the confusion came in on this street cam to begin with - and that is why a lot of people thought this was BD after leaving BWR)

Someone responded to me regarding that 8:45 text here on WS...I'm going to go see if I can find the post.

Yep...more confusion! lol I don't think there is a definitive answer anywhere. I think we just assumed the DST, which makes sense...my fax machine is still on ST a month later! So that is a plausible explanation. The 9:16 text time has to be correct, cuz cell phones correct DST automatically. I would think that the street cams would as well, which leads me to think that the hotel cam has the wrong time? Or is it the other way around? More confusion!

Which further makes me wonder why they released the info now. It could be a public out cry for help, but that is such a calculated risk. I still think there is something that forced them to release the info.

Also, 20 tips, all leading back to the same 3-4 people. Yet, their identities have not leaked to the media.....? :waitasec:

This is really odd to me too. I keep thining these are young kids (late teens, early twenties). You'd think at least a "cousin's, friend's, brother's, girlfriend" would be posting somewhere about this.

From my understanding - (this was posted over on the original FB board for BD)

The Red Sox game had been on and was about to go off - at 8:20

But PB did make the comment somewhere (maybe Dr. Phil) that they had just started watching the game... Hmmm...just started watching a game that was almost over with???

No way the game was almost over with at 8:20 considering the game more than likely started at 7:05. If it was almost over, it had to be closer to 9:20 than 8:20.

No way the game was almost over with at 8:20 considering the game more than likely started at 7:05. If it was almost over, it had to be closer to 9:20 than 8:20.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=290425102

Game Information
Stadium Fenway Park, Boston, MA
Attendance 37,699 (102% full) - % is based on regular season capacity
Game Time 4:21
Weather 82 degrees, sunny
Wind 10 mph
Umpires Home Plate - Jim Wolf, First Base - Gary Cederstrom, Second Base - Brian Onora, Third Base - Fieldin Culbreth

ETA:
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1740714/brittanee_drexel_case_on_dr_phil_peter.html?cat=9

Dr. Phil then had Brozowitz tell about the last time he had seen Brittanee. He said she had walked over to his hotel room and they had just begun watching the Red Sox baseball game when she got a call and began arguing with one of the friends she had went to Myrtle Beach with over taking a pair of shorts that belonged to her friend. He said he asked if she wanted him to drive her home and she declined. Brozowitz said that last time he saw her was when she left the hotel room at a little after 8:00 p.m.

Sorry for the confusion - but I think I'm about to confuse you even more... LOL!

IF the BW cam times are correct (7:55 / 8:13) - then the street cam (20:15 = 8:15) cannot be correct.

BD can't be on her way to BWR at 8:15 and already have been there... (This is where the confusion came in on this street cam to begin with - and that is why a lot of people thought this was BD after leaving BWR)

Someone responded to me regarding that 8:45 text here on WS...I'm going to go see if I can find the post.

Just thinking about the webcam times for BWR and OB, etc. Since it is the same time of year right now...within a few days of the anniversary date, I would imagine if one or any of these cams times are incorrect, they are probably still incorrect. So it would be interesting to find out what they read currently.

Game Information
Wind 10 mph
Umpires Home Plate - Jim Wolf, First Base - Gary Cederstrom, Second Base - Brian Onora, Third Base - Fieldin Culbreth

ETA:
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1740714/brittanee_drexel_case_on_dr_phil_peter.html?cat=9

Dr. Phil then had Brozowitz tell about the last time he had seen Brittanee. He said she had walked over to his hotel room and they had just begun watching the Red Sox baseball game when she got a call and began arguing with one of the friends she had went to Myrtle Beach with over taking a pair of shorts that belonged to her friend. He said he asked if she wanted him to drive her home and she declined. Brozowitz said that last time he saw her was when she left the hotel room at a little after 8:00 p.m.

The time shown is not the time the game started. Usually at Fenway the games start at 4:10. Approximately 8:30 would have been the time that the game ended.

Regarding the request from the girl to return "her shorts", I used to think it was probably not the real reason for the call but rethinking this, I have a daughter myself and I know girls are very possessive of their own clothing. Especially if it was getting close to time to go home, the girl may have been running low on clean clothes to wear the last day or so of their vacation. I took my daughter to MB with one of her high school friends back in the 90's and had purchased almost a whole week's worth of new summer clothes for my daughter. When we got ready to go out to dinner that first evening, the friend had helped herself to my daughter's new clothes. I know girls do like to share clothing and borrow from their friends, but if push comes to shove, they want them back when all is said and done. Plus the girls seemed to be very self-centered from what we have read since this time last year so she may have really insisted on BD returning those shorts. Plus they could have been planning on her not riding back to NY with them and thought she better get them before it is too late.

The time shown is not the time the game started. Usually at Fenway the games start at 4:10. Approximately 8:30 would have been the time that the game ended.

That's cool! Thanks for the info! I was just going by what that web-site gave as game time. I just know that the game was just about over with according to that post over on the FB board.

I have contacted that FB poster and asked him about the game start and end time. Hopefully he will reply to me soon.

Game Information
Wind 10 mph

Yea, I looked it up as well after my last post. First pitch took place at 4:10 and with the game duration being 4:21, that means the final out happened at 8:31. The Red Sox won 16-11 at home in 9 innings. The Red Sox had a big spurt of runs in the bottom of the eighth to take a big lead. So, when PB talks as the game was "almost over", he probably was referring to the Sox having it well in hand. Thus, this probably happened AFTER the Sox had a big inning to put the game away (thus meaning it was almost over when the Yankees got up in the top of the ninth or when the Sox where almost done with their batting in the bottom of the eighth). The Yankees did not score any runs in the last inning and only five batters got up in that last inning. The Sox did not change pitchers during the inning, only doing so before the inning started (this means there was no extra time during the inning to warm-up a new pitcher). So with five batters up, the last half of an inning probably did not take any longer than 10-15 min.'s. Considering the game ended at 8:31 -- and PB talked about Brit leaving when the game was almost over -- this puts her leaving between 8:16 -- 8:31. Or PB could have meant "almost over" when the Sox were building the lead in the bottom of the eighth. This would have her leaving at more like 8:05 -- 8:15 or so. It would be nice to know from PB what he meant by "almost over." Did he mean the Yankees were at their last at-bats? If so, this would put the time of her leaving no earlier than 8:15.

That's cool! Thanks for the info! I was just going by what that web-site gave as game time. I just know that the game was just about over with according to that post over on the FB board.

I have contacted that FB poster and asked him about the game start and end time. Hopefully he will reply to me soon.

As a huge baseball fan...If you look at any game day info in the section for time, it shows game duration. I know that it was a matinee game. At Fenway they start their games at 4:10. At Yankee stadium it is usually 1:05.

If you do a Google News search for Brittanee's name and then the name of the sergeant, there are no results. Not in the past month, at least.

Thanks for looking if anyone finds any new quotes or comments from him, point it out for me if you would.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambone1480
Now that I really think about it, this is really weird. I am so intrigued by what the deal is here that I could pull my hair out trying to figure out what the heck is going on.

I have a distinct feeling more news is going to be released soon. possibly (and hopefully) before 4-25

I agree, I actually thought we would have something big by now. I was hoping they were ironing things out with their sources. With Dawn en route, they will have to give her something to calm her but one thing will lead to another question. Pandora opened the box...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay