SC SC - Diana Willmeth, 36, Gaston, 6 May 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I see that! It must not be up dated, People are more concerned about gambiling machines then finding missing people! (South Carolina) Truely SAD!

summerpalm said:
I see that! It must not be up dated, People are more concerned about gambiling machines then finding missing people! (South Carolina) Truely SAD!

The copywrite date was 2005 which was why I posted it anyway.

This is Diana's sister (and family). We appreciate all the discussion on my sister's disappearance. We have not heard any new information but still hope and pray for her return.

I was particularly interested in all the comments about a lack of coverage on Diana's disappearance. I can say that if my mother didn't contact the newspaper and tv stationss daily, we probably would have less coverage than we have.

As for flyers, my parents have at mostly their own cost (and with help from friends) put out over 1000 flyers. To our dismay, many stores refuse to put them up (claim company policy) and then others put is up for a couple of days and then takes it down (saying they thought she was found)

My sister has not been found. To our shock - many incorrectly connected Diana to the Jamie that disappeared the same day was was later found on a drug bing (sp?). My sister has never done drugs - she was taken from her home by force probably be some-one she tried to help (see latest reports) - We want her back

I find myself looking at every corner - at every store and even while driving - only hoping that I will see her again.

Please continue to look for her and the "person of interest" in the news, also if you would like a copy (s) of the flyer to put out, please contact me.

Lesley

So sad...prayers for Diana's friends and family. :( Another sad ending...they just never stop, do they? :furious:

Animal04216 said:
I was asked to post this link by someone in chat. Has photo of person of interest in this case.

http://www.wltx.com/news/news19.aspx?storyid=28752

Coroner Harry Harman says Willmeth had been fatally shot. Preliminary autopsy results suggest Willmeth's killing was sexually motivated, according to Lexington County Sheriff James Metts.

Meanwhile, deputies are asking for the public's help to find Samuel Preston Loftis, 60. Metts says Loftis is a "person of interest" in the killing of Willmeth because he is a wanted convicted sex offender who has ties to the Gaston community.

Loftis was required to wear a GPS electronic monitoring bracelet, however, he removed the bracelet on April 22 and left it in a ditch at the intersection of Meadowfield Road and S.C. 6 near Gaston, Metts said.

I am starting to see more and more of where they removed their monitoring bracelets. He removed the bracelet in April and then she went missing 2 wks later. So he must have hid out in that area somewhere at least for a while.

South Carolina investigators say a convicted sex offender found in Knoxville after several weeks on the run is cooperating, but they still have lots of questions for him concerning a woman who was shot to death.

Knoxville police arrested Samuel Loftis on Monday on a probation violation.

Investigators from Lexington County, South Carolina have since interviewed Loftis several times about the murder of Diana Willmeth.

Melissa Yarber helped police track the wanted man down.

Loftis had been dating Yarber's mother for about a month but was very secretive about his past.

The couple moved in together after about two weeks.

"I had this gut feeling that something wasn't right here," Yarber says.

The uneasy feeling prompted Yarber and her sister to do a Google search on the internet.

That's when they found out Loftis was wanted for questioning in Willmeth's murder.
http://www.wbir.com/news/news.aspx?storyid=27191

Another convicted sex offender :doh: . Diana's family should be very angry. We need to change the laws and put these animals away for life. I am very sorry how this turned out.

No one has been arrested in Diana's case? I wonder what happened with that pervert that they questioned? I hope someone is arrested and tried for the murder of Diana.

From May 2014:

http://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article13852439.html

Last seen leaving the Lucky Leprechaun bar in West Columbia nine years ago, Diana Willmeth's murder is still unsolved.

Police say the body of 36-year-old Diana Willmeth was discovered 10 weeks after her May 6, 2005, disappearance in a field less than two miles from her home off Jacques Haven Road in Gaston.

Police say Willmeth had been shot to death.

Lexington County woman’s killing still unsolved 12 years later

http://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article150376722.html

Diana Willmeth was last seen alive May 6, 2005. On July 7, 2005, two months after her mother and father, Marion, filed a missing persons report on Mother’s Day, the 36-year-old’s body was found in a wooded area of Gaston. She had been beaten and shot.

Twelve years later, there have been no arrests in connection with Diana Willmeth’s killing. Yet, Gerda Willmeth – who keeps an album containing pictures of her kids, which she calls her “security blanket” – finds some solace in at least knowing what happened to her daughter.

“Looking at the bigger picture, we found her,” said Gerda Willmeth, 72. “How many people are still missing?”

Diana Willmeth was last seen leaving the Lucky Leprechaun, a West Columbia bar, the night of May 6 for what her mother said was a job interview. A dog groomer who also took in stray animals, it was unusual for her to leave her more than 20 dogs with no food or water or to not ask a neighbor to feed them. She also took in strangers who had fallen on hard times or who needed help.

“She’d help people in exchange for (them) helping with the animals,” Gerda Willmeth said. “She’d give them a bed to spend the night in or some breakfast, or maybe a ride to work.”

At the time of Diana Willmeth’s killing, investigators believed their top suspect was a sex offender who shed his ankle bracelet near her home.

But they later learned he was in Tennessee at the time of her death, and his alibi held up.

“We’ve gotten sporadic leads. They’ve slowed down over the years,” said Sgt. Roy Mefford, one of the original Lexington County sheriff’s detectives assigned to the case. “We’ve looked at some different people over the years. We just haven’t had enough to build a case.”

Investigators are confident Diana Willmeth was abducted from her home.

Fliers with her daughter’s picture and information about the case are affixed to the windows of her truck that she drives around, and she keeps a stack of fliers to hand out to anyone who shows interest in the case. She contacts local media outlets each year as the anniversary of her daughter’s disappearance approaches.

“There’s absolutely nothing I can do except spread the word that the killer’s still out there,” she said. “I grew up with the idea that the day you were born and the day you die is set by God. She has no more pain, she has no more worries, she doesn’t have to worry about paying the bills. We still got a job to do.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat
Back