GUILTY SC - Dana Woods, 18, & June Guerry, 22, Berkeley County, 26 August 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
And Dana had a smart phone:

Her mum also says:

Perhaps she helped out the wrong person this time?

http://www.berkeleyind.com/news/dana2012-08-29T09-40-10

Her poor mum, it's clear she idolised her daughter. Having a teen myself, I don't even want to try to imagine what she is going through.
I do... well did... not many 15 yr old kids start college & go to high school at the same time. Dana really was a great kid... just wish the first officer I told that to would of believed me. Thank you all for being so respectful & not posting anything mean that would cause emotional damage to our families. RIP Dana & June... Justice will be Served!!! :jail:

I do... well did... not many 15 yr old kids start college & go to high school at the same time. Dana really was a great kid... just wish the first officer I told that to would of believed me. Thank you all for being so respectful & not posting anything mean that would cause emotional damage to our families. RIP Dana & June... Justice will be Served!!! :jail:

This was 2 senseless murders!
Why not just take the money & car-I'll never understand why people kill
for such things..
I hope both rot in prison!!

Hill-I am so sorry for your loss..:rose:RIP Dana & June

They said it could be up to two years before we go to court... I'll post on this thread as soon as I know. Thank you both... Do y'all live nearby? Just curious

http://www.berkeleyind.com/article/20140811/BI01/140819961/1071/BI

Jury selection for the murder trial for one of the men accused of killing two Berkeley County women two years ago started Monday at the Berkeley County Courthouse.

The 12-member jury will decide the fate of Caleb Brad Matlock, who is accused of shooting 18-year-old Dana Woods and 22-year-old June Guerry in August 2012. His cousin, Arthur Ray Chavis, is also accused of murder and is awaiting trial.

Closure in Berkeley County murders following guilty plea
Posted: Apr 21, 2015 5:19 PM CST Updated: Apr 28, 2015 5:19 PM CST
http://www.counton2.com/story/28862728/closure-in-berkeley-county-murders-following-guilty-plea
BERKELEY COUNTY, SC - The final page has turned in the 2012 murders that stunned a rural community in Berkeley County. 18-year-old Dana Woods and 23-year-old June Guerry were shot dead inside the Francis Marion Forest. The two women drove Wood's car into the forest after the trigger-man Caleb Matlock said he needed help searching for his wallet. After they all got out of the car Matlock shot them both with a pistol in the dark woods.

Arthur Ray Chavis says he didn't know his cousin Matlock was planning to shoot the girls that night but Chavis helped by lying to investigators and hiding evidence. Wood's body was found partially clothed in a shallow hole not far from the scene. Guerry's body was dumped about mile from her home.

Man sentenced to 25 years in deaths of 2 women in Lowcountry
Tuesday, April 21, 2015
http://www.southstrandnews.com/article/20150421/GTT05/150429992/1125
MONCKS CORNER, S.C. (AP) — A Berkeley County man has been sentenced to 25 years in prison in the shooting deaths of two women whose bodies were found in the Francis Marion National Forest.

Area media outlets report that 26-year-old Arthur Ray Chavis of Cordesville had been charged with two counts of murder in the deaths of 18-year-old Dana Woods and 22-year-old June Guerry in August of 2012. But Chavis pleaded guilty in court in Moncks Corner on Tuesday to lesser counts including voluntary manslaughter, armed robbery and possession of a weapon during a violent crime.

Last year Caleb Brad Matlock of Summerville, who prosecutors say was the triggerman, pleaded guilty to two counts of murder and was sentenced to 55 years in prison.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Morgy1
Back