Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think often LE codifies these heinous crimes a homicide. Since, seeing a rash of suicides with mass shootings; I think we miss a lot when we don't analyze these cases for probably a suicide and the person feels they have nothing to lose. Clearly, this murderer knew the probability of getting caught in a city the size of Cayce. It seems many make up their minds on suicide with committing murder also a goal.

Cayce is a suburb of Columbia though, part of Cayce is in Richland County. Columbia is huge and like any big city has crime to match. It's not a stretch to think someone in Cayce could commit a crime and think they could get away with it because of the population density. Especially if 1) they weren't an RSO but knew some lived nearby and 2) didn't expect a police lockdown.

Sorry, I haven't finished reading all the posts but just wanted to say this. In 1992 my uncle killed my aunt by ligature strangulation. Later that day, he killed himself by slicing his neck with a kitchen knife at or near the carotid artery. Lots of hesitation wounds were found on his wrists and neck indicating he was gathering courage.
We found evidence (receipt) that he did own a rifle but he didn't use it. It wasn't found in their house so he must have disposed of it.
Also, no suicide note was left.

I'm so sorry for your loss and your family's loss. However I thank you for this very beneficial insight.

For those of you debating DNA, and I can't believe no one has said this yet unless I missed it, with her being asphyxiated she probably fought. There would be his DNA under her nails. That would explain, to me, why at the Friday pc when asked about DNA Antley started to say no but then realized he shouldn't and instead said something about not being able to divulge that at the time. Because they wouldn't have known until the autopsy when the ME who did it scraped her nails.

I believe this shows that he had a car repossessed in July of 2019?? (Not 100% sure on that) It also looks like at this time that his address was not listed as his current address so he had lived there for less than a year.

Can search his name here: https://publicindex.sccourts.org/Richland/PublicIndex/disclaimer.aspx

Another record from 2013 DOES say that he received a citation for no license plate on a MOPED. Don’t know if that’s what he was currently driving or not?

View attachment 233065

I don't believe the July 2019 action involved repossession of his vehicle.

The action was brought by City Garage and Body Shop as the Plaintiff and CT was the defendant. The Lienholder was not a plaintiff and name appeared for the courtesy notice pursuant to the state statute linked below.

This matter was likely one of two things:

CT was either involved in an accident and his vehicle was towed by City Garage to their facility. He could have settled with the insurance and vehicle classified as totaled and claim paid. If the towing company is not going to get paid to repair and/or do the bodywork, they will start the storage clock at a ridiculous rate, and by day 10 they can lien the vehicle. If the owner doesn't claim vehicle and pay the storage fee within 30 days, the vehicle is considered abandoned and can be sold at public auction.

The second scenario is if CT's vehicle was towed by City Garage for a parking violation-- that's usually about $190 on the spot before the storage fees start accruing. The same law applies that after 30 days the vehicle is not collected by the owner it's deemed abandoned and may be sold at public auction.

In this case, the Judgement amount in favor of the plaintiff is $-0- so City Garage did not receive any money from CT but probably sold the vehicle for enough to satisfy the charges they allegedly incurred.

If it was a matter of an accident it would be easier to abandon the vehicle than claim it, pay the garage it's storage fees, and still have to deal with disposing of the junk vehicle.

You are correct that the vehicle abandoned at City Garage was registered to a different address in W. Columbia that's about 2.5 -3 miles from his last Picadilly Square address.

The traffic violations were all insignificant -- no metal license on the Moped cost him $30. Except for being an evil baby killer, the guy was pretty vanilla.

MOO

ETA: Add SC Statute - towing, storage procedures, disposition of vehicles

2012 South Carolina Code of Laws :: Title 56 - Motor Vehicles :: Chapter 5 - UNIFORM ACT REGULATING TRAFFIC ON HIGHWAYS :: Section 56-5-5635 - Law enforcement towing and storage procedures; notification of registered owner; disposition of vehicle and personal property.

Last edited:
I am finally all caught up. I listened to the press conference and read all the comments. They did a great job using all the resources to try to find her. I can't imagine what her parents are going through.
When I heard about the soup ladle, no one has mentioned on here what I initially thought that it was used for during a sexual assault. I don't think it was used to for digging. I think she was in his residence until he brought her out back on Thursday morning. I think he watched the police find her body which is why he was outside when he killed himself. I also think that she was raped and murdered inside his home and tried to dispose of the boot and soup ladle when he knew it was safe to throw things in the garbage as it was trash pick up and they already looked the previous day.

I am finally all caught up. I listened to the press conference and read all the comments. They did a great job using all the resources to try to find her. I can't imagine what her parents are going through.
When I heard about the soup ladle, no one has mentioned on here what I initially thought that it was used for during a sexual assault. I don't think it was used to for digging. I think she was in his residence until he brought her out back on Thursday morning. I think he watched the police find her body which is why he was outside when he killed himself. I also think that she was raped and murdered inside his home and tried to dispose of the boot and soup ladle when he knew it was safe to throw things in the garbage as it was trash pick up and they already looked the previous day.
He said the soup ladle was full of fresh dirt, which indicates digging. Coupled with the boot that led Chief Snellgrove to believe she was behind the houses and why he found her so quickly after the trash discovery.

Considering that someone (I’m guessing CT’s roommate..speculating) reported a man bleeding on the back porch right after this evidence was found in the trash, I think it’s safe to say that CT saw them going through his trash and decided to take himself out instead of facing jail for life.

Hypothetically, if LE never found the evidence in the trash.. but still found Faye in the woods, I’m guessing because CT had no prior record, military background, or anything else that would have made it so his DNA was in the system, the DNA on Faye wouldn’t have brought them to CT directly. I could only hope if that would have been the case, LE would have ended up going back to him soon enough because of his suspicious behavior caught on camera, the location of his home (being in such close proximity to the wooded area), and the fact that the DNA would have shown it belonged to a white male. Does anyone else have thoughts on how that could have went down? I know that it’s probably silly to even bring up, because we don’t have to worry about that being a possible scenario, but my mind is wondering about so many things given that it’s not every day a crime like this is committed by someone with absolutely no record (well, at least no record that we know of). ALL JMO!

Something about this story does NOT sit right.

A very smart person does not abduct a spirited 6 y.o. 150 yards from his home
in broad daylight, kill her within hrs, then allow police inside his residence without so much as a shaky presence. Then throw a pink boot along with a dirt covered ladle haphazardly in his trash.

Then slit his throat. I'm not buying it.
The abduction and murder were compulsions. As for the sloppy disposal of the boot and ladle, he'd been up all night waiting for the right moment then exhausted himself digging a grave with a ladle. Probably had very little sleep all week. A very smart person can do some very dumb things after they've been awake for 48 hours or so, believe me.

Is there MSM to substantiate that CT was in fact the poster on reddit and the other umbrastone(?) user ID

I think WS posters are ahead of MSM on this one!

Here you go:

Coty Taylor twitter is @Umbrastone
Coty Taylor (@Umbrastone) | Twitter

Coty Taylor youtube is user Umbrastone
coty taylor

Coty Instagram
Coty (@umbrastone) • Instagram photos and videos

The video uploaded to his youtube is a screen recording of him playing League of Legends. From the video, we know his in-game name is ‘IMainSinged.’

'IMainSinged' is the name that is consistent with his gamer stuff.

As for Reddit, I think he needed an alternative because his gamer name not available.

Coty Taylor’s Reddit account is ‘IMainSingedwastaken.’

And last one...

On this website, umbrastone | User Profile page at ResellerRatings , CT leaves a review for a website that sells computer parts. In the review, he recommends the subreddits r/buildapc and r/buildapcsales. His reddit account has posts in both of these subreddits.

Considering that someone (I’m guessing CT’s roommate..speculating) reported a man bleeding on the back porch right after this evidence was found in the trash, I think it’s safe to say that CT saw them going through his trash and decided to take himself out instead of facing jail for life.

Hypothetically, if LE never found the evidence in the trash.. but still found Faye in the woods, I’m guessing because CT had no prior record, military background, or anything else that would have made it so his DNA was in the system, the DNA on Faye wouldn’t have brought them to CT directly. I could only hope if that would have been the case, LE would have ended up going back to him soon enough because of his suspicious behavior caught on camera, the location of his home (being in such close proximity to the wooded area), and the fact that the DNA would have shown it belonged to a white male. Does anyone else have thoughts on how that could have went down? I know that it’s probably silly to even bring up, because we don’t have to worry about that being a possible scenario, but my mind is wondering about so many things given that it’s not every day a crime like this is committed by someone with absolutely no record (well, at least no record that we know of). ALL JMO!

Without the evidence in the trash bin and with the DNA on Faye, perhaps they would have asked everyone in the neighborhood to submit DNA (if they were not already in a DNA database).
I'm just guessing here, I don't know if they can do that at this time.

The Chief said the ladle was covered in dirt. That's what led him back to the field.

Who tries to dig a grave with a soup ladle?

Bryon Snellgrove who located Faye's body in the woods never said that Faye was buried.

He said they located a boot and a soup ladle with fresh dirt in CT's garbage bin. When asked about the ladle, he said it was a hunch.

I think it's more likely that CT loosened debris in the woods using the ladle to disguise maybe a bag or other evidence that he could get rid of quickly.

It doesn't follow that CT dug a grave using a soup ladle with LE swarming the Churchill Heights neighborhood and not be detected..... :eek:

MOO

Last edited:
Without the evidence in the trash bin and with the DNA on Faye, perhaps they would have asked everyone in the neighborhood to submit DNA (if they were not already in a DNA database).
I'm just guessing here, I don't know if they can do that at this time.

That's how Colin Pitchfork got caught (but he tried to avoid it by persuading someone else to do the dna test for him).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
northsearch