SC SC - Columbia, Redhill Rd, BlkFem 35-45, 185UFSC, rolled hair, dentures, clothes, 2 rings, Nov'88

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Found this question.
If a ring has 18K GE and an A with a circle around it on the inside of a ring what does it mean?

Answer.
18kt g.e means gold electroplate...not worth a whole lot. the symbol is of interest. look at it more closely. are you sure it is an A inside a circle and not a masonic freemason symbol? the freemason symbol, if small can look like an A and the circle is actually a blue lodge order symbol sometimes used in conjunction with the base freemason symbol. some of the older masonic rings were made of cheaper materials. is

Posting this info for BeyondTime2

Attachments

• SC Unidentified Black Female November 5 1988 POST.pdf
    437.1 KB · Views: 11
KBVO8hT.jpg

I THINK THE MARK IS FROM ARORA JEWELRY MANUFACTURING.COULD HAVE BEEN AVON.iF YOU CAN FIND THE RING, PLEASE LET ME KNOW! DEFINATELY BOUGHT BEFORE NOV . 1988
IF IT IS AVON, THAT COULD HAVE BEEN SOLD ANYWHERE!

I THINK THE MARK IS FROM ARORA JEWELRY MANUFACTURING.COULD HAVE BEEN AVON.iF YOU CAN FIND THE RING, PLEASE LET ME KNOW! DEFINATELY BOUGHT BEFORE NOV . 1988
IF IT IS AVON, THAT COULD HAVE BEEN SOLD ANYWHERE!

If it is Avon, I would imagine they have records of every product sold and the consultant that sold them, just because of how the company works. I feel like it would be easier to trace if it was Avon than if it was a company that sells in multiple retail outlets.

Where did you get the information about Aurora Jewelry?

I found the A inside the circle mark on some website saying it was Auora manufacturing. When I attempted to call , the registered agent is an attorney and did not return call. I wanted to know where these were distributed. In any event if it is Avon, perhaps with your kind help we can track location. Thank you!

I have also found a book, "Identifying Avon Jewelry" that is supposed to contain most Avon jewelry released since they began selling jewelry in the 60's, which a library about 30 minutes away from my house has. I'm going to try and make it over there this weekend to see if I can find either of the rings in the book. I'll post any info I find.

Here's a link to the book on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Identifying-Avon-Jewelry-Sandra-Sturdivant/dp/0764330616

Hi ya fellow weblseuths,

I just came across this case and found a possible match and need your professional opinion:)...

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/12595
Rathbun020.jpg

Minimum age 35 years
Maximum age 45 years
Race Black/African American
Sex Female
Weight (pounds) 140, Estimated
Height (inches) 63, Estimated
Estimated Postmortem Time 2 weeks

Could this potentially be Marie Antoinette White?
http://charleyproject.org/cases/w/white_marie.html
white_marie.jpg

I can't find a findthemissing entry for her and no info if she is still missing. However the pictures look so alike to me - the places are very close to each other and she was reported missing 5 days prior. This however doesn't match the 2 weeks date, so.... What do you guys think?

This lady was found with rollers in her hair - perhaps lived in proximity to where she was found. Also wearing 2 rings on her left hand - possibly engagement/wedding rings?
A PMI of 2 weeks puts her estimated death in late October 1988.
I looked through all the SC MPs in Charley Project but didn't come up with anyone that fits this timeframe.
www.namus.gov/UnidentifiedPersons/Case#/12595/details

Estimated Age Range (Years)35-45
Estimated Year of Death1988
Estimated PMI 2 Weeks
Height 5' 3"(63 inches) , Estimated
Weight 140 lbs, Estimated
Circumstances
TypeUnidentified Deceased
Date Body Found November 5, 1988
NamUs Case CreatedJune 18, 2014
ME/C QA Reviewed--
Location Found Map
Location Columbia, South Carolina 29203
County Richland County
GPS Coordinates (Not Mapped)--
Circumstances of Recovery The decomposed body of a black female was found by hunters in a wooded area off of Redhill Road on November 5, 1988.
Details of Recovery
Inventory of Remains - One or both hands not recovered
Condition of Remains - Not recognizable - Partial remains with soft tissues

Physical Description
Hair Color Black
Head Hair Description Medium length with rollers/curlers

Clothing- Black skirt and slip and blue or green colored underwear- On the Body

Clothing - button dress shirt - Near the Body

Jewelry - Two rings on left hand with stones

What about Christine Daniels, aka Christine Conley, aka Christine Hurt; reported missing from Chicago in 1980 at 37 years old. Which would’ve made her around 45ish in 1988.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Her twin sister reported her missing, and the age range/height/weight fit. And this composite looks pretty similar to the photo of her twin sister. If she’s had three different last names, I wonder if it would be far fetched to find her in Columbia, SC prostituting (unstable lifestyle).

Attachments

• 00756C77-9E9D-4F8E-9B78-125D4D48A371.jpeg
    00756C77-9E9D-4F8E-9B78-125D4D48A371.jpeg
    96.5 KB · Views: 4
SCF881105 Unidentified Black Female The victim was discovered on November 5, 1988 in Columbia, Richland County, South Carolina

Estimated Date of Death: August or September 1988
Vital Statistics
  • Estimated age: 35 - 45 years old
  • Approximate Height and Weight: 5'2" - 5'6"; 140 - 150 lbs
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Unknown
  • Dentals: Unique/dental- wore upper dentures

Case History
The victim's decomposed remains were discovered by hunters in an area off Red Hill Road, Columbia, SC on November 5, 1988.

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Richland County Sheriff's Office
803-576-3000

You may remain anonymous when submitting information.
NCIC Number:
U-486871920

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jdogcatfish