Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, krista, I am inclined to agree with you about this area not being directly connected to a certain home or property. My thoughts through this have also been a possible 'gathering place' kids in the area go to drink, party, definitely secluded and not about to be within earshot of a home or anyone that would possibly call LE because of 'something going on down at the river' - mostly because of underage drinking etc. But just a place known to locals as a safe spot for shenanigans. The only thing I would point out to you is that even close to that dock, it appears it IS accessible by vehicle to get pretty close. In photo three here on this link you see a couple of vehicles were able to get pretty close to where the dock is there. To me it looks like that may be diving gear on the dock, the orange and blue items, not sure.
http://www.carolinalive.com/news/photos.aspx?id=386560

I'm going through the clips and articles trying to find it but while I do that, just wondering what the best idea we may have gotten on the people who found the sunglasses - exactly where that was, as exact as we can get, from what we have been told. Anyone know? Would love to compare it in relation to this area around Corner Loop.

Here are some boatdocks from Belladonna Ct.

picture-uh=3a22759ab34cb1953822c17f358290e4-ps=81be49de1d69833093f4f2fc8bfc4f.jpg

picture-uh=13e1513f57cc7159b53df156fa771c0-ps=907f517e92366eed75f2c22360a01ac5.jpg

picture-uh=d886feb19c443bd21842ff6248bb14b5-ps=5e8d68a4804640c1443bd6eed43b5cb.jpg

Not sure how similar you folks consider these to be to the one searched.

This is the most recent area we have been talking about. You can pretty much see all the docks...

picture.php

Haha, LLLindsayy!!

Aren't you in NY??
It looks like you're in their backyards with your camera!! How in the world did you get these? I couldn't get anything on this street and you're getting photos of everyone's backyards!! I love you people!!
ETA: Do you have addresses for these properties? In your first post, the second one with the dirt road looks pretty similar. And I think your second post...the dock that isn't connected to any house is exactly what I was looking for....the first one..closest to the bottom. I'm not really seeing an alcove here, though. There is an alcove at the very end of Mazyck Dr....which is the next street up from Belladonna Ct. But I can't get close enough to see if there's a dock in that alcove. Here's that picture: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...379,-79.394932&spn=0.012996,0.037079&t=h&z=15

Haha, LLLindsayy!!

Aren't you in NY??
It looks like you're in their backyards with your camera!! How in the world did you get these? I couldn't get anything on this street and you're getting photos of everyone's backyards!! I love you people!!
ETA: Do you have addresses for these properties? In your first post, the second one with the dirt road looks pretty similar. And I think your second post...the dock that isn't connected to any house is exactly what I was looking for....the first one..closest to the bottom. I'm not really seeing an alcove here, though. There is an alcove at the very end of Mazyck Dr....which is the next street up from Belladonna Ct. But I can't get close enough to see if there's a dock in that alcove. Here's that picture: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...379,-79.394932&spn=0.012996,0.037079&t=h&z=15

Haha :)

Yes, I'm in NY. The dock photos are from a realtor web site. I Googled the street name and noticed that at least two of the homes are for sale. The have picture of the properties posted.

The overhead image along the river was with Bing 3D Maps. I searched for Corner Loop and then dragged my view to the edge of the river next to the road you had pointed out. I switched my view from aerial to bird's eye and VOILA. :)

If we are comparing it to the one most of the news clips had, like with the dog and Monica Caison lying on it, maybe a better word would be 'pier' than 'dock', IMO, even though I have been freely throwing the word 'dock' around myself. These docks LLLindsay posted seem to have two levels, bigger structures. The one I saw in the pictures with the diver near it was just a one level straight out pier, about 20-25 ft long.

Actually, LLLindsayy,

On second thought, I think those docks are faced the wrong way. Hopefully you can understand my unclear thinking :))

Look at these photos of the dock...there are 3 photos. http://www.carolinalive.com/news/photos.aspx?id=386560

In these photos, there are no visible higher decks to the docks...just the floating dock.
Also, Based on what I see, we should be looking for a dock that goes straight out into the water, not one that parallels the land.
I don't think any of the photos of Belladonna Ct go straight into the water, so I feel like we are looking for a different dock.

If we are comparing it to the one most of the news clips had, like with the dog and Monica Caison lying on it, maybe a better word would be 'pier' than 'dock', IMO, even though I have been freely throwing the word 'dock' around myself. These docks LLLindsay posted seem to have two levels, bigger structures. The one I saw in the pictures with the diver near it was just a one level straight out pier, about 20-25 ft long.

I think we were cross posting. I believe we are on the same page with this!! I'm glad you said it a lot clearer than I did!! :dance:

I, too, thought the docks were different than what was in the photos of the search. I thought I'd show them anyway... now we can rule that area out. Maybe?

Wow, LLLIndsayy,
Bing has GREAT maps!! That might come in really handy!! I can see tons of detail now. Still looking.....

Here I go again with my wonky map links...I get them where I want them, copy the link and test it and its perfect but then for some reason when I post them in here, they are off to some degree than the exact one I had. So anyway, IF this works, this is the area most interesting to me. It is a little 'down river' from Belladonna, southeast direction. If you zoom back out a little it would be almost due west from Mazyck Dr., right at the top of where the river curves there.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou....226725,-79.406422&spn=0.003967,0.009624&z=17

Nope, sorry - I get so frustrated! Anyway, grasp and pull that map down a little and look straight to the left of Mazyck and that is the area I am trying to concentrate on.

Folks, this is the closest thing I can find in the general vicinity that you are focusing on, that looks similar to a dock. I can't guarantee it is at all. It's kind of blurry -- this is the closest I could zoom in.

Anyways, have a look. It located about halfway between Belladonna and Mazyck.

picture.php

If you have trouble seeing it, please note it is slightly left of being dead center in this pic.

My thoughts through this have also been a possible 'gathering place' kids in the area go to drink, party, definitely secluded and not about to be within earshot of a home or anyone that would possibly call LE because of 'something going on down at the river' - mostly because of underage drinking etc. But just a place known to locals as a safe spot for shenanigans.

Agree. In one of the search articles, they talk about stepping over beer cans.

Krista, here is the alcove you mentioned.

picture.php

Do you know if that is north or south of Belladonna? It looks a lot like the area I am talking about, but maybe just taken different times/seasons and that is what is throwing me off.

Now as far as Belladonna specifically, I just wanted to find that road to know exactly where those searches were in Dec/Jan. Not saying anything should for certain be off Belladonna, but it gave us a better idea of exactly where they were as far as which side of the river and/or Hwy 17, whether they were closer to South Santee, etc.

Do you know if that is north or south of Belladonna? It looks a lot like the area I am talking about, but maybe just taken different times/seasons and that is what is throwing me off.

Now as far as Belladonna specifically, I just wanted to find that road to know exactly where those searches were in Dec/Jan. Not saying anything should for certain be off Belladonna, but it gave us a better idea of exactly where they were as far as which side of the river and/or Hwy 17, whether they were closer to South Santee, etc.

South

Ok, I think that is exactly where I am focused. Your pic looks like winter time, which would mean less leaves on the trees, allowing us to see how that tributary (?) runs up there, which I think would also technically be considered an 'alcove', and with the one I posted, which looks summer or spring, the water level would usually be a little lower in the summer (drier). Yours, winter, you don't see as much of a shoreline as you do in the one I posted from Google maps but I think the water was just up higher at the time in the one you posted along that area.

Interesting to see the difference in the seasons too. I see the pier in the other one you posted too. Can't find it on my Google map I posted going up towards Belladonna but again, the foliage could just be obscuring it and I can't seem to zoom in quite as close as it looks like you did with Bing.

picture.php

such a small area. I very much doubt we will be able to locate this through aerial maps, unfortunately.

some things we can tell from the given search photos:

pic 1:
there appears to be a clearing next to this area if you look in the top right hand corner. i could be seeing things, but it does appear the trees and less dense and that the area opens up a bit.
this area appears to be concave in relation to the shoreline, as opposed to convex.
the dock may project at an angle that we assume to be pointing north, based on clues we have gathered.

pic 2:
there are no railing on the side of this pier.

pic 3:
there is a railing at the end.
the area the dock projects from is woodsy, not cleared, like a beach.
CAN fit at least two decent sized vehicles down to the shore.

ETA: I'm using the photos at this link that we have tossed around a bit:
http://www.carolinalive.com/news/photos.aspx?id=386560
The photos are numbered at the bottom.

Lindsay, that dock is the EXACT one I was trying to tell you about. Sorry us old people aren't better with maps and links!! Thanks for reading my mind!! So helpful!

Anyway, that dock and this one below. Maybe you can figure out how to link a photo...I can't!!
It's the one with the blue boat in front of it. It's right next to the other dock....to the right of it. Notice the trees and the slight clearing to the right of the dock where a vehicle could be driven. I think these two are good contenders. Maybe we could find someone to put them side by side....or with photos of the actual dock being searched!!

You'll have to zoom in on the dock a little....sorry again for my poor IT skills!!: http://www.bing.com/maps/?FORM=Z9FD...zLjIxMDY1NTM1ODU2MiU3ZS03OS4zOTM1NDgxMzY4NzMz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
welsh98