GUILTY SC - Gabrielle Swainson, 15, Columbia, 18 Aug 2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He is also possibly connected with the murder of a man in his 30's IIRC.

I wonder how he chooses (chose) his victims?

Maybe drugs or alcohol he seems to be an angry abuser that beats up ppl.
and id think drugs would do it.

I think when he murdered that guy they were both on cocaine! the dead guy was an addict.

Maybe he got drunk or high went to moms house thinking she would be there and when he found she wasnt he decided to the daughter was there for the taking!

This man has no respect for human life!

I still can't help being surprised that Mom would have ever been attracted to this man, or that she wouldn't have checked him out before allowing him to live in the home with her daughter, as she seems to have been very protective of Gabbiee.

I still can't help being surprised that Mom would have ever been attracted to this man, or that she wouldn't have checked him out before allowing him to live in the home with her daughter, as she seems to have been very protective of Gabbiee.

Well i dont think there is anything wrong with his looks!
Its his inner workings!
and she had known him in 2007 he was just off the radar to MANY not just her!

Well i dont think there is anything wrong with his looks!
Its his inner workings!
and she had known him in 2007 he was just off the radar to MANY not just her!

I do not want to bag mum......I think this lady has been an excellent mum and boy I really feel sorry for the pain and guilt she will have to live with.......

But when it comes to men and looovveee sometimes women have those rose coloured glasses on. My best friend became a widow 2 years ago after being married for 26 years.....recently she started going out with a guy addicted to ice, totally out of character for her......she has a cattle property and this guy is a smooth talking handsome cowboy type.....she spent so much money on him....he is a druggo and a huge drinker........she said you had to know the "real" him and he regularly went to church.. None of us could beleive it.......thank god her 4 brothers got rid of him.

Mum had to know this guy was at least a druggo from going out with him in 2007 and the domestic violence charges from sep 2011????? if the missing ex was reported missing in March 2012, wouldnt she have known about this as well if she was dating him.???

I did read somewhere that he did come across as a gentleman and was a regular churchgoer. I think the rose coloured glasses were on here and maybe the church going fooled her.

Either way I really do feel for this woman, that girl was her life and she had obviously done a wonderful job.........heartbreaking.

I guess it just surprises me (that Mom did not learn about his criminal history) as many people check out babysitters, bus drivers, etc...people who have any contact with their kids. And to allow someone to live in the home without doing some checking, I guess that just boggles my mind. I do not mean to blame Mom, I just hope other women with kids will do some research before allowing men to move in. Too often, tragedy results.

I guess it just surprises me (that Mom did not learn about his criminal history) as many people check out babysitters, bus drivers, etc...people who have any contact with their kids. And to allow someone to live in the home without doing some checking, I guess that just boggles my mind. I do not mean to blame Mom, I just hope other women with kids will do some research before allowing men to move in. Too often, tragedy results.

I think she had to know it seemd everyone else did.
I think maybe she thought he CHANGED!

She may not have known anything about Adrianna, the missing ex. It looks like she wasn't given much media exposure as a missing persons..

As for mom not knowing about the type of guy Grant is.. For now, I think I'll give her the benefit of doubt. I came to WS in May to follow the Mickey Shunick case and I quickly got hooked. I read tons of threads here daily and I'm just baffled that SO MANY PEOPLE are missing or murdered. I would never consider myself naive but I still read things here that shock me daily. I know the world is full of evil. I have young children and if it wouldn't psychologically and socially damage them, I would be temped to build a bunker for us to all live in, protected from the evil. Since that's not possible, I have been making changes to be more aware, more safe. Because of this case, if I were to find myself a single mom in the future, I will be doing some background checks on whoever comes around my children. It honestly never occurred to me before, so I can understand and sympathize with Gabbiee's mom about her not doing it on Grant. I am sure she is feeling the guilt and blame enough but it's important to remember that the blame lies squarely with Grant. He made the choice to abduct Gabbiee. He may have made the same choice even if she were a complete stranger to him...

She may not have known anything about Adrianna, the missing ex. It looks like she wasn't given much media exposure as a missing persons..

As for mom not knowing about the type of guy Grant is.. For now, I think I'll give her the benefit of doubt. I came to WS in May to follow the Mickey Shunick case and I quickly got hooked. I read tons of threads here daily and I'm just baffled that SO MANY PEOPLE are missing or murdered. I would never consider myself naive but I still read things here that shock me daily. I know the world is full of evil. I have young children and if it wouldn't psychologically and socially damage them, I would be temped to build a bunker for us to all live in, protected from the evil. Since that's not possible, I have been making changes to be more aware, more safe. Because of this case, if I were to find myself a single mom in the future, I will be doing some background checks on whoever comes around my children. It honestly never occurred to me before,
so I can understand and sympathize with Gabbiee's mom about her not doing it on Grant. I am sure she is feeling the guilt and blame enough but it's important to remember that the blame lies squarely with Grant. He made the choice to abduct Gabbiee. He may have made the same choice even if she were a complete stranger to him...

I agree totally!!!!!!! (Brittney Wood case got me hooked to WS). But anyway, I agree!! I even asked on this thread a while back how to even do a background check on someone!! I would have no idea where to start!! I bet if I need to in the near future, I'll be figuring out really quick!!!
And I want to add... And this is MOO!!! I wonder if maybe mom was embarrassed about getting involved with such a that she tried to hide it initially. Now I don't think that slowed down LE at all, seems to me they were on him rather quickly. It's MOO that she may have tried to keep her relationship quiet for fear of being judged. Maybe she was feeling overwhelmed with guilt that she brought this into her house and wanted to hide it from the public... As long as LE was already on him. Hope that makes sense and remember it's MOO.

I agree totally!!!!!!! (Brittney Wood case got me hooked to WS). But anyway, I agree!! I even asked on this thread a while back how to even do a background check on someone!! I would have no idea where to start!! I bet if I need to in the near future, I'll be figuring out really quick!!!
And I want to add... And this is MOO!!! I wonder if maybe mom was embarrassed about getting involved with such a that she tried to hide it initially. Now I don't think that slowed down LE at all, seems to me they were on him rather quickly. It's MOO that she may have tried to keep her relationship quiet for fear of being judged. Maybe she was feeling overwhelmed with guilt that she brought this into her house and wanted to hide it from the public... As long as LE was already on him. Hope that makes sense and remember it's MOO.

I think this is probably what happened.
It is just funny, though, that people are often so careful about workmen coming in, giving out their address, etc...but then "love" comes into it, and for some reason, not as careful.

He was living with them? OMG I thought he lived in a shed or something. I wondered if Mom knew he lived in a shed before she started dating him, if he ever took her to his place?? I'm not sure if it was called a 'shed' but ykwim. :what:

He was living with them? OMG I thought he lived in a shed or something. I wondered if Mom knew he lived in a shed before she started dating him, if he ever took her to his place?? I'm not sure if it was called a 'shed' but ykwim. :what:

One article said he lived with them for a while, then was asked to move out, or moved out, but still came around.

yesterday in the presser, Le said he had his own home (there are pictures of that home in this thread upstream) in the living room of it.

He further said he had lived with them at one time but not currently.

He also said that he lied to Gabbie's mom about a key he had; He was doing floor work and had a key to do work when they were not home. He told the mother he lost the key. Yesterday LE said they found a key to the house on a key ring hanging on a nail in his house.

LE was on to him pretty quickly, IIRC. I believe when they wanted to question him- as on standard questions that LE does in all MP cases- he immediately told the police he was not talking to them without a lawyer. That sent up a major red flag.

LE has made it pretty clear that, while mom did not initially inform press that she and Grant had dated in the past and were currently dating, she was completely honest and forthcoming with LE from the get go. That is why they were onto this so quickly. That coupled with his presence at the home on Friday afternoon, just hours before Gabbiee went missing, made him someone to be interviewed. A potential witness. When he lawyered up and refused to even speak to LE, they knew right off they were dealing not with a witness, but their main suspect. I am sure as soon as his rap sheet came up they knew.

The key was discovered by investigators as they searched Freddie Grant’s Elgin home, Lott said. The key was one of several on a lanyard that was hanging in the room where Grant slept. Grant’s house on Kelly Street had burned several years ago and he primarily lived in one room there, the sheriff said.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...iff-kidnapping-suspect-had.html#storylink=cpy

WHY HAS MOM NOT GONE TO THAT JAIL AND CONFRONTED HIM???????????? If my child were out there unfound, I would at least give it a shot. What does she have to lose?

WHY HAS MOM NOT GONE TO THAT JAIL AND CONFRONTED HIM???????????? If my child were out there unfound, I would at least give it a shot. What does she have to lose?

She can go and request a visit. He isn't required to comply. He can deny a visit from anyone he wants to (and I am sure he will).

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Puddy
Back