GUILTY SC - Five Jones children, ages 1-8, Lexington County, 28 Aug 2014 *Father Arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.wbtw.com/story/26508632/sc-dss-got-3-reports-on-jones-children-before-murders

The South Carolina Department of Social Services has released its file on Timothy Ray Jones, Jr. and his family. It shows DSS received complaints about the family on three separate occasions and that the agency had extensive involvement with the family before all five children were killed...

The agency first started looking into the family in September 2011, after a neighbor notified DSS that the children were not attending school, were always dirty, and there were concerns about the home because the yard was always dirty with piles of trash in it... The caseworker reported that the home was cluttered and dirty, but Mrs. Jones said she and her husband were in the process of renovating it. Mrs. Jones was pregnant at the time...

DSS ruled the case to be “founded for neglect, presenting a substantial risk of physical injury” to the children, mainly because of the tools that were accessible to the children, an open air vent that a child stepped in, and a broken auto headlight with sharp shards of plastic within the children's reach.

Um, wow. Sounds like a lot of that was dad's mess, not mom's.

After reading that, I believe those children should never have been with dad .. The system failed those kids and mom .. IMO

Southsleuth,

I'm here in Irmo, SC and was just as horrified when this broke. How this could have gone on for a week without even us locals knowing about it? Not even a BOLO?

Aren't Amber Alerts designed to solicit the public's help? If children are missing they are MISSING!! It doesn't matter which parent/relative they're with. If said parent, custodial or not, can't be contacted to produce or verify the well-being of their children, an Amber Alert should be issued!

I was so pizzed yesterday I had to leave this thread or I probably would have been put in time-out for 3 years. I'm still highly pizzed today, and the constant coverage makes it even worse. Where was the coverage when it may have done some good?

Dear. God.

Those poor babies.

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/sto...plaints-filed-father-accused-murder/15442939/

A worker with the state's child welfare agency worried the father of five slain Lexington County children was "overwhelmed," less than a month before authorities say he confessed to killing them, according to case files released by the agency.

Altogether, the state Department of Social Services received three complaints about the treatment of the children of Timothy Ray Jones Jr., dating back to 2011...

At one point a case worker advised the mother of the children, who eventually separated from Jones, that she contact Sistercare over concerns of domestic violence, according to the files. The mother also was advised to leave the home but said, according to the files, she did not want to do so.

After reading that, I believe those children should never have been with dad .. The system failed those kids and mom .. IMO

After reading the DSS reports it seems that neither parent was doing what was necessary, back to 2011. Poor children. Living with neglect for most of their lives it seems.

Okay. So I just read the DSS reports. I am beyond disgusted. Granted, I am not a social worker/case worker. However, I do have the common sense God gave me and I don't think I could have left those children in that home with a good conscience for most of those visits! I don't know what the minimum standards are that have to be met in order to leave the children in the home, but evidently the bar is set pretty d*mn low! Just WOW!

5 children, if there was a place you could leave the kids--like an orphanage, anything would be better than nothing.

5 children, if there was a place you could leave the kids--like an orphanage, anything would be better than nothing.

At least in some states, you can call DCF/DCYF whatever the agency is called in the state on yourself. I know someone who did it.

I don't think that would have saved these kids. The more I read, the more he reminds me of Brad Bishop, who also drove for hundreds of miles with his family's bodies in his car.

I have been a member here since 2005, like many longtime WSers I swear we have seen the worst of the worst...but apparently not. :( And even worse I smell an insanity defense being cooked up for little Timmy. :( I will never, ever feel sorry for someone that did something in a drug induced haze, the decision to start using was theirs. IMO addiction can be beaten, the term "illness" in relation to addiction is way overused as an excuse. I have personally seen addicts pull themselves up from the depths of hell. And being overwhelmed with the responsibilities of being a single parent is no excuse either.

http://www.wjhl.com/story/26506173/tim-jones-jr-back-in-lexington-county

Tim Jones, Jr., the man accused by Lexington County investigators of brutally murdering his five children, has returned to South Carolina to face his charges.

Jones, Jr. will be booked and have his first appearance at the Lexington County Detention Center to hear his five murder charges. If Jones gets in front a judge this afternoon for his first appearance, he will not have to immediately enter a plea for those counts...

The Department of Corrections says following his appearance, Jones will be placed in a maximum security facility. They aren't saying which one.

Now we learn Little Timmy has already served time in prison. He has been a hollow shell for a long time...just wish he'd given someone else the chance to love and care for those beautiful children.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/09/11/6110955/records-dad-accused-in-killings.html?rh=1

The children seemed happy and well-adjusted despite occasional spankings, and the family took a summer trip to Disney World and the beach, according to documents released by the Department of Social Services on Thursday...

In October 2011, Jones confronted a case worker who demanded he clean up the clothes and blankets scattered on the floor, boxes of food on top of the counter with tools scattered around them where the children could be hurt and an open air vent, where a kid could step and break a leg. The argument got so heated the case worker called deputies, and Jones calmed down when they arrived...

Jones' wife talked about being lonely and what a mistake the couple thought they made moving from Mississippi, where Jones' family lived.

Wth! How did this man have those kids? I've been without data or wifi all day but want to give it a good read when I get home grrrrr

I hear you. Rushing out of a meeting and finding this. Holy @%$%% ---and his parents actually had the NERVE to go on national TV to sing his praises. I am not impressed. I am more like angry cat right now.

I hear you. Rushing out of a meeting and finding this. Holy @%$%% ---and his parents actually had the NERVE to go on national TV to sing his praises. I am not impressed. I am more like angry cat right now.

When he has cocaine on him, and burglarizes... he just "made a mistake". When he murders his children and dumps them in a field in Alabama, "He's a really good dad."

I have the feeling his parents are the enabling type.

When he has cocaine on him, and burglarizes... he just "made a mistake". When he murders his children and dumps them in a field in Alabama, "He's a really good dad."

I have the feeling his parents are the enabling type.

Yup, you got that right. Beyond denial.

Southsleuth,

I'm here in Irmo, SC and was just as horrified when this broke. How this could have gone on for a week without even us locals knowing about it? Not even a BOLO?

Aren't Amber Alerts designed to solicit the public's help? If children are missing they are MISSING!! It doesn't matter which parent/relative they're with. If said parent, custodial or not, can't be contacted to produce or verify the well-being of their children, an Amber Alert should be issued!

I was so pizzed yesterday I had to leave this thread or I probably would have been put in time-out for 3 years. I'm still highly pizzed today, and the constant coverage makes it even worse. Where was the coverage when it may have done some good?

Dear. God.

Those poor babies.

I have a feeling that Mom was beaten down by this , maybe not fists ( who knows what will come up next?) but pure fear. I can't jump on the bandwagon to condemn her right now. If he is capable of killing those precious babies, no telling what else he did.

AP: SC dad accused in 5 deaths was ex-con
http://fox10tv.com/2014/09/11/ap-sc-dad-accused-in-5-deaths-was-ex-con/

"For the crime spree and cocaine possession, he received concurrent six-year terms, and had a year tacked on for another stolen vehicle charge."

"Jones was imprisoned at Big Muddy Correctional Center on April 18, 2002, and was released on Jan. 15, 2003, according to Illinois Department of Corrections records."

RSBM

When the "thanks" button isn't enough.
Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way ; could not bring myself to listen to what Tim jr.'s father had to say , after hearing excerpts about it on news sites.
If I were his dad, no way in heck could I get up and say that. Not sure I'd be able to face anyone , and might be thinking about killing myself.
But I would neither support nor excuse any family member, friend, or whomever --- if they brutally slaughtered innocent children !!!!!! :furious:

:moo:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayc
Back