SC-Heather Baynard, 14 disabled, parents & adult sibling charged with murder 11 April 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

tlcya

mother daughter sister wife friend paralegal
Reaction score
AUGUST 11, 2022, 5:01 PM ET
Family Crimes

Relatives told NBC Greenville affiliate WYFF that Heather lived with cerebral palsy. Photographs obtained by the outlet indicate Heather’s condition was severe.

Following the minor’s death, investigators went to the family’s Camp Ferry Road address in Gaffney - about 100 miles north of Columbia in the upstate region of South Carolina. There, Cherokee County Sheriff Steve Mueller said they found “the worse case of neglect that we have ever seen in this county.”

“The home in which [Heather] lived was in deplorable conditions, specifically filled with garbage, infested with roaches, and covered in animal urine and feces, including the crib in which [she] lived,”
according to warrants released by SLED.

All three suspects were accused of failing to take Heather to medical appointments, despite “protests” by her physicians. Heather’s last doctor’s appointment occurred in the fall of 2021, officials stated.

Many of the appointments were “canceled” or “rescheduled.”

An arrest warrant accused Heather’s older brother of failing to save her.

“Edward Baynard was employed as both a Respite Nurse and a Certified Personal Care Assistant and failed to render any aid to [Heater],” according to his warrant.
Three Relatives Charged In Death Of Teen Girl With Cerebral Palsy Allegedly Subjected To ‘Deplorable Conditions’ | Oxygen Official Site

The South Carolina Law Enforcement Division and the Cherokee County Sheriff’s Office investigated Heather’s home, which the sheriff described as “deplorable.” He said the house was filled with feces, urine, flies, maggots and roaches.
[snip]
Dozens of animals were taken from the property. The new warrants from SLED say animals at the home were severely malnourished, dehydrated and infested with fleas and worms. One dog was found dead on the property during a search warrant.

Two of the puppies rescued were in such poor condition they had to be euthanized, according to SLED.
Police: Third family member charged with murder in ‘depraved’ neglect of disabled girl

Obituary link

* I will not post snips from the obituary as it was clearly written by her neglectful killers and their words therein only serve to infuriate me.

David Eugene Baynard, 53, and Bobbie Jo Baynard, 42, and their son, Edward Vincent Baynard, 20, all of Gaffney, were arrested Monday and booked into the Cherokee County Detention Center, according to a release from the State Law Enforcement Division.

Edward Baynard is charged with murder, child abuse, unlawful neglect of a child or helpless person by a legal custodian, as well as three counts of ill-treatment or torture of animals.

David and Bobbie Jo Baynard face new state charges of child abuse, unlawful neglect of a child or helpless person by a legal custodian.
Parents, son charged in Upstate girl's death after she suffered in 'deplorable conditions,' warrants say

I wonder what they mean by “respite nurse”….? His mugshot shows that he is only 19. I don’t see how he could be an actual registered nurse, or even a licensed practical nurse, at that age, unless he graduated early or took college courses while in HS and then completed college immediately after HS graduation. I sincerely hope he is not a nurse - but regardless, I would hope his license would be long gone after this, and with these charges I would hope he’d never be able to work with vulnerable people in ANY capacity again. I know in Michigan at least the laws are pretty strict about that.

The articles about Heathers living conditions make me absolutely sick. DOZENS of animals taken off of the property? One dog dead? Two had to be euthanized? Maggots, roaches, urine, feces, all in her crib and living area?

Heathers sweet smile just melts my heart. I am so angered that this was her life. She looks so happy in the picture, and her obituary makes it sound like she had a beautiful life with a loving family.

Such deception. I’m sorry Heather.

All JMO.
An arrest warrant accused Heather’s older brother of failing to save her.

“Edward Baynard was employed as both a Respite Nurse and a Certified Personal Care Assistant and failed to render any aid to [Heater],” according to his warrant.
https://www.oxygen.com/crime-news/david-bobby-jo-edward-baynard-charged-heather-baynard-death

I wonder what they mean by “respite nurse”….? His mugshot shows that he is only 19. I don’t see how he could be an actual registered nurse, or even a licensed practical nurse, at that age, unless he graduated early or took college courses while in HS and then completed college immediately after HS graduation. I sincerely hope he is not a nurse - but regardless, I would hope his license would be long gone after this, and with these charges I would hope he’d never be able to work with vulnerable people in ANY capacity again. I know in Michigan at least the laws are pretty strict about that.

The articles about Heathers living conditions make me absolutely sick. DOZENS of animals taken off of the property? One dog dead? Two had to be euthanized? Maggots, roaches, urine, feces, all in her crib and living area?

Heathers sweet smile just melts my heart. I am so angered that this was her life. She looks so happy in the picture, and her obituary makes it sound like she had a beautiful life with a loving family.

Such deception. I’m sorry Heather.

All JMO.
Most likely he sat with/cared for Hospice patients for a few hours at a time to give family a break. Maybe even worked in a Respite House. No matter what, how can you care for others but not your own sister?

Most likely he sat with/cared for Hospice patients for a few hours at a time to give family a break. Maybe even worked in a Respite House. No matter what, how can you care for others but not your own sister?
Agreed. Absolutely heartbreaking.

My first assumption is that he trained in those fields so that he could be paid for caring for his sister. Like, the state would pay him to render the same services they would pay an outside agency to do so.

My first assumption is that he trained in those fields so that he could be paid for caring for his sister. Like, the state would pay him to render the same services they would pay an outside agency to do so.
I didn’t think of that! And then he didn’t even take care of her :(

no real action in Edward's prosecution since his indictment
docket

same with David's case
I can find no record of a case against Bobby Jo :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads