GUILTY SC - Five Jones children, ages 1-8, Lexington County, 28 Aug 2014 *Father Arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
thank you for all your work, Y/N View attachment 188806

tenor.gif

Prosecutor speaking now:

Jacob Reynolds‏Verified account @JRFromTheSouth 39m39 minutes ago
Solicitor Hubbard speaking with media now @WLTX

D898y4ZXkAUILoh.jpg

Caroline Hecker‏Verified account @CHecker_WIS 39m39 minutes ago
Sheriff Jay Koon with LCSD thanks Solicitor Rick Hubbard and all of the agencies who helped bring justice to the children. @wis10
D899NW3XkAMBGZ5.jpg

Caroline Hecker‏Verified account @CHecker_WIS 31m31 minutes ago
Solicitor Hubbard says for the rest of his life, he’ll always remember Nahtahn. Plain and simple. @wis10

Last edited:
Courtney King‏ @CourtReportKing 11m11 minutes ago
The judge has closed the record meaning the Timothy Jones murder trial is officially over. @wachfox

Courtney King‏ @CourtReportKing 4m4 minutes ago
Solicitor Rick Hubbard is giving a statement right now #TimothyJones @wachfox

Courtney King‏ @CourtReportKing 2m2 minutes ago
"These five little babies finally got justice," Solicitor Hubbard says. Authorities from Lexington County and Mississippi (where Timothy Jones was caught) are standing at the podium with the solicitor. @wachfox

Courtney King‏ @CourtReportKing 48s49 seconds ago
"Mercy was shown to the kids but justice was done in this case," the Solicitor wraps up. Lexington County Sheriff Kay Koon is speaking now, thanking everyone for their efforts. #TimothyJones @wachfox

Caroline Hecker‏Verified account @CHecker_WIS 6m6 minutes ago
“In all of my years, I haven’t seen anything like this,” Hubbard days of the Timothy Jones Jr. case. @wis10

Last edited:
I am torn with the sentence. I think he is mentally impaired. LWOP would have made more sense to me here. Funny, I did not think so until he got the Death Penalty. I probably will not live long enough to see it carried out. There was a lot of blame to go around.

I'm not a death penalty fan, but I am 1000% in favor of this jury's verdict and sentence.

I believe he has some mental illness or personality disorders.

I DO NOT believe it prevented him from knowing right from wrong.

This man systematically killed, STRANGLED his 5 kids.

2 old enough to beg for their lives, 2 too young to talk.

He planned to destroy their bodies.
Then them in garbage bags to rot.

He blames their mother for the murders.
He killed his own children to punish their mother.

That isn't mentally impaired, its evil.

JMO

I'm not a death penalty fan, but I am 1000% in favor of this jury's verdict and sentence.

I believe he has some mental illness or personality disorders.

I DO NOT believe it prevented him from knowing right from wrong.

This man systematically killed, STRANGLED his 5 kids.

2 old enough to beg for their lives, 2 too young to talk.

He planned to destroy their bodies.
Then them in garbage bags to rot.

He blames their mother for the murders.
He killed his own children to punish their mother.

That isn't mentally impaired, its evil.

JMO

Totally agree. A huge percentage of people deal with some level of mental illness. We don't kill people. Mentally ill does NOT equal strangling and murdering your babies. That man is just evil and has been a vindictive SOB for a long time. He just took it to the ultimate. And he deserves to suffer for it.

Recap on Timothy Jones trial from first day testimony to death penalty sentence

Jun 13, 2019

"COLUMBIA, S.C. (WOLO) — Today’s sentence for Timothy Jones Jr. is the culmination of a story that began in September 2014 when Jones’ ex-wife, Amber Kyzer reported her five children missing....

Fast forward to April 2019, when the case against Jones was put before a jury. The defense pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity, but prosecutors contended he was nothing more than a murderer.

For 15 days jurors heard from dozens of witnesses both Jones and the circumstances that lead up to the children’s deaths.

On June 4, that jury found Timothy Jones Jr. guilty of murder and a little more than a week later, he was sentenced to death.

Timeline:..."

Recap on Timothy Jones trial from first day testimony to death penalty sentence - ABC Columbia

What a pity the DP cannot be carried out sooner than about 30+ years. He'll most likely die before it's carried out.
Unbelievably ignorant, those family members who wanted mercy for him.
What is wrong with them ?
Where was the mercy for the children ?

Some final thoughts.
1) I thought the defense’s final argument to the jury...begging them to not inflict anymore pain on the Jones family...was silly. ALL of their pain, now and in the future is caused by the action of Jr. This verdict was never about them.
2) The defense calling multiple experts to repeat the same things over and over was counterproductive as evidenced by the jury taking less than two hours to deliberate.
3) Very disappointed that the defense perpetuated the lie that that Amber had an affair with a schoolboy(he was 24 not 17) and that she never saw or spoke to her children. This gave credence to Jr’s warped ideas that it was Amber’s fault and she didn’t love or want the children. Amber herself set that story straight. Shame on them.
4) Disappointed also that the defense hired all these experts and when they didn’t get the result they wanted, they just buried it or they picked and chose what to ask about. Thank goodness the prosecution was sharp to remedy these. I guess i’m old fashioned. I think even the defense should be searching for the truth. You can represent your client without these tactics.
There are other things but this I will never understand:
5) Nahtahn’s teachers notice bruises around his throat. He tells them his father grabbed him by the throat and threw him up against the wall. He tells other school officials. DSS is called. He tells them the same thing. They ask Merah about it. She tells the same story. DSS talks with Jr. DSS and says they have LE officers present “in case they are needed” or the children are to be taken out of the home. Jr tells them, yea, he got mad but he actually “just” grabbed Nahtahn up by the collar. And that is that. DSS chose to believe Jr. Poof all is well now. Disregard Nahtahn’s story. Sign this piece of paper Mr Jones, pinkie swear you won’t do it again. Nahtahn ...you’re on your own. This saddens and shocks me every time I think about it. DSS is not to blame for their murders, but they are to blame for not believing that child and not investigating further and not protecting him and sending him back to his father’s wrath, to be the whipping boy. Shame on them too.

Courtney King‏ @CourtReportKing 3h3 hours ago
BREAKING: Defense attorneys for Timothy Jones tell me they will be filing the appeal next. Jones was sentenced to death yesterday in the 2014 murders of his five children @wachfox

Courtney King‏ @CourtReportKing 17h17 hours ago
Merah,8, Gabe, 2, Nahtahn, 6, Abigail, 1, and Eli, 7 all pictured here shortly before dying at the hands of their father, Timothy Jones, in 2014. Don’t forget them and when you think of them, think of them this way, not the way they died.

D8_AD6XXYAAP3oc.jpg

Timothy Jones, Jr. sentenced to death. So, what comes next? (with clip)

June 13th 2019

"...According to officials, Jones was taken to the Kirkland Correctional facility Thursday.

This prison is where all the state’s death row inmates are housed. Jones will remain at the prison under mandatory suicide watch for the next three days.

Officials say Jones underwent a mental health evaluation Thursday night and more screenings will happen Friday....

Judge Eugene Griffith set an execution date for November 30 for Jones. However, his defense team indicated they plan to file an appeal in the case which would delay the execution."

Timothy Jones, Jr. sentenced to death. So, what comes next?

Solicitor11thCircuit‏ @Solicitor_11th 18h18 hours ago
Elias Jones, age 7, was described by his 1st grade teacher at @SaxeGothaEle as "everybody's friend." He cared for his classmates and included everyone in recess & school activities. We are grateful to the jury for delivering justice for Eli.

D8-prsHXsAArQGr.jpg

Merah Jones, age 8, wrote in her @SaxeGothaEle mission statement that she wanted to be a "fantastic daughter and a helpful sister." She dreamed of becoming a nurse. She loved caring for her younger siblings. We are grateful to the jury for delivering justice for Merah.

D8-to8jWkAEiAOr.jpg

Nahtahn Jones, age 6, was a playful and exuberant child who loved Woody from the movie Toy Story. His K5 teachers at @SaxeGothaEle remember his smile and that he excelled in computer lab. We are grateful to the jury for delivering justice for Nahtahn.

D8-o8yhXYAAoVdl.jpg

Solicitor11thCircuit‏ @Solicitor_11th 19h19 hours ago
Gabriel Jones, age 2, was a happy toddler who loved trying to emulate his older siblings in everything they did. His babysitter, Joy Lorick, recalled that he loved playing with his siblings and was learning to talk. We are grateful to the jury for delivering justice for Gabriel.

D8-m4uRXUAA7_I1.jpg

Solicitor11thCircuit‏ @Solicitor_11th 19h19 hours ago
Abigail "Elaine" Jones, age 1, was a happy baby who was adored by her siblings. Her babysitter, Joy Lorick, recalled that her brothers & sisters loved caring for her and called her their "baby." We are grateful to the jury for delivering justice for Abigail.

D8-lG8qXoAAOjQp.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bslnlaw
Back