SC - Cathy Diane 45, John Michael 49, & Tipsy (dog) Thompkins, shot dead @ home, Marion Co, Oct 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...-couple-and-their-dog-unsolved-5-months-later

MARION, S.C. (AP) — A sheriff's office in South Carolina said it needs help figuring out who killed a woman, her husband and their dog in a home five months ago.

Someone called 911 to report they heard gunshots near the Marion County home on Oct. 3 and at least one of their neighbors appeared to be dead, investigators said.

Last edited:
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...-couple-and-their-dog-unsolved-5-months-later

MARION, S.C. (AP) — A sheriff's office in South Carolina said it needs help figuring out who killed a woman, her husband and their dog in a home five months ago.

Someone called 911 to report they heard gunshots near the Marion County home on Oct. 3 and at least one of their neighbors appeared to be dead, investigators said.

Thank you. There is little out there but I notice that some reports don’t mention the person saying that “one of their neighbors appears to be dead”. I wonder if one of the victims made it to a porch or somewhere if the caller could say that? Every report that I’ve found is just about word for word the same.

If I’m finding the right place it’s showing up in Mullins SC and Ervin ct looks to be a nice neighborhood.

Looks like it's right off a 2 lane highway.

I was just noticing the nice looking homes and some pools around the area.
I haven’t seen obituary notices and don’t know anything at all about the victims. They appear to be well thought of with the neighbors being so concerned on that night.

Deputies seek answers after married couple, dog found dead inside Marion Co. home: Report

Deputies responded to a home on Ervin Court and found 45-year-old Cathy Diane Thompkins, her husband 49-year-old John Michael Thompkins and their dog, "Tipsy" all dead from gunshot wounds inside the home, according to the release.
SBM
191ab40b-2fc5-4f1c-b72b-c805c92dc22a-DavidCarlosSmith20220324T172802.261.png

What does the fact that they killed the pet tell us? I’ve heard of that before but in this case I don’t know. Maybe Tipsy tried to protect them? Got in the way? Or does this just show the rage of the killer?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!
Back