Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
6-year-old Faye Swetlik found dead after disappearing from front yard in Cayce, S.C.

By Kiana Miller |
Posted: Thu 10:59 AM, Feb 13, 2020 |
Updated: Thu 1:15 PM, Feb 13, 2020

Faye disappeared from the front yard of her Cayce, South Carolina home while she was playing outside after school Monday.

Her family reported her missing at 5 p.m., saying they had last seen her at 3:45 p.m.

Thursday, Faye’s body was found at the home of a man who lived in her neighborhood. A deceased male also was found, police said.

Officials said Faye's death is being treated as a homicide.

There is no danger to the community, police said.

Thursday morning, investigators were spotted going through trash cans set out in the neighborhood where she was last seen. Crews with the Lexington County and West Columbia fire departments are involved in that.
And it was possibly something in this guys trash that gave it away. Suicide note? Clothing...Or perhaps something finally caught on video, a last minute residence check....Oh God, that family, I hate that this world has become a place where our children can't run outside with friends, or alone anymore...its not fair. Everyone hold your kids tight, know where they are at all times, this is becoming scarier with each case we sleuth involving children. My heart breaks for her family...Fly high Faye....

Ugh, horrible. I feared this would be the outcome after the lack of anything concrete during the first 2 days. I wonder why the dogs didn't track her scent to the house they found her at? This reminds me of a similar case within the last few years of a girl riding her bike that was abducted by a neighbor down the street. He too killed the child when the police started to get close to catching him. So sad, I wish these people would just kill themselves and leave the alone to heal. FWIW there's about 8 sex offenders that live or work directly nearby. This could be someone not on the registry yet. I guess we'll find out. So sad. I have a 6 year old son and I only let them outside when me or my wife are out with them. Just way too much traffic through the neighborhood. RIP FMS and condolences to the family.
I keep seeing this reported, but the reality is there is only one w/ a juvenile conviction and he has an unlisted address AFAIK, but showing w/ in a 3 mile radius.

I’m confused. If she was found with a man in a house, why were they in the woods????
If that is true, was she still alive and he killed her today (recently) and then killed himself - which is why they are acting angry??? I still say these LEO did an outstanding job trying to save Faye.
Omg, it’s just so heartbreaking.

Maybe, if the article is correct, Faye was in the house, and the owner went out to the woods?
So many reasons for them to be angry - mostly just that Faye is gone. But she was also so close to home. Ugh.
This is an awful thing to say, but I hope she has been gone since shortly after she was taken. The idea of her being alone and scared and who knows what else for days in a house with her killer is too much.

They said it after the PC

Thanks for clarifying. I just heard that Faye was found in a neighbor’s house so I’m guessing the man was found there too. That kinda makes sense. LE said that they were going to houses and if no one answered the door they came back later and knocked again. Maybe this was the last house they hadn’t checked. Kept coming back but no one answered. Or a roommate or spouse came home just today and found this. Any way you sort it it’s so sad and a tragedy.

BREAKING: Latest in search for missing 6-year-old in Cayce, South Carolina

CAYCE, S.C. —

Faye Swetlik, the missing 6-year-old in Cayce, South Carolina, has been found dead, according to Chief Byron Snellgrove, of the Cayce Department of Public Safety.

Snellgrove said investigators are treating the case as a homicide.

A man was also been found dead in the Churchill Heights neighborhood where Faye was last seen, Snellgrove said. He said that investigation is just beginning.
To me it seems that Faye was found in the wooded area and the male found in his residence. Perhaps the male was still alive this am but realized LE was searching the NAPA store where he might have been employed, then he killed himself. JMO

Maybe, if the article is correct, Faye was in the house, and the owner went out to the woods?
So many reasons for them to be angry - mostly just that Faye is gone. But she was also so close to home. Ugh.
This is an awful thing to say, but I hope she has been gone since shortly after she was taken. The idea of her being alone and scared and who knows what else for days in a house with her killer is too much.
It’d be nice to get clarity, at or in the house.....

They haven't said she was found in a house with a man. All they've said is she's been found and that a deceased male was also found in the neighborhood.
The article said they were both found in the deceased male's home. I hope it's not just inaccurate reporting because in a case like this it's pretty important to get the facts right! Jmo

ABC 2;
84988787_2755580851193296_1162928877190774784_n.jpg

If LE were searching all the homes in the development I wonder why she wasn't found at that time. Or was it a different neighborhood?
They probably didn't have a search warrant for every home. Just a thought and I am no expert. Terrible. Has anyone every heard of a gene study of male pedofiles? There has to be something there. These guys cannot be cured. I am going to research that. If not someone needs to get on that. Would be interesting. What you do with the data I am not sure tho. Could lead to an interesting movie - male baby born, has pedofile gene makeup - what do you do.

I will continue to pray for the family, they will need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove