GUILTY SC - Devon Epps, 7, murdered, Greenville, 12 Aug 2007

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I keep hoping to read there has been an arrest, hopefully they are busy getting all the evidence needed for an arrest. This poor boy, no one deserved this!

VB

No offense-but I take what is said at the greenville forum with a grain of salt. They also said over there-quite some time ago-that they had a reliable source that said there would be an arrest over that weekend and like I said-it was quite some time ago. It's all he said, she said.

If the LE discovered that the boy had been dead before he was placed in the car why would the mom not be in jail by now? with all of the forensics I would think that they would be able to tell that early on?? I am not an expert by any means so I could be very wrong

No offense-but I take what is said at the greenville forum with a grain of salt. They also said over there-quite some time ago-that they had a reliable source that said there would be an arrest over that weekend and like I said-it was quite some time ago. It's all he said, she said.

I know what you mean! Everynight I usually just look at the last page to see if an arrest has been made.

dkitty,
Me either. It's so frustrating coming here each day hoping to read about an arrest and there isn't one. What is LE waiting on? All forensics should be back.....this happened in early August. Wonder what the real hold up is?

I still look at the greenvilleonline site daily as well. The posters over there are also getting pretty frustrated, but the overall tone hasn't changed. They think ARS did it, and they think/hope she will be arrested. Personally, I think there is someone else involved who is either responsible for the actual death, or assisted in the coverup. LE is trying to get the facts and evidence in place so the other person can also be arrested. That is the only reason I can possibly think of to take this long for an arrest.

dkitty,
Me either. It's so frustrating coming here each day hoping to read about an arrest and there isn't one. What is LE waiting on? All forensics should be back.....this happened in early August. Wonder what the real hold up is?

I don't know...Have they given her a polograph? A car jacker wants a car, not a child ..I believe she killed him, took him there and started this big lie...
She will mess up, soon I hope!!
Another question, was an atospy (sp) done on the child? I can't remember..

A car jacker wants a car, not a child ..

dkitty,
I think your above sentence should be sent to all the local police departments. :clap: You made the smartest comment about this case that I've read in a long time. A car jacker wants a car, not a child. A child kidnapper wants a child, alive, not dead. I don't think a carjacker or a child kidnapper would leave the adult who could identify him, free.

Sure wish we knew if the mom took a polygraph.

The autopsy showed that he died of "neck compression", not smothering. Big difference. There have been rumors of her taking a polygraph, but at this point, they are only rumors, as far as I know.

Why hasn't this woman been arrested yet? LE should be dragging her in for more questioning and demanding to know why her statements don't add up to the evidence.

Shoot! They just arrested James for Erin Stanley's murder, and then I saw this thread pop up to the top and thought WHOO HOO they arrested the killer of Devon.... DRATS.

I don't know...Have they given her a polograph? A car jacker wants a car, not a child ..I believe she killed him, took him there and started this big lie...
She will mess up, soon I hope!!
Another question, was an atospy (sp) done on the child? I can't remember..
Greenville online posters, who are close to one or the other of the families have stated that she had two polygraphs. The first time, she "reportedly" kicked up a fuss about having to take one. They've stated the day she was to take the second polygraph she was in another county having a car wreck so it was taken the next week. It was "reportedly" to clear up things from the first one. Whatever that means.

They'd also reported that she's been in several times that they knew of, to be interviewed.

None of her actions/explanations from that night make any sense. I suspect that LE is dotting the i's etc before any arrest.

There is also some talk over at the greenvilleonline forum, and in the community where it happened, about the time of death not matching the story that was provided to LE. If this is true, then the question as to WHY LE has not made an arrest becomes even more significant. If the autopsy showed the time of death as being a few hours before the reported TOD, then ARS is toast.

There is also some talk over at the greenvilleonline forum, and in the community where it happened, about the time of death not matching the story that was provided to LE. If this is true, then the question as to WHY LE has not made an arrest becomes even more significant. If the autopsy showed the time of death as being a few hours before the reported TOD, then ARS is toast.
From what locals have said there are video cameras at the nearby businesses. If that rumour is true that he was killed prior to the time it was reported, LE would be investigating other places he could have been killed at.

Pat Brown did an entry on her website about Devon Epps.http://patbrownprofiling.blogspot.com/2007/09/criminal-profiling-topic-of-day-out-of.html

I've been checking the other forum, too, in hopes of finally seeing the words stating that she has been taken into custody. I think quite a few posters over there think that she has been posting on those boards, at times. Wouldn't shock me, if she did...

Whish she had gotten his name correct.... :doh: I at least appreciate the fact that she is telling the story. That is what we need....people to keep it alive. Who was it that once said, something to the effect of failure happens not because of the actions of people, but because of the inactions of people.
I noticed that the name was incorrect, but as you say, at least she wrote about the case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarrilinaCali
Back