GUILTY SC - Gabrielle Swainson, 15, Columbia, 18 Aug 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think LE was onto the suspect from the start, not leaving him any chance to go and feed or take care of Gabbiee...if he had kept her alive and intended to do so. Now it has been two weeks...

I think LE was onto the suspect from the start, not leaving him any chance to go and feed or take care of Gabbiee...if he had kept her alive and intended to do so. Now it has been two weeks...

Seriously? This guy is a serial killer. I'm sure Gabbiee was dead within 2 hours of her abduction. Although she was alive when she left her house that morning, she was already dead. He never had ANY intentions of EVER letting her go. And when LE finds her, they will probably find Adriana Laster nearby. Perhaps even a few others.

edited to ad: I'd also like to know more about the death of his wife in 2004. Betcha he was somehow involved -

http://www.wistv.com/story/19429663/sheriff-leon-lott-gabbiees-blood-found-in-her-bedroom

COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) - Investigators say blood belonging to missing 15-year-old Gabbiee Swainson was found in her bedroom.

During a Friday afternoon news conference Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott told reporters that in addition to finding the blood in her room they also found her DNA on a piece duct tape. That tape was located in a junk yard near Freddie Grant's home.

I just arrived back from lunch recently so I do not know when this presser was. Does anyone know if it is available on video anywhere so I can catch up??

The sheriff added that investigators are working to identify anyone who may have employed Freddie Grant. Lott said Grant may have worked as a landscaper or handy-man and has driven trucks in and around the Midlands.

"Those he worked for may have valuable information on Grant's behaviors, habits, tendencies or places he frequented," said Lott.

http://www.wistv.com/story/19429663/sheriff-leon-lott-gabbiees-blood-found-in-her-bedroom

Yep, his associates and "employers" hold the key to Gabbiee's location. I said it a week ago and I still believe it with all my heart.

COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) - Investigators say blood belonging to missing 15-year-old Gabbiee Swainson was found in her bedroom.

During a Friday afternoon news conference Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott told reporters that in addition to finding the blood in her room they also found her DNA on a piece duct tape. That tape was located in a junk yard near Freddie Grant's home.

Poor Gabbiee... did she even leave the house alive?

yeah, I had heard about the duct tape but thought they found it in Grant's home, not near it.

This was the first I had heard about blood IN Gabbiee's room/home. I wondered why they were being so cryptic about why they were so convinced she was taken against her will as opposed to lured. I guess now we know.

I have to say tho, mom on JVM days after Gabbiee's disappearance did a stellar job.

Think about it. When she and her PI were interviewed, they knew a LOT more about evidence LE had and about LE suspicion of Grant. They held their cards very close to their vests and that must have been so difficult. They were no doubt cautioned about giving out any information about the state of Gabbiee's room, the blood, the family friend being under serious suspicion, all of it. It is very apparent in hindsight that these two ladies knew all of this at the time they were giving interviews and yet they did not divulge, so as not to hurt LE's case and the investigation.

I find myself refreshing WIS every few minutes or so when I'm at home, and every few hours at work. I wish someone would just go shoot him because it's clear he's not going to talk.

And I agree, Leon Lott is awesome. I always vote for him.

I find myself refreshing WIS every few minutes or so when I'm at home, and every few hours at work. I wish someone would just go shoot him because it's clear he's not going to talk.

And I agree, Leon Lott is awesome. I always vote for him.

I'm not local, but I can't tell you how impressed I am with Leon Lott. I realized he was something special when he put up his own reward money for Gabbiee. I think we've all seen cases where LE has to be "convinced" to investigate the disappearance of a teenager as an abduction instead of a runaway, despite possible evidence at the scene. The sheriff obviously has excellent intuition. He seems professional and compassionate. I am confident he is going to find this special young lady.

A reward now is being offered for information in the case of missing Richland County teen Gabrielle Swainson.
Community members have donated $6,000 for information leading investigators to Swainson or to the arrest of anyone involved in her disappearance.
Of the $6,000, $2,500 is from an anonymous donor, and $2,500 was donated by Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott personally. Another $1,000 comes from CrimeStoppers.

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/2012/08/24/...se-of-missing.html#.UEEaR6RbVq4#storylink=cpy
http://www.thestate.com/2012/08/24/2411482/reward-offered-in-case-of-missing.html

Well, if there was blood in her bedroom, then LE had better investigate as an abduction right away...who knows if they would have, otherwise.

I'm not local, but I can't tell you how impressed I am with Leon Lott. I realized he was something special when he put up his own reward money for Gabbiee. I think we've all seen cases where LE has to be "convinced" to investigate the disappearance of a teenager as an abduction instead of a runaway, despite possible evidence at the scene. The sheriff obviously has excellent intuition. He seems professional and compassionate. I am confident he is going to find this special young lady.

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/2012/08/24/...se-of-missing.html#.UEEaR6RbVq4#storylink=cpy
http://www.thestate.com/2012/08/24/2411482/reward-offered-in-case-of-missing.html

Sheriff Lott is a good sheriff. He's been with us for a long time. He started out as a deputy. He's not squeaky clean but what elected official is anymore? LOL! He's sharp as a tack overall and I'd trust him to do a good job with any investigation I needed. He does, however, LOVE the camera & spotlight:) We have a really strong sheriff's department (both locally and actually across the state). I've seen way worse & really can't complain about how our peeps conduct themselves.

Well, if there was blood in her bedroom, then LE had better investigate as an abduction right away...who knows if they would have, otherwise.

I feel confident with the background of Freddie Grant, it would have been handled as such immediately even if blood hadn't been found in her bedroom. It was handled swiftly, professionally and compassionately. Can't ask for any more than that.

I'm really proud that other people from other states see how good Lott is. :) With so much BAD news coming from the state, it's a real pleasure to hear praise. Thank you! :)

LE had a felon as a POI, plus blood at the scene...they had darned well better treat her disappearance seriously from the start...that is all I am saying. Not saying LE did not do a good job so far, but come on, this was a no-brainer (much as I hate that phrase) from the beginning.

I'm really proud that other people from other states see how good Lott is. :) With so much BAD news coming from the state, it's a real pleasure to hear praise. Thank you! :)

The City of Mobile and the Baldwin County Sheriff's Office could learn a lot from this man. You are very lucky to have him.

:rocker:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SammyC37
Back