SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My 21 yr old daughter is petite like Heather and has worn the same size clothing for years. She has a ton of clothes and purses and shoes, I would never be able to guess what items were missing.

But a roommate might notice that the jacket she usually wore to run to the store was gone,for example...

IMO, TE and LE know what happened to HE. IMO, they know that tattoos and clothing and other identifiers won't make a difference because they know what happened to her, they just don't know where she is. The tattoos and clothing won't matter much when she is found. Sorry, JMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would someone please be kind enough to tell me if the Myrtle Beach PD incident report has already been posted?

If it has not been, it is kind of interesting.

My guess would be within 20 minutes he talked to BW and found out about the OMM.

Possibly one of the receipts found in the car linked to someone other than HE.

Could LE have taken the clothing as evidence and not want TE to know? I personally do not agree with those who believe LE is keeping him informed any more so than parents in other cases, which often is not at all.

But surely Mom or someone can tell if what she had on in photo is there in apartment, right? And if it is not, that either Le took it or she still had it on when she left. Why would LE take other clothing? IMO someone close to her still should be able to figure out if a certain jacket, hoodie, or,shoes, for example, is missing and might have been what she wore last.
And if LE did not take or find that outfit from photo, would they want to have it described for missing flyers?

Very confusing...I think LE took the clothes.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Usually it's the family who looks at the missing person's wardrobe and figures out what they have on.

It sounds like there must be some significance to the clothing she was wearing -- something that would only make sense to the perp, perhaps? Something that outweighs its value as a public clue. -

IMO, TE and LE know what happened to HE. IMO, they know that tattoos and clothing and other identifiers won't make a difference because they know what happened to her, they just don't know where she is. The tattoos and clothing won't matter much when she is found. Sorry, JMO.

Well, as identifiers they make a difference.
Also, an item of clothing found could lead to a nearby crime scene, or could contain DNA of a perp. So it does matter, if they have an idea what she was wearing. Why else would clothing always be included in missing posters, as a rule?

Well, as identifiers they make a difference.

Also, an item of clothing found could lead to a nearby crime scene, or could contain DNA of a perp. So it does matter, if they have an idea what she was wearing. Why else would clothing always be included in missing posters, as a rule?

Possibly, depending on the extent of their knowledge of what happened to her.

On the other hand, maybe we should think about why it would be excluded from the details released in this case?

Possibly, depending on the extent of their knowledge of what happened to her.

On the other hand, maybe we should think about why it would be excluded from the details released in this case?

If they collected the clothing in a search warrant for her apartment, they probably do not know what she was wearing. This is my best guess as to what has happened.

The sentence about LE knowing in 20 min that HE didn't just walk away bothers me. They knew in 20 minutes..........did they see a scuffle in the dirt? find something like torn clothes? broken tree branch? there is something TE can't say but LE KNEW something ...then the searches started IIRC

BBM

I think this is directly related to the "change of clothes issue". I have a feeling that something was found at PTL, in her car or somewhere not yet mentioned to prompt that statement. My guess is it was some shoe, jacket or clothing and not the clothes she was wearing in the picture taken on her date. Somehow or another, whatever it was can be tied to her. This may very well be why no clothing description was released.

If they collected the clothing in a search warrant for her apartment, they probably do not know what she was wearing. This is my best guess as to what has happened.

Sure, but that doesn't explain not releasing images of her tattoos.

Granted, we know her family did not enjoy them, but I don't think that fact would prevent them from releasing any and all info that could help to bring her home.

look how long this case took Aug 13 til now. Hoping Heather comes home sooner and arrests quicker!!! Bad heroin every where!

This is depressing. It took this long for an arrest and this girl's body was found within 2 days, I think. And there were multiple people "in the know" it seems.
And it took this long for an arrest.

BBM

I think this is directly related to the "change of clothes issue". I have a feeling that something was found at PTL, in her car or somewhere not yet mentioned to prompt that statement. My guess is it was some shoe, jacket or clothing and not the clothes she was wearing in the picture taken on her date. Somehow or another, whatever it was can be tied to her. This may very well be why no clothing description was released.

I do think the clothes will become significant somehow. My guess is LE at least found what she was wearing in the photo and they knew she had to have changed into something else. Im not sure yet if they know exactly what she was wearing and if they confiscated all her clothes from her apartment, then only the perp would know what she had on. Maybe that is one reason they didnt want to release info about what she last had on.

Maybe they have since interviewed roomate and father and maybe have narrowed down a few items that are missing and maybe they feel comfortable what she probably had on at the time like a jacket or certain shoes or something. And since only the perp would know too then they would want to keep it secret.

And like you mentioned maybe they even found something at PTL or in the car that also clued them in to something she had changed into.

Somehow i think it will become significant.

Sadly, this end is starting to look more and more likely to me.

BBM

That's a good thought. Something like a single shoe, or an undergarment, for instance, would be very telling.

clu, I'm launching off your post. ty

Last night, on this very subject, I posted my way into trouble somehow.
Eventually I became frustrated, so I gave up trying to express the meaning behind my posts which was -

1. there are two different versions of the story and
2. wanting to know why.

It probably was something I said that set peeps off, but instead of concentrating on the problem of inaccurate reporting that has occurred repeatedly, the concentration was placed mainly on TE's behavior as was REPORTED also, involving the differing messages he received from the perps driving the jeep along with his reactions to the messages.

How come if one is trying to get to the bottom of a question, one is accused of not being 'nice'? I don't think asking questions equates with not being 'nice'. I know men don't think along these lines.
I respectfully disagree that men don't think along those lines. It's more of a personality thing. I can't say whether this is the case here or not, but sometimes it has to do with delivery when posting. When posters state things as facts and forget to say IMO, JMO, etc, it comes across very harsh, almost like they are cross examining another poster. Everyone is allowed their opinion without someone trying to shout them down. The words "I am curious, why do you think that?" go a long way towards making someone think that their own opinion is valued. If someone doesn't agree with another poster, try to think about the words you post and do so respectfully. JMO and something I think we all should consider when we post.

Could LE have taken the clothing as evidence and not want TE to know? I personally do not agree with those who believe LE is keeping him informed any more so than parents in other cases, which often is not at all.

But surely Mom or someone can tell if what she had on in photo is there in apartment, right? And if it is not, that either Le took it or she still had it on when she left. Why would LE take other clothing? IMO someone close to her still should be able to figure out if a certain jacket, hoodie, or,shoes, for example, is missing and might have been what she wore last.
And if LE did not take or find that outfit from photo, would they want to have it described for missing flyers?

Very confusing...I think LE took the clothes.
Your post seems to answer a question I posted before reading your post.

"May have changed clothes"? I can't even believe this is for real.

Especially in the early days, it made no sense that no one mentioned anywhere what HE may have been wearing (I did not assume she was necessarily wearing the same clothes as in the photo when she went out.).

But to read that TE supposedly can't get information from LE about whether or not HE changed clothes is shocking to me, if true.
It is possible that LE may not be sure if they have the right clothes. If HE had been out of her family home for some time, her family might have no idea what clothes she owned. BW might not have been familiar enough with HE's wardrobe to say for certain. In our house, I own five identically made shirts, three in black, two in brown, that I wear on a regular basis. My family doesn't know how many of each I own. My daughter is the same with jeans-three identical pair in that short style (under the knees) and two identical pair long. I only know this because I paid for them. My son has 7 identically made shirts, in similar colors. If this same pattern emerges when they move out, Spousey and I would be hard pressed to tell you if some article of clothing was missing in their homes from one picture, unless it was a favorite that we saw a lot, or something really unusual. I could see not being sure if HE changed her clothes or not, especially if HE was not one to hang up her clothes and there was clothing that looked similar to what she was wearing in a pile on the floor.

On the clothing issue....

Is it possible that LE knows what she was wearing but can't release that info for a reason such as....

If that clothing has DNA on it and they tell what she was wearing, perhaps a perp could say well when we "hooked up" at a previous time she was wearing such and such(the exact clothing released by LE to the police).

I could see them keeping this close to the cuff simply to keep a potential suspect from coming out public with info about how heather looked great in "that outfit" before we got busy or went out or whatever months or weeks ago. Perhaps in an attempt to explain away DNA maybe? I don't know I'm just kinda thinking out loud.

[modsnip]

Who knows? Just an opinion from a confused onlooker.

Two things really caught my attention in the interview. The first thing was that they knew in 20 minutes that she didn't just walk off. I know this has been discussed above and I agree with everyone's theories as to why they felt that way.

The second one is when TE was discussing what he would say to SM. During TE's answer he also stated that he wanted anyone to come forward that had been around her in the last three months. Why three months? I have my own speculations which can't be discussed but I would like to know others thoughts as to why three months would be significant. This is only the third case I have followed here so maybe it is common to ask for info that far back.

About the clothing, my parents or my roommate would not have had a clue what would be missing from my wardrobe. When I was 20 years old the trunk of my car had half of my closet in it lol. (Don't judge). I worked a 2nd shift job that required a uniform and it was not uncommon to go out after work so I always had extra clothes. My friends appreciated my traveling closet when they decided to go out after work :) I don't think it would be uncommon for her to have done the same given the hours she worked. I do agree with post above that LE knows that her clothing will not be significant and that is why they haven't released it.

One thing Terry said in this interview that got me was in the first 20 minutes they felt she walked away because that is usually the case with missing persons reports in MB. Then he said within 20 minutes they knew that this was much more and she did not walk away. What did they discover within 20 minutes? Was their evidence in HEs apartment? In 20 minutes they might have spoken to BW and Date. They had TEs phone records from providers. But what else could they have after 20 minutes?

ETA: Was their evidence in the car?
Jumping off your post, but I'm thinking this way. Within 20 minutes TE could have:
Called HE several times and gotten no answer or voice mail.
Talked to BW and heard that BW thought HE was upset about SM and was home at about 2am on Tuesday night/Wednesday Morning. He might have gotten SM phone number from BW (Guess on my part)
Talked to date and found out HE was home about 2 am and her car was there at the time.
Checked call records on his own smart phone and seen the last phone number activity on HE's phone.
He might have even called the last number HE's phone was in contact with and asked who it was. (Guess on my part)

Within 20 minutes, he could have called everyone who had been in contact with HE's phone in the 24 hour prior to HE's last phone activity, and found NO ONE who knew where HE was. As a parent, I'd be thinking this was much more and she didn't just walk away. But I take the did not walk away as being "She did not disappear herself."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!