SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree !!! I have felt from the beginning that whatever happened was done by a female .... Just my opinion .

Or the two of them were in on it together and both participated in her abduction.

Can someone kindly give me a recap of the last week? Ive been out of the loop. TIA!

Don't know exactly where you left off but the biggest thing was two of the big players on the FHEFB page were arrested and are out on bail. Something about making misleading statements on the page, and providing some of this misleading info to the police, which diverted the investigation. I think that's the reader's digest version and I don't think much else has happened since then. Hope I'm allowed to say that (and follow up by NOT discussing it :))

Discussing the PI that is being discussed is not allowed.

No discussion from the Find Heather Facebook page.

Ima

Hey guys, just realized I've been very quiet on here the past few days. I am alive! Bored out of my skull with this forced vacation (thanks to the ice I've been off work since Tuesday. I couldn't even remember what today was at one point.) I have mostly been quietly observing, crocheting, and distracted by the latest act in the Amanda Knox circus.

Things have been fairly quiet here regarding Heather. I believe it's because of the weather. Until yesterday most people weren't out and about. The good side of that though is because of those arrests Heather was in the local news during the time everyone was stuck inside.

Well, several of the ones in Haleigh's case ended up with very long prison sentences for drugs...up to 25 years, and still are not talking.

I can't imagine that they would. Inviting more consequences by making an admission in an unrelated missing persons or murder case would make no sense.

Wondergirl, my guess is BB wants to investigate a connection between Amber and Heather (common perp possibility?)

You're speaking as a rational, uninvolved person that doesn't want drama or celebrity. The ones I'm speaking of seem to create drama and seek the spotlight, except from those that may ask the hard questions. The protest of innocence would be more credible if they put themselves in the right spotlight, just my opinion.

In all fairness tho, I've seen rational innocent people made into____by media. There are always some within the media either wanting to make a name for themselves or pushing sensationalism. It can go either way.:moo:

I can't imagine that they would. Inviting more consequences by making an admission in an unrelated missing persons or murder case would make no sense.

Especially if you're in prison. Snitches are dealt with rather severely by the prison population...Trying to apply your own logic to situations is like a saint trying to figure out why a sinner would do something :twocents:

If MSM quotes from a Facebook page can it be discussed here? Inquiring minds want to know?? :banghead:

It's MSM....I would think that makes it discussable, pls mods correct me if otherwise?

except for the fact no contact has been made by her ,I don't think LE would commit themselves to say a crime was committed with out concrete proof of one. I don't think LE cares what anybody thinks..otherwise they would have appealed to the public on a regular basis and kept everyone up on the investigation

or maybe they might like other wild theories out there to keep the crazies occupied and the perp(s) thinking they're safe cuz a 3 ring circus is going on? Kinda reminds me of a snake that just lies in wait knowing your supper will come to you :moo:

As someone who's far away I've found http://www.instantstreetview.com/ to be a very helpful site. You can type in any address in the world and move around at will. It lets you see locations people are referring to from the comfort of your home. It lets you move around and get a feel for an area without looking at videos or trying to get a mental picture of a place.

As someone who's far away I've found http://www.instantstreetview.com/ to be a very helpful site. You can type in any address in the world and move around at will. It lets you see locations people are referring to from the comfort of your home. It lets you move around and get a feel for an area without looking at videos or trying to get a mental picture of a place.

Wow that site is crazy scary

Less than two months in, I find myself almost ready to "move on" from this case, which is most unlike me. But there is nothing at all new, no info coming out, no press conferences and the FB page-not-to-mentioned is either a mess of speculation or a prayer chain. It feels like Heather has been missing six months or a year, as far as new or relevant info goes. The father has to write one of his missives every few weeks, just so something makes news. How depressing. JMO

If MSM quotes from a Facebook page can it be discussed here? Inquiring minds want to know?? :banghead:

I don't even know how to respond after reading that article. I have a thousand thoughts and yet I sit her unable to find the appropriate words....

Except...

What I gather from this article is there's been no new developments except for this confirmation: "Horry County Police told WBTW on Friday that there was no official suspect in the case."

Doesn't "no new developments" generally imply "we're stuck"?

Random post for the day. I just saw this link over on another thread, and thought it was interesting. http://www.boulderweekly.com/article-9976-jessica-ridgeway-killerrss-lsawareness-spacers-may-lead-to-clues.html

This was when Jessica Ridgeway's torso was found and they were trying to figure out who the killer was. An interesting theory from this article was:
perhaps the best path to solving this particular murder rests with the ability of law enforcement’s geographic profilers to identify the killer’s awareness space, which is defined as that geographic area that individuals have become familiar with over their lifetime. It is composed of those places that have been incorporated into a person’s memory by repeated exposure.
It is also composed of the transportation corridors used to connect those locations to one another.
researchers have found that the perpetrator lives within his awareness space, commits his crimes close to home and within that awareness space, and disposes of his victims and other evidence at the outer edges of the awareness space, generally along the space’s transportation corridors.

So, if an assumption is made that HE met with foul play, and someone else left the car at PTL, that would be at the outer edges of his/her awareness space. If HE drove to PTL and someone hurt/took HE from there, that would be close to home and within that person's awareness space. It then randomly occurred to me that someone should be searching for other clues by using PTL as a spot on the circumference of a five mile circle, and moving the circle around. I come up with one location of 544 and 814 that is heavily wooded near what looks like a golf course. I have to wonder if anyone searched there?

I'm not sure what that would mean if HE left her car there and found some way to disappear on her own. (I mean, why not just disappear from home and leave the car there?). Would that mean that whomever helped her would be within their awareness zone?

As I said, random thought.

Random post for the day. I just saw this link over on another thread, and thought it was interesting. http://www.boulderweekly.com/article-9976-jessica-ridgeway-killerrss-lsawareness-spacers-may-lead-to-clues.html

This was when Jessica Ridgeway's torso was found and they were trying to figure out who the killer was. An interesting theory from this article was:

So, if an assumption is made that HE met with foul play, and someone else left the car at PTL, that would be at the outer edges of his/her awareness space. If HE drove to PTL and someone hurt/took HE from there, that would be close to home and within that person's awareness space. It then randomly occurred to me that someone should be searching for other clues by using PTL as a spot on the circumference of a five mile circle, and moving the circle around. I come up with one location of 544 and 814 that is heavily wooded near what looks like a golf course. I have to wonder if anyone searched there?

I'm not sure what that would mean if HE left her car there and found some way to disappear on her own. (I mean, why not just disappear from home and leave the car there?). Would that mean that whomever helped her would be within their awareness zone?

As I said, random thought.

Random response: the only reason I can think of for Heather to leave the car at Peachtree Landing if she was leaving on her own is to make it look suspicious so people wouldn't think she left on her own.

Random response: the only reason I can think of for Heather to leave the car at Peachtree Landing if she was leaving on her own is to make it look suspicious so people wouldn't think she left on her own.
That reason would make her sound like she was trying to put the blame for her disappearance on someone else, and get them in trouble. That would be pretty cold and that is why I don't actually subscribe to that theory, but I just threw it out there with random post for the day.

ETA: Wouldn't it still look suspicious if HE was just gone and her car was at her apartment? So then I'm back to no real reason HE would leave her car at PTL if she were just running away. Or is there one that makes sense for the car to be at PTL and not at home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck