Found Safe SC - Devon Burton, 2, Anderson, 27 Jan 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yay! So happy to hear, was very concerned about this lil guy!

Devon’s mother, Heather Knight, told officers she went to the store around 3:30 a.m. to get cigarettes and left Devon with her father at her home, Creamer said.

Creamer said that at that time, officers went to Devon’s father’s house in Gray Court and spoke with him. He said the child was not with his father.

Around 9 a.m., wanting to speak to him again, but unable to find him, officers sent information to the media asking for the public's help in finding Devon’s father, Randolph Burton.

Knight told officers that she and Burton had recently had a disagreement.

be9b681db4eab196df74f2f5096b49e3.jpg

http://www.wyff4.com/article/search-underway-for-missing-2-year-old-in-upstate-police-say/8645723

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow!
Safe.
I'm so happy but have to say I'm very surprised.

So glad that Devon was spotted by the kind person who called police and that he is now safe.
This could have turned out very badly.
I only wish he had a GoPro camera on him so we can see how it all happened.

Imagine looking up and seeing a little 2 year old having a stroll down the road. I would pee my pants.

I don't know what the temps were there this morning, but I'm further south than they are and it's only 43 degrees here right now. I have to guess it was below freezing in the wee hours. I'm feeling like this kid didn't stay outdoors all night. I wonder where he was.

Bless him! I would agree with FlossyMay. I don't think he was out all night. Sounds like LE doesn't think so, either. Hope they don't try to ask Devon what happened, though. I know a three year old who might or might not get the story straight. He might tell them his dad picked him up, but he might just as well say he went on a trip to the moon. Kids can't describe timeframes at that age very well. I'm not a child psychologist, so I don't know if they understand today, yesterday or last week, but I know from experience they use the words incorrectly.

Bless him! I would agree with FlossyMay. I don't think he was out all night. Sounds like LE doesn't think so, either. Hope they don't try to ask Devon what happened, though. I know a three year old who might or might not get the story straight. He might tell them his dad picked him up, but he might just as well say he went on a trip to the moon. Kids can't describe timeframes at that age very well. I'm not a child psychologist, so I don't know if they understand today, yesterday or last week, but I know from experience they use the words incorrectly.

That's why I wished Devon had had a GoPro camera on him.

I am sooo glad that cutie was found.

Mother charged with neglect.

BREAKING - Heather Knight, 25, is charged with unlawful neglect of a child.

http://wp.me/p5Mgen-1iwB

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

So in that link it says what I pasted below. Does that mean she isn't even being charged for this incident is and is only being charged for a different incident? Or is she being charged for TWO incidents?

[FONT=&quot]Knight has reportedly been charged with unlawful neglect of a child in another case prior to this one.[/FONT]

So in that link it says what I pasted below. Does that mean she isn't even being charged for this incident is and is only being charged for a different incident? Or is she being charged for TWO incidents?

[FONT="]Knight has reportedly been charged with unlawful neglect of a child in another case prior to this one.[/FONT]

I think she had a previous charge as well as one for this incident.

Police: Mother charged, father named person of interest in case of found Anderson toddler

Devon's father, Randolph Burton, has been identified as a person of interest and investigators said they need to talk to him. A background check on Burton revealed charges for fraudulent checks, petit larceny, assault and battery, possession of drug paraphernalia, drug possession, and resisting arrest.

http://www.fox10tv.com/story/34361806/urgent-police-searching-for-missing-2-year-old-in-anderson

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tinatrue
Back