Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In response to the question if kids could commit this kind of crime, i'm going to have to strongly say yes. Personally i feel very strongly that any juvenile could've committed a crime against Brittanee

In Georgetown County, we have 5 public high schools. Two are in outlying areas that I **think** would be too far away from the place of interest and the phone pings: Carvers Bay HS (Hemingway, SC) and Andrews HS.
That leaves the areas where the perps are most likely from and the schools that would serve that area: Waccamaw HS in Pawleys Island and Georgetown HS. There is also an adult ed/optional school that is also in Georgetown called the Howard Adult Center.
I'm not from this area, but if I remember correctly, Waccamaw HS, Carvers Bay, and Andrews HS would serve more affluent teens. Not to say they are all rich, but most would be more privledged than kids who feed into the Georgetown HS school district. Remember that the 5 kids arrested for burglary in March were from the more affluent side of town (Waccamaw HS), so that's not to say richer kids can't be criminals. Ultimately, though, the area LE keeps pointing us back to would be an area that is served by Georgetown HS, and would be a poorer area with, primarily, minority students.
Seems like LE would have a good idea about the 'bad' kids in the area, though. Again, I ask....is it possible that a person/group that does something like this to Brittanee could have remained under the radar prior to abducting her? I just don't see an abduction (and likely rape and murder) as a starting point in your criminal career. Seems like there would be a lot of burglaries and assualts prior to such an event. But if the teen/young person has an extensive or serious record, seems like LE would have had them on the radar long before December.
Wish we had access to juvie records :banghead:

Thanx...CUE will never stop looking....Gives us hope...

CUE is good - they found Alice Donovan. Of course, one of the perps in that case sent them a map but it had been years, maybe 4-7, not positive. Unfortunately there wasnt much to find but they didnt give up and I think the family has finally found much peace.

Sadly, I think murder was the final part of the plan only because they couldn't just let her go after what they planned to do to her.
I'd forgotten about the LE comments...scary stuff, IMHO. I was reading about an earlier case in Georgetown that made me shiver. About a man who kept two teen girls as his sex slaves in a self-made dungeon. I'm fairly certain that Brittanee is somewhere in Georgetown county. I'm not certain that she passed away that same night and I'm not at all certain that she is still with her phone.

OMG when did that case happen?

CUE is good - they found Alice Donovan. Of course, one of the perps in that case sent them a map but it had been years, maybe 4-7, not positive. Unfortunately there wasnt much to find but they didnt give up and I think the family has finally found much peace.

Yes however, those perps also sent them a map to another one of their victoms in the Huntington WV area the told them exactly were to look and they have searched several times and have yet to find that poor girls body. Monica has found the right place and there just isn't a body there. The inmate says he is accurate with his drawing and they can't find her. Knowone knows what happened to the body. Her name was Samatha Burns.

Cue is good I just hope they can get the info that they need and that it will be correct. They have search endlessly for Samantha to no avail.

The 2 perps in the above case are serving life in prison and told Cue were the bodies were located to give the family some closure (that is what one of them said ) I think I remember one of them saying he really didn't care.

OMG when did that case happen?

I read an article from several years ago....after searching for the article again tonight, it appears he was aquitted after being in prison for 7 years!?!? AMW made it sound pretty horrible!! I don't see how this guy got off!?!? He says the girls had sex with him willingly and they went in his dungeon to get pot. Sure....because EVERYONE grows pot in homemade dungeons! I still can't see how he wasn't convicted on drug charges and 2 rape counts. Teens can't consent by law, right??? Ugh.
http://www.amw.com/fugitives/capture.cfm?id=38089
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenneth_Glenn_Hinson
Sorry I'm off topic. Turns out, it may be on topic...that there is clearly more than one sicko in Georgetown County.

I read an article from several years ago....after searching for the article again tonight, it appears he was aquitted after being in prison for 7 years!?!? AMW made it sound pretty horrible!! I don't see how this guy got off!?!? He says the girls had sex with him willingly and they went in his dungeon to get pot. Sure....because EVERYONE grows pot in homemade dungeons! I still can't see how he wasn't convicted on drug charges and 2 rape counts. Teens can't consent by law, right??? Ugh.
http://www.amw.com/fugitives/capture.cfm?id=38089
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenneth_Glenn_Hinson
Sorry I'm off topic. Turns out, it may be on topic...that there is clearly more than one sicko in Georgetown County.

OMG that is all I can say. How did he get out after all of that.

Georgetowntimes has a 'crimeblotter' page that gives daily info on calls made to the police. Surprisingly, even with adults, they don't provide names. So, for example, yesterday a mother feared her daughter had been raped at a party and possibly given a rufie in her drink by a 20 year old who was at the party. Neither name was released. If a man is accused of rape and he is no longer a teen, shouldn't the newspaper provide his name? Just wondering. Wonder if there's anyway we can find out who all of these people are in these stories. LOTS of potential perps in the crimeblotter, IMHO!!

O/T there are some VERY disturbing stories in here...mom kept her kids in a cage while she cleaned house....no problem...the cage was clean, had toys for the kids, and she said it was the first time she'd done it. Doesn't even sound like there will be a followup for these children. Ugh. Makes me sick to my stomach. I don't care how clean your dog cage is, your children still don't belong in it. sigh...http://www.gtowntimes.com/crime/

I can't find it now, but there was a cryptic remark from one of the detectives asking the involved parties to act like men. The context of the remark implied to me that they are young and possibly involved in a gang.

Regarding the idea of this being a sophisticated crime - motor vehicle abductions are as effective and hard to investigate as they are primarily because they are not sophisticated (the simpler a plan is, the harder it is to mess up). A vehicle allows a perp to lure or grab a victim and exit an area in literally seconds, making it fairly easy to get away from any potential observation quickly, and from there our well developed roads allow the perps to get to a comfort zone very efficiently. Once in their comfort zone, the chances of them being caught are slim to none unless they have a blatant connection to the victim, they allow the victim to escape, they dump the body where it will be found swiftly enough to get DNA, or they blab to someone (this last seems to be the case here, thank god for idiot criminals that think what they did will make them look cool). In short, this could easily have been accomplished by a car full of teenage idiots, as the amount of planning and such would be minimal - all that would really be required is brazenness and a total lack of empathy.

All JMO as usual.

I can't find it now, but there was a cryptic remark from one of the detectives asking the involved parties to act like men. The context of the remark implied to me that they are young and possibly involved in a gang.

Here is the quote (can't believe how poorly this is written!):

“What we’re hoping is people who may associate themselves with these individuals will stop and think about britanee’s family, put theirself in britanee’s family’s shoes and think about it as if it was happening to them. Turn the whole scenario on them and please come forward and please give us information. What we’re also hoping for is these individuals that are responsible. that think they’re men and claim to men need prove theirselves and just come forward and tell us what they did and tell us where britanee is so we can put closure to this case.“

http://www2.counton2.com/cbd/news/l...news_police_have_leads_in_drexel_case/128176/

Here is the quote (can't believe how poorly this is written!):

“What we’re hoping is people who may associate themselves with these individuals will stop and think about britanee’s family, put theirself in britanee’s family’s shoes and think about it as if it was happening to them. Turn the whole scenario on them and please come forward and please give us information. What we’re also hoping for is these individuals that are responsible. that think they’re men and claim to men need prove theirselves and just come forward and tell us what they did and tell us where britanee is so we can put closure to this case.“

http://www2.counton2.com/cbd/news/l...news_police_have_leads_in_drexel_case/128176/

Wow, I hadn't seen that article. It's REALLY good to physically see the officer in charge of the case...to see him talk about the case. IDK, but I feel FAR more certain that he knows exactly who did this, but simply wants to make his case solid. I also have a feeling the 'key' evidence he's looking for is something the perp/s kept from the crime scene....her purse, her wallet, her phone, etc. I just felt like he was saying that he expects to find this evidence ON the perp/s. It also feels like he has all of his suspects...that he has solid leads, but that ONE of the guys doesn't fully know he's a suspect yet...and that LE doesn't want him to know.
I wonder how difficult it is to watch a suspect in this area. Many backroads, many dirt roads....houses more spaced out. Seems it would be near impossible to watch a suspect without him knowing.

Another thought - Could the kidnapping have been a gang initiation?

I wonder how difficult it is to watch a suspect in this area. Many backroads, many dirt roads....houses more spaced out. Seems it would be near impossible to watch a suspect without him knowing.

I thought about this too, when I was riding around the area...

Previously, perhaps on the last thread, we were discussing the possibilities of WHY LE released the latest news, and the first thing that popped into my head was the perps getting the hell out of dodge... The three things I can recall that we came up with:
1) The perp does not have the means to leave town on short notice.
2) The perp does not know he is a suspect.
3) LE has a "close eye" on him

I just don't think #3 is possible. I drove around the North and South Santee area for hours and hours, probably 12 hours in those areas in the past month!? I did not see any police presence. I am not using this as a way to bash LE. They have a LARGE area that they must protect and serve, so we cannot expect them to be everywhere all the time. It seems silly to think they can keep eyes on this POI at all times...

#1 makes me think of a young person, still dependant on others...

This may be a little OT but I am going to share anyway... This is a list of the communities in Georgetown County: (* indicates Incorporated location)

Allentown, Anne, Annieville, Barnhill, Belin, Belle Isle Gardens, Bethel, Caines

Campfield, Carters Crossroads, Center Crossroads, Choppee, Clambank

Conch Creek, Cribb Crossroads, Cumberland, Dunbar, Fraserville, Friendfield

Georgetown*, Georgieville, Gilliard, Good Hope, Graves, Green Bay, Huggins Crossroads

Italy, Jackson, Kensington, Kent, Lambert, Lanes Creek, Litchfield Beach

Lodge Hall, Marysville, Maryville, Midway Crossroads, Miller Crossroads

Mount Rena, Moyd, Murrells Inlet, New Hope, North Litchfield Beach

North Santee, Oak Grove, Oatland, Oceda, Olin, Owens, Parkersville

Pawleys Island*, Petersfield, Plantersville, Pleasant Grove, Pleasant Hill

Pope Crossroads, Port Hill, Puncheon Creek, Quarantine, Ramsey Grove

Red Hill, Rhems, Rice Crossroads, Rogers Crossroads, Rose Hill, Rosemont

Saint Pauls, Sampit, Simmonsville, Spring Gully, Strawberry, Sunny Side

Tyler Crossroads, Waverly Mills, West Andrews, Williams Hill, Yauhannah

I had NO idea there are that many communities in Georgetown! I listed what I think the hotspots may be, in red. Also, South Santee, though that community is in Charleston County.

Anyone out there think it may be another community on this list? Please let me know! (ahem, Rose) :)

Another thought - Could the kidnapping have been a gang initiation?

You know, ever since the new timeline was given, I've been thinking about that.....that, some sort of cult/ritual, etc.....but I also know that LE has said that the POI's didn't know Brittanee 'directly'. I just don't know why they'd say that if she had no idea who they were or they her.

Sorry, guys, but I haven't been to spring break week at MB in almost a decade. For those of you who have gone more recently, could you give a basic idea of what your experience was? 10 years ago, I could have walked a long way without ever coming into contact with anyone black or hispanic. I don't know WHY that is...but at that time it was just very unusual to see any minorities on the strip during that week. During other times of the year, it wasn't unusual at all...but that week always seemed to be overrun with white high school and college kids. In 2009, how likely it would have been for Brittanee to have met some black teens at Club K, the amusement park, or even along Ocean Blvd?

I certainly don't want to sound like I care if these perps are white or black or Hispanic...or that their race matters at all outside of finding out who did this. I'm just trying to get a feel for what Ocean Blvd looks like during spring break in 2009....and if it was highly likely that Brittanee would have partied with or met a group of black males at the places we know she went to on those last few days. 10 years ago, 3-4 black males hanging out together for spring break in MB or riding around in their car on Ocean Blvd would have been fairly out of ordinary...and, possibly, memorable~~especially if I saw them around Blue Water Resort and had heard about BD's case.

There is a suicidal man with gun in a car at local park here, Durand Eastman. Roads in area are closed. The news article I just read said that he could be connected to a missing person case in our area. I don't know how to post the link or I would....I read it on WHEC10 website.

OK, so another station, 13Wham is saying that this person is believed to be a missing person. I know there was a guy from Greece they were searching for last week. IDK, I got hopeful when I read the first article that it could be related to BD, but not so hopeful now.

Don't assume all the POI's or everyone involved is of the same race or gender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robbya