GUILTY SC - Gabrielle Swainson, 15, Columbia, 18 Aug 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder if LE did not quite know the relationship between Mom and suspect at first...and thought it was more employee-employer. Seems to have been much more, especially if he was sleeping on a couch in the house at some point, can't recall when that was said to have happened-the next day or two after she disappeared? I think LE was trying not to put Mom in a negative light, as best they could...

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...ch-for-missing-cheerleader.html#storylink=cpy
"Tara Swainson said that was the first time that Elvia Swainson had left her daughter alone in the house that early in the morning. “She and Gabbiee stayed up really late, watching movies, riding out a thunderstorm that night.” Gabrielle was sleeping in her second-story bedroom when her mother left, Tara Swainson said. “The one time she decides to go to the office in the wee hours of the morning, this tragic thing happens,” Tara Swainson said. The mother went into the office to catch up on some back work she was worried about, she said.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1208/22/ijvm.01.html
SWAINSON: Yes. My normal work hours is 8 to 5 p.m., 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. I -- sometimes we have projects that we have to get completed by a certain date.
On this particular time I did have a project that I had to get completed by Wednesday. I thought about it. Sometimes its not just me but other co-workers. Sometimes we go in the office a little early just to get things caught up. And that was what my plan was Saturday morning, was to get up, go ahead and get the project completed so that I could enjoy the rest of the weekend with my daughter. So this is actually -- I work for an insurance company.

SWAINSON: Well, I do have a close friend that was helping me with some remodeling in my house. That`s about...

VELEZ-MITCHELL: A male?

SWAINSON: I don`t have a -- yes.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Is this a male? OK, this -- you had a male who was helping around the house. Explain that. And Chandra, if you`d like to take it, go ahead.

CLEVELAND-JENNINGS: Yes, I would like to. Yes, it was just a friend that was helping her with some odds and ends of repairing a floor that had water damage. And they became friends, and that`s about it, that we know and have the information on him.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Have police interviewed him?

CLEVELAND-JENNINGS: Yes, they have, but we can`t share that information with you from their interview.

http://www.wltx.com/news/article/199418/2/Freddie-Grant-Arrested-in-Kidnapping-of-Gabbiee-Swainson
"She loved Gabbiee, she spent time with Gabbiee, she surrounded her whole life around Gabbiee," Lott said. "It was one of the reasons she was out at work. This was not abnormal for her to go out to work and do what she did. At that time of the morning, that allowed her to spend more time with Gabbiee."

http://www.wistv.com/story/19423809/gabbiees-father-appeals-for-his-daughters-return
Thompson's sister, Zoraida Turnipseed, said she met Grant two days after Gabbiee was gone. "I never knew a yard man," she said. "He was never introduced to me as a yard man. When I got there before 7 a.m. Monday morning Freddie Grant was there." "He was lying in the office on a day bed," said Turnipseed.
She asked Grant if he knew where Gabbiee could be. "Freddie Grant looked me in my face and said, 'We think she's with a 19 year old boy that had an interest in her,'" said Turnipseed.

http://irmo.patch.com/articles/sheriff-to-update-on-missing-girl
According to Lott, Freddie Grant, 52, was cutting the grass at the home of Gabbiee, a 15-year-old Ridge View High School student, on the morning she went missing. Cell phone records led deputies to Grant's Elgin home, where they found her DNA and blood on a piece of duct tape. Grant was the boyfriend of Swainson's mother, according to an arrest warrant, but Sheriff Lott wouldn't elaborate on Grant's connection to the family other than saying he was an acquaintance who did some yard work for them.

http://springvalley.patch.com/artic...-swainson-s-mom-lived-together#photo-11153631
Cynthia Grant said her brother and Elvia Swainson, Gabbiee's mom, have been dating for some time. She said Grant has been living with the Swainson's for the past year.

http://www.thestate.com/2012/08/30/2419053/lott-suspects-holds-the-key-to.html#storylink=cpy
The man accused of kidnapping missing teen Gabrielle Swainson put his cellphone number on a missing person’s flier and walked the streets with the teen’s family in the early search, Sheriff Leon Lott said.

There are plenty of other conflicting reports to be found..these are just a few. But from what I've seen so far this story has more holes than a block of swiss cheese. We can't even get a straight answer on what type of work FG was doing or the day he was doing it on. Was it the day BEFORE or the day OF? Was it for water damage or was he cutting the grass? Did ES go to the office often at 3am or was this her first time? Were the two living together or not?? SHESH!

RAW INTERVIEW: Elvia Swainson mother of missing SC teen Gabbiee Swainson - YouTube
In this interview, she makes no mention of leaving to go to work, waking Gabbiee to give her her cell phone before she left, or returning from work to find her alarm clock going off. These facts were ESSENTIAL. She said she "checked on Gabbiee about 3 and then noticed she was gone around 7. On JVM she said she took her phone every nite at 8:30 for time management purposes. Here she states the last txts that she has record of on Gabbiee's phone were from 11:30 that evening. Yet, they were supposedly watching a movie together at that time? So did she take her phone or not? Here she makes no mention of going into work. NONE. I just don't like this situation at all. And the description of the PJ's aren't even close to the PJ's LE released a photo of.

<modsnip>

Oh boy.... this case is terrible on a lot of levels. Where are you Gabbie? My heart just breaks.

RAW INTERVIEW: Elvia Swainson mother of missing SC teen Gabbiee Swainson - YouTube
In this interview, she makes no mention of leaving to go to work, waking Gabbiee to give her her cell phone before she left, or returning from work to find her alarm clock going off. These facts were ESSENTIAL. She said she "checked on Gabbiee about 3 and then noticed she was gone around 7. On JVM she said she took her phone every nite at 8:30 for time management purposes. Here she states the last txts that she has record of on Gabbiee's phone were from 11:30 that evening. Yet, they were supposedly watching a movie together at that time? So did she take her phone or not? Here she makes no mention of going into work. NONE. I just don't like this situation at all. And the description of the PJ's aren't even close to the PJ's LE released a photo of.

I just can't think of one valid reason why the mother of a missing child would downplay a relationship she was having with a man in the midst of her only child's disappearance. Not ONE.

Because law enforcement told her to? That would be my best guess.

I've seen many cases where the parents of a missing child state that they can not comment on a person of interest because LE told them not to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My guess is that Gabbiee's mom wanted to make sure that all possible attention was focused on finding her daughter, and not on the fact that she may have had a relationship with the main suspect...something like that can derail opinions and even the best-intended people might not react quite as sympathetically if they hear that part first thing. The problem is, the truth almost always comes out and then it looks bad for her mom anyway.

Reading here but I don't have much to contribute. Where are you, Gabbiee?

Are there any active searches for Gabiee, or are authorities just hoping that Grant will reveal her location?

Are there any active searches for Gabiee, or are authorities just hoping that Grant will reveal her location?

Looks like there was one this past Saturday, and some this upcoming week.

Organizer Patsy Thompson was just out with the family searching Saturday.

"The wooded areas, railroad tracks, up here in Pontiac, the landscaping, that's where he got his supplies, went there and looked," said Thompson.

The search for Gabbiee Swainson will move forward, into the coming week.

Snipped: http://www.wistv.com/story/19439983/community-gathers-to-pray-for-missing-teen

I remember reading that there was a relatively short period of time that Grant was unaccounted for on the morning that Gabbie went missing. Do we have any idea of the timeline? LE has stated that the cell phone pings provide a timeline for when Gabbie was taken from her home, and when she arrived at Grant's home. I wish they would release at least some of the timeline information they have. That would help the public to think about where he could have gone - was it 10 minutes? 50 minutes? That kind of information makes a big difference.

I remember reading that there was a relatively short period of time that Grant was unaccounted for on the morning that Gabbie went missing. Do we have any idea of the timeline? LE has stated that the cell phone pings provide a timeline for when Gabbie was taken from her home, and when she arrived at Grant's home. I wish they would release at least some of the timeline information they have. That would help the public to think about where he could have gone - was it 10 minutes? 50 minutes? That kind of information makes a big difference.

Hmmm... I was thinking I read there was/were one or two days when he was not accounted for, but maybe I am wrong.

I think this is about the best we will get on the timeline...

"Because Grant worked as a landscaper and handyman, investigators want people who may have hired him for odd jobs to call. For example, Grant was known to drive around delivering pine straw in his pickup, and investigators want to know where he went to rake and collect the straw. Lott has said that Gabrielle cannot be far away because Grant only would have had a few hours between the time she disappeared and when he arrived to help her mother with the search."
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/09/02/3498147/how-the-gabrielle-swainson-investigation.html

I think this is about the best we will get on the timeline...

"Because Grant worked as a landscaper and handyman, investigators want people who may have hired him for odd jobs to call. For example, Grant was known to drive around delivering pine straw in his pickup, and investigators want to know where he went to rake and collect the straw. Lott has said that Gabrielle cannot be far away because Grant only would have had a few hours between the time she disappeared and when he arrived to help her mother with the search."
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/09/02/3498147/how-the-gabrielle-swainson-investigation.html

Thank you Paige SC!!! A few hours is a long time for Grant to have 'been off the grid' so to speak. That raises another question I have. LE has stated that they tracked Gabbie's cell phone from her home (so they know when she was abducted), to Grant's home (so they know when she arrived there). Why have they not been able to find that phone? Did Grant take the battery out? What happened to 'end' the trail and leads that Gabbie's phone gave LE?
:waitasec:

http://www.wistv.com/story/19439983/community-gathers-to-pray-for-missing-teen

The search for Gabbiee Swainson will move forward, into the coming week. Intensive searches done last week at Freddie Grant's Elgin home and the nearby junkyard where duct tape containing Gabbiee's blood and hair were found may no longer be the focus.

http://www.wistv.com/story/19444986/family-uses-holiday-to-search-for-missing-teen
"About 70 of us went out looking for Gabbiee," said Patsy Thompson. They searched an area [snipped] where Freddie Grant bought his lumber supplies in Pontiac.

moderator note: this thread will be closed for a bit for review.

attention please:

Websleuths is a victim and family friendly forum. This includes Gabrielle's mother. Until and unless law enforcement says otherwise you can only discuss what is in the mainstream media but sleuthing, speculation, and bashing of the mother is not allowed. Thanks so much. This thread will reopen in a bit to give everyone a chance to read this.

Ok I have a Q?

Wasnt it said Mom would take her phone from her at 8pm...
and it was reported there was a text or a call at 11 30?

I know i read it here somewhere? Today!

Now was that the last call or was there another after 3 am?

I posted a link to the JVM transcript as well as a link to her local interview a page or two back on this thread. The transcript states she took the phone around 8-8:30 for time management purposes. Her local interview states she received information from Verizon showing text activity until about 11:30 pm. There was no mention of her taking the phone the previous evening (in that interview), IIRC.

As for tracking, they were able to track it to FG's residence from her mother calling her that morning. But the trail ends there so I imagine it was cut off / destroyed shortly thereafter. That's all the information LE has released so far regarding her phone.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mysxoxo
Back