SC SC - Brooke Henson, 20, Travelers Rest, 4 July 1999

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
bugaboo said:
Even if Esther never knew Brooke, she had to have gotten Brooke's id info from someone, so it would be important to find out who that was.Strange indeed.
If I am not mistaken, she got the info off a registry in Vermont.

bugaboo said:
Even if Esther never knew Brooke, she had to have gotten Brooke's id info from someone, so it would be important to find out who that was.Strange indeed.
Esther Reed managed to gain access through Vermont State Police computers to a missing-persons database where she found Brooke's Social Security number and other personal information.

If I'm not mistaken that is when she contacted South Carolina Department of Health and Eviromental Control - Division of Vital Statistics for a copy of Brooke's birth certificate.

Travelers Rest police and family members are hoping that Court TV can answer the question of what happened to Brooke Henson nearly eight years ago.

Henson has been missing since July of 1999. Since then, investigators at the Travelers Rest Police Department haven't stopped looking for her.

"You never seem to have any closure to anything. It's constantly on your mind,” Brooke Henson's aunt Lisa Henson told WYFF News 4’s Myra Ruiz. “It's constantly a dark cloud over your head."

Court TV’s Missing Persons Unit program will feature Henson’s case in an upcoming episode.

"It's just one more way to pressure your people to speak to us, to jog people's memories, to draw attention to it," Travelers Rest Police Chief Lance Crowe said.

Police said they consider several people to be “persons of interest” in Henson's disappearance, but none have yet been named as suspects.

http://www.wyff4.com/news/11457980/detail.html?rss=gs&psp=news

Family holds out hope on Brooke Henson's birthday

Jennifer Phillips reporting
TRAVELERS REST, S.C.-- Family and friends gathered for a birthday celebration at the Ingles Grocery Store parking lot in Travelers Rest. There were balloons, ribbons, bracelets and even a birthday song, but the guest of honor is missing.
"She's my daughter and I miss her, I miss her everyday," said Martin Henson, Brooke's father.
So, everyday for eight long years, he waits on a phone call, hoping someone on the other end of the line will say Brooke's home. "I hope she see's herself on TV and comes home," said Brooke's father.
Friends and family members say they last saw Brooke at her home on Henderson Drive in Travelers Rest back on July 4, 1999. As the years go by, it doesn't get any easier, especially on her birthday.

So, as the group held candles in honor of Brooke, her mother cried uncontrollably, but she and her family remain hopeful. "There's so many things you can imagine- the good, bad, ugly, in between- you know? You just don't know, and a lot of times that's scarier than knowing," said Christi Metcalf, Brooke's aunt.
Brooke's family is praying for a break in the case. "It is just so hard, we just want some answers that would be great and having so we can have some form of closure because it is very, very hard," said Lisa Henson, Brooke's aunt.
Even though Brooke wasn't at the candle light vigil, family and friends say she was there in spirit. "Turquoise is her favorite color and the yellow stands for bring her home," said Tammy Welch, a family friend.
The group hopes next year, Brooke will be with them celebrating another birthday.
Travelers Rest Police Chief, Lance Crowe, announced that members with the Carole Sund-Carrington Foundation are offering a $5,000 reward for information that will bring Brooke back home.
Call the Travelers Rest Police Department if you have any information about this case.

http://www.fox21.com/Global/story.asp?S=6385390

How incredibly painful to first be told that Brooke was alive and then find out it was a con artist!

I am so sorry for Brooke's family but maybe the publicity will bring forth more about Brooke and be of some comfort in that regard.

A con artist accused of stealing a missing South Carolina woman’s identity to get into an Ivy League school pleaded guilty to fraud and identity theft charges Tuesday.

Esther Elizabeth Reed, 30, who had been attending Columbia University in New York City for two years under Brooke Henson’s identity, admitted to the ruse in a federal court Tuesday in Greenville. She faces up to 47 years in prison and $ 1million in fines for aggravated identity theft, mail fraud, wire fraud and loan fraud charges.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,406323,00.html

That is so repugnant! I wonder how that woman could live with herself. I am guessing she has some personality disorder.

So I was reading a story on Fox today about the woman who was using Brooke's name.

Anyways, many years ago, when I was a teenager I used to have premenitions. I had one when I read this article. OMG. It has been over 20 years since I had one.

I went to google Brookes name and I entered henderson as her last name, nothing. Meanwhile Gary Hiltons name keeps runing through my head.
Went back to the article couldnt figure out where I got this, nothing in story about henderson. Finally googled Brooke Henson.. She disapeared on Henderson Rd.
On Brookes website there is a couple references to a psychic and her theory. Dog, pointed nose, red, (Irish setter??), guy beard, bandana. This was posted way before gary hinton abducted and killed the hiker in Union County Ga. This is not that far from Travelers Rest Either.

Anyways, to get to the point, I think she was abducted and murdered by Gary Hilton. Call me crazy I dont care. Havent talked about premenitions in years and this. I was never wrong back then.

Has Gary Hilton been mentioned on this case before??? I am really freaked out by this. Normally I am sane really.

Has Gary Hilton been mentioned on this case before??? I am really freaked out by this. Normally I am sane really.

I don't think he's been mentioned; however, I think there is a possibility. I lived in the area once upon a time and it isn't that far from Blood Mt.

Did this girl hike in the parks or camp in isolated places? Just wondering as the people that we are aware of the Hilton murdered were in the woods and parks. If she was an outside person there is the possibility that he did get her. I'm sure that Hilton had more victims then we are aware of.

Did this girl hike in the parks or camp in isolated places? Just wondering as the people that we are aware of the Hilton murdered were in the woods and parks. If she was an outside person there is the possibility that he did get her. I'm sure that Hilton had more victims then we are aware of.

I found reference on this page
http://www.missingabducted.com/2006/07/brooke_henson_h.html

saying that she liked to go hiking at River Falls in Greenville County.

Also on AMW it states that she liked to go hiking.
http://www.amw.com/missing_persons/case.cfm?id=42966

This case really interests me, but I need to look in to it more.

Does anyone know if they looked at the boyfriend to start with?

I mean, I don't see why they wouldn't have, but the story made it sound like he was at her house the entire time.

To Sluthester- I know exactly where you're coming from, and often question my sanity also!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18
Back