GUILTY SC - Gabrielle Swainson, 15, Columbia, 18 Aug 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Freddie Grant's wife, who died at 48:

Ollie Grant
ELGIN — Services for Ollie M. Rotan Grant are 11 a.m. Friday at Fort Clark Baptist Church; burial in Cooper Chapel Cemetery. Bostick-Tompkins Funeral Home, Columbia, is in charge. Born in Kershaw to Lindsay Rotan and Mable Rotan Boyd, she died July 13, 2004. Surviving: husband, Freddie Grant; daughter, * Sutton; stepdaughter, * Grant; mother; 2 grandchildren; siblings.

I removed the first names of the children.

From "The State" July 16, 2004

The ones I posted said 56, but I definitely don't consider those sights that reliable.

Suspect’s arrest record
The arrest record of Freddie Grant reaches back almost 25 years in Florida and South Carolina. Listed below are charges; it’s unclear how they were resolved or whether he spent time in jail.
1988-1992 – Grant is arrested on multiple charges in Homestead and Miami, Fla., including: possession of cocaine with intent to sell or distribute, aggravated assault with a weapon, battery of a spouse and illegally carrying a concealed weapon.

1991-2008 – Grant is arrested on a number of charges in Richland and Kershaw counties, including: possession with intent to distribute crack cocaine, shoplifting and making false insurance claims.

April 2011 – Grant is charged with criminal domestic violence against Adrianna Diana Laster, 28, of Homestead, Fla., by the Elgin Police Department. An officer at the scene saw a cut lip, bruises, welts and a long cut on her leg, which she said came from being dragged. She also said Grant poured fuel on her.

Sept. 3, 2011 – Laster is seen for last time in Elgin; her family tells police in March 2012 she is missing.

Aug. 18, 2012 – Gabrielle Swainson is reported missing by her mother.

Tuesday – Grant is arrested in Swainson’s disappearance. Lott says Grant also is being questioned in Laster’s disappearance.

Mindy Lucas

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/2012/08/29/...th-kidnapping.html#.UD4yOlZlRee#storylink=cpy

I didn't notice this before

Suspect’s arrest record
The arrest record of Freddie Grant reaches back almost 25 years in Florida and South Carolina. Listed below are charges; it’s unclear how they were resolved or whether he spent time in jail.
1988-1992 – Grant is arrested on multiple charges in Homestead and Miami, Fla., including: possession of cocaine with intent to sell or distribute, aggravated assault with a weapon, battery of a spouse and illegally carrying a concealed weapon.

1991-2008 – Grant is arrested on a number of charges in Richland and Kershaw counties, including: possession with intent to distribute crack cocaine, shoplifting and making false insurance claims.

April 2011 – Grant is charged with criminal domestic violence against Adrianna Diana Laster, 28, of Homestead, Fla., by the Elgin Police Department. An officer at the scene saw a cut lip, bruises, welts and a long cut on her leg, which she said came from being dragged. She also said Grant poured fuel on her.

Sept. 3, 2011 – Laster is seen for last time in Elgin; her family tells police in March 2012 she is missing.

Tuesday – Grant is arrested in Swainson’s disappearance. Lott says Grant also is being questioned in Laster’s disappearance.

Mindy Lucas

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/2012/08/29/...th-kidnapping.html#.UD4yOlZlRee#storylink=cpy

This doesn't bode well for Gabbiee. :(

The ones I posted said 56, but I definitely don't consider those sights that reliable.

I'll bet that site calculates current age by birth year, and 56 would be accurate if she were still alive.

I'm wondering if it was Grant who suggested to mom that she go into work in the wee hours of the morning so she would have her weekend free .

Grant was put forth as a sort of odd job/handy man. I hope LE is focusing on figuring out what other homes/businesses/properties he may have access to in this role. Gabbiee will likely be found at one of those locations.

Such a bright future for this lovely girl. I pray she is still alive, somehow, against all odds. I guess it would depend on this perp's reason/motivation for taking her. Aive would probably mean a sexual reason or a financial/sexual one which is horrific but at least in that circumstance Gabbiee would be a commodity and have some minimal value.

If it were just a sick monster bent on torture or murder then she is surely dead. :(

Its terrible either way and I pray for her mother at this time.

If he was working for the mom & doing odd jobs, Grant may have had a key to the house. JMOO

Suspect’s arrest record

Mindy Lucas

BBM: This gave me chills. I wonder what the cause of the fire in his "burned out house" was.

I was just thinking...I remember it being said at the beginning of the thread that Gabbiee had her first date earlier that day or possibly the night before. I wonder if that was a trigger for him! It might help some in finding her if we know what his mindset is, what triggers him, etc...just thinking out loud guys.

don't these sights announce deceased if that is the case with the person being looked up?

Good question - checked this out by looking up my grandpa who passed away about 5 years ago. He's still listed, and is listed as being 84, when in fact he died at 79.

I wonder if this perp had accosted... Tried to accost Gabbiee's previously?

Or maybe made suggestive remarks?

Just thoughts...

O/T... My iPad put pergola when I tried to type perp! Jeesh!

Good question - checked this out by looking up my grandpa who passed away about 5 years ago. He's still listed, and is listed as being 84, when in fact he died at 79.

wow...

seems there would,be some kind of record keeping system to fix that!

this,can,be very confusing/frustrating/upsetting to people searching and/or to family members!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back