Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. (So much for my earlier pedantic post - imagine embarrassed emoji here that won’t seem to load.) I’m amazed they searched his home earlier. I wonder how many homes they searched, and how it was done. Meaning did they just ask to look around and permission was given? Surely that wasn’t the only home they searched “earlier this week”.
You have nothing to be embarrassed about. Antley said they were "in the home" which isn't the same as saying, "they searched his home." Now we know. :) MOO

Last edited:
It is times like these that I can say I SURE DON'T ENVY THE MODS ON HERE. How many times do they have to post a reminder to NOT sleuth CT and post about it on here? CT has NOT been named as a suspect and until LE says he is we can't just "think" he is.

Happy Valentine's Day to the owner and staff of WS's!

wow. Been following the news all week. So very sad.

Just wanted to make a few observations...keep in mind when police blocked off the neighborhood, they also blocked people IN. I'm sure you could drive out if you wanted, but not with a body in your car. So that lil peanut was dumped in her neighborhood cuz the perp couldn't get her out of there...which is just as well I suppose. At least the family will have her back soon.

Also...the male person lived in a townhouse not an apartment and my understanding is he had a roommate who found him. That townhouse has a back patio that overlooks where FMS was found so he could have walked out there at 3 am or whenever in the dark if he wanted. Many of us here know a grown woman can fit in a "tote" so a lil child can fit in a duffle bag or whatever. I'm sure that townhouse has a view of that area and could see the lil peanut out there...and could see her being found as well.

And, don't be mean to her mom for letting her play outside. The "front yard" of that place is super teensy and 10 feet from the front door at most. And the back yard of the home across the street back ups to the street the male person lives on. It is separated by a broken fence. There is no reason why a child cannot play within 10 feet of her own front door. If she lived in the house across the street and had been playing in the backyard with a fence, she would have been gone even sooner....the yard backs to the male person's street and has a broken fence btw.
For all we know she was out there just fine until 15 seconds before mom checked on her.

I think the police did a great job...it just didn't turn out the way we all wish it had. It should never have happened at all, but it did.
God Bless lil Faye and prayers for her family.

JMHO....I wouldn't be surprised if they found some of her clothes in that garbage bin, maybe with blood with something of his also in that garbage bin, and they went around the back of the townhouse with that address...walked straight out from the woods and there she was. I'm sure there would be a view of all of that going down from a window in that townhouse...just sayin'.
But who knows...we'll have to wait and see.

FEB 14, 2020
The deceased man linked to death of 6-year-old Cayce girl was a Bluffton High graduate
[...]

After high school, Taylor enrolled at USCB in the fall and transferred to USC in Columbia the next year, USC spokesperson Jeff Stensland said in an email Friday.

He withdrew from USC in the spring of 2009, and there are no records of Taylor graduating from there, Stensland said.

Taylor later worked as a manager of a local Jimmy John’s restaurant until 2015, corporate officials from the company’s human resources office in Raleigh confirmed Friday. ...

[...]

Taylor lived on Sugaree Drive in the Windy Lake neighborhood of Bluffton and was an honors student at Bluffton High School, according to a records search and 2007 reports in The Island Packet.

In February 2007, he was part of the Bluffton High robotics team that finished second in an Orangeburg state competition with a robot named “Fear the Evil of Computer Love.”

[...]

During his senior year, Taylor was a member of the Model United Nations team and participated in Georgia Southern University’s 36th annual Model United Nation’s competition, the Packet reported in 2007.

Taylor graduated in the top 10 percent of his class, according to a Hilton Head Island-Bluffton Chamber of Commerce advertisement in The Island Packet congratulating him and other students from high schools on Hilton Head and in Bluffton.

In the press conference it is said , they are not looking for a poi , so the way I understand it is that their mission is complete , except for getting more info on the deceased male. That tells us all what I believe we need to know. It just seems to get worse everyday !!
That precious child it seems like was alive for at least 3 days after she was last seen. HOW HORRIBLE FOR THAT BABY, to even think of what she went through. And her family will NEVER be the same again, EVER!!
Press conference in article below.
Authorities identify deceased male found in connection with Faye Swetlik homicide

Keep coming back to how the police found evidence that immediately led them back to the woods to find Faye. I don't assume it led them to the specific PART of the woods, but just to the wooded area in general. That's not a huge wooded area, so they found her quickly. I'm thinking if the killer threw away items of Faye's, he might also have thrown away a shovel or anything else he wouldn't want police to find in his abode. Maybe the perp's shoes covered in mud and debris? Whatever it was, they immediately thought Faye was in the woods. The police specifically mentioned Faye's items because that's what proves the link, but that doesn't mean this is all they found. I'll be curious to see what comes out.

The area is sandy, but I think there is grey marl and/or red clay under the sand, possibly shale in some areas. If you look at the streets and parking areas, you will see a mostly flat area that is sandy. Many plants are budding and blooming now, and most of the trees in the woods are pines. There aren't many trees in the neighborhood.

Sorry, but I don't think child sexual predators murder because they think of the trauma their victims might re-live after the assult. If they were capable of that level of empathy there would be no assault or murder. They are basically the most depraved, sadistic criminals that walk the planet.

Sorry, but these types of crimes are about power more than sexual deviance. Their sense of power has been diminished by past trauma, ability to conform to societal norms like holding down a job, relationship, etc. They seek to control their victims to gain their power back, in a sense.

Some enjoy the act, yes, and those are often the types of perpetrators that hold their victims for a prolonged period of time so as to be able to continue the act for as long as possible.

But most agree that in a case of child abduction that results in murder, that the victim is killed shortly after the abduction which would suggest that "once their acts are completed, they tend to end the victim’s suffering quickly and then dispose of the body to prevent detection."

Now the question is, did this guy have any other victims? No question if this was the first time, he would have offended time and time again. I guess we can be thankful that he won't have a chance to hurt anyone else' child.

Praying for Faye, and all those that loved her.
http://maamodt.asp.radford.edu/Research - Forensic/2005 20-1-Mitchell-40-47.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members