Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just went back and listened to the whole press conference Friday and I jacked up the sound so I could hear the questions better and as it turns out they don't say where in relation to his place the body is located. Ansley is asked how close CTs house is to Faye's house and he replys "100-150 feet" which we know thanks to Google maps isn't accurate. Maybe he misunderstood and did give us the distance from his house to her body but that's not what was asked so we can't know for sure.

Either way there's a big difference between 100-150 feet and 100-150 yards.

Press conference:
Yes. I've been looking for an MSM video where the place where Faye's body was found and cannot find that. It was right out the back door of 602 Picadilly Square, not far inside the tree line.
CT apartment being 150 yards away from where FS body located is attributed to Sgt Antley and police by local [Columbia SC] news outlets including 13WLOS and The State.

There are also some later videos and news reports (since my initial post) citing CT's apartment 150 yards from FS residence so there is a conflict that hopefully will be cleared up at next presser.

MOO
Yes, I think there is some confusion about places and distances in all of this, but the NAPA store itself is only 300 ft or 100 yds front to back. I've never heard Sgt. Antley say yards, but he did say Faye's house and CT's apartment were only about 150 ft apart. Measuring on Google maps a straight line from one home to the other is 300 ft. It doesn't really matter right now, but we will see.

The final moments: An aerial map shows the close proximity between Faye's home, the home of <modsnip> Coty Scott Taylor and the wooded area where the little girl's body was found

24758574-8004725-image-a-33_1581718841794.jpg

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/sc-faye-marie-swetlik-6-cayce-10-feb-2020-4.504415/page-25#post-15825747

Last edited by a moderator:
Drew Aunkst WIS‏ @NewsDrewWIS [VIDEO]
Crime scene tape covers the wooded area near the Churchill Heights neighborhood, this after the bodies of Faye Swetlik and an unidentified male were found. @wis10
11:42 AM - 13 Feb 2020

I believe this tweet is the first video clip of the wooded area behind Napa Auto Parts (taken from Napa parking lot before police closed the lot to traffic and reporters).

Investigators link death of 30-year-old neighbor to homicide of 6-year-old Faye Swetlik

Also, good video and maps at the WISTV link above (Breaking News video beginning at about the 51 min mark of 1.o1: 58 news segment).

On the Google map, if you measure straight from CT's apt at 602 Picadilly Square through the woods to the NAPA building, it is about 154 ft. If you measure the woods from Picadilly Drive, the road coming into the neighborhood, to the opposite end, that is about 500 ft. Also, Faye's address was 16 Londonderry Square. I am not insisting I am right, but respectfully disagreeing. I think Faye was not a football field away, but near to CT's back door.

I found an article that talks a little bit more specifically about where Faye's body was found. I do remember people doing a lot of speculation about the NAPA Auto Parts store and that's why I remembered them saying her body was found in the woods between her home and the NAPA store.

Police: Neighbor found dead linked to Faye Swetlik's death

I think this is bad reporting. I believe it's supposed to be there is video footage of Faye getting off the bus but not footage of her actually reaching her home. It was previously reported that Faye was met at the school bus by her mother.
Exactly! And I seem to recall that she gave her a snack before she went out to play.

I think this is bad reporting. I believe it's supposed to be there is video footage of Faye getting off the bus but not footage of her actually reaching her home. It was previously reported that Faye was met at the school bus by her mother.

Figures! Thank you! That leaves a very tiny window - 15 minutes-ish - in which she vanished.

So Faye went outside to play at 3:44. What time did her mom notice her missing, if anyone knows?

February 14, 2020 at 10:36 AM EST - Updated February 15 at 9:50 AM

Thanks @Irmese for this latest link which was updated a day later and a perfect example of earlier posts (including my own) citing body was 150 yards from deceased male's apartment but now some news are reporting the apartment was 150 yards from Faye's residence. I hope a reporter will clarify at next presser.

Start listening about 9:20. He says 150 feet, not yards. At about 39 minutes, the reporter is saying CT's apartment is a couple of hundred feet away, not yards. I doubt CT drove the 150 yards to Faye's house by the street as your map shows. It looks like it would be easy for him to walk past all of the Picadilly Square apartments and enter Londonderry Square next to the woods. There are a couple of other alternate paths he could have taken on foot. There looks like a path behind Faye's house and the one next door, so maybe a commonly used area where kids walk and won't be in the street. But all of that is conjecture.
Investigators link death of 30-year-old neighbor to homicide of 6-year-old Faye Swetlik

There looks like a path behind Faye's house and the one next door, so maybe a commonly used area where kids walk and won't be in the street

I thought I saw a path, I bet a lot of kids did play back there, as well as adults walking dogs. Moo
Idk if we will ever know where Faye went missing from unless video footage is available. I think LE said they got a lot of RING info.
A six year old can move fast, if Faye was near the front porch at 3:45, by 3:46 she was likely in a different area. Moo.
this link mentions helpful surveillance footage
Search for missing 6-year-old Faye Swetlik still active, S.C. officials push back against rumors

Start listening about 9:20. He says 150 feet, not yards. At about 39 minutes, the reporter is saying CT's apartment is a couple of hundred feet away, not yards. I doubt CT drove the 150 yards to Faye's house by the street as your map shows. It looks like it would be easy for him to walk past all of the Picadilly Square apartments and enter Londonderry Square next to the woods. There are a couple of other alternate paths he could have taken on foot. There looks like a path behind Faye's house and the one next door, so maybe a commonly used area where kids walk and won't be in the street. But all of that is conjecture.
Specifically he is asked: "How far is his house to her house?" He responds: "100 to 150 feet."

In her 911 call at 5 pm, she explains to dispatch.

Mom also states that anybody that answered their doors when she was canvassing the neighborhood are also outside looking for Faye.

Right, so she started looking at 4ish? Per @UnderstandBlue post re: 911 call at 5ish Selena last saw Faye “about an hour ago.”
If so, by time LE get to the scene & organize appx two hours elapsed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmeyer