SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by stillwatersc
remember all that terry elvis did not ask to be in this situation. Something terrible happened to his daughter. Please show some compassion.

How about showing some compassion for EVERYONE involved might be a good thing?(I'm not referring to ANYONE in particular) As long as NOBODY has been DEFINITIVELY stated by LE whatever happened to innocent until PROVEN guilty??
Of course I feel bad for ALL involved. It's ROTTEN that things like this happen,but we know nothing substantive yet. Last time I checked Heather was a legally aged adult doing whatever she chose to do with her life.
Awful things can happen in life. I know because I had an unsolved murder in my family too. But I sure would NEVER imagine taking justice in my own hands.That's why there are LAWS. Of course it's NOT FAIR-whoever said life would be fair?
I'm sitting back watching people question someones version pf reality and I'm beginning to wonder if we're going to descend to the Facebook level.Where's the TIME OUT?
There can be all kinds of reasons for all kinds of things,but shouldn't they be based on FACTS (of which there are so few)
Calling people liars,etc seems to me a rather biased way to look at things. This whole case is descending into a free for all.
Where's LE in all this??Where are all these after-the-fact PR? How can we even attempt to determine anything when we don't get ANY story? Why are LE allowing this to continue? I hope LE gets sued by ALL parties for abrogation of duties.
I'm seriously beginning to question what good we can do here. Now I can see why so many ppl have fallen away. Are you SURE this isn't a reality show being filmed??:tantrum:
Living out in the boonies I can see not having a signal, Certain carriers have better coverage.
I can also see fear & flight when your family is in the car. You want to get the heck away from the area where you believe you're in danger. Maybe this is why arrests were made for interfering? Maybe this is AFTER all the hoopla & LE realized it was getting out of hand. Finally..:moo::banghead:

"Of course it's NOT FAIR-whoever said life would be fair?" Life isn't fair and that's where Karma comes in. Karma has no deadline.

I've been doing some brainstorming lately, trying to think of new areas to explore/think about, etc... basically trying to add something helpful to the case.

I finally heard back from my best friend's husband today (who worked as a Game Warden a few years back) about alligators in this area. He said that alligators are not as active in December as they are between the months of May, June, and July, but they don't typically become completely dormant either. So, unfortunately, that doesn't really tell me much about what their behavior might have been like around the time that Heather went missing. I tried to search for more information about them but didn't find anything all that helpful... except that alligators in SC have been recorded to reach lengths of more than 15 feet, to warm themselves they bask in the sun, they mostly live in swampy areas, rivers, streams, lakes and ponds, some females and juveniles occasionally use seasonal wetlands like our Carolina Bays, and they will also sometimes venture into brackish salt water. http://srelherp.uga.edu/alligators/allmis.htm

Anyway... I've tried thinking back to what I remember from the very first/earliest news reports of Heather's disappearance. I tend to think that when stories are very new, reporters are given information by LE that no one thinks is important information at the time... but LE later determines it might not be information that should be easily assessable by the general public right now... and LE might ask the media outlet to retract it, change it up a little, make it appear more vague (however you want to put it) to preserve their investigation. I obviously have no idea if this is remotely true but it could be right?

Anyway... so in one of the very first reports (I don't have a link because I jotted down the info in a notebook but didn't jot down the actual link of the article... and I've looked for it online, but most of them have been updated recently... and I have no idea if it was in any of those or not), I wrote down that it said "suspected missing between 12 and 6 am on Wednesday the 18th" and also said "the last call was around 3 am." So, if that was accurate info given and not just poor reporting... the time frame would surely be a result of the calls on the phone, correct? I'm just assuming there. And my notes specify CALL at 3 am, so perhaps the other communications mentioned since the posting of this article are messages/texts?

Other things I've been thinking about... I thought I remember reading about a lot of fires (brush fires, home fires, etc.) in Myrtle Beach in the days shortly after she went missing. I remember this not because I was wise enough to think to myself... hey, they might want to look into that a bit more... but because it felt like everyday when I went to search for anything new online regarding Heather, I kept reading articles about another fire happening somewhere. I wonder if the cause has been determined for all of those fires?

I also though I read/heard something about a golf course being the area where her phone last pinged in the beginning? I don't know if that is something I read/heard in the news or online so I don't know if it was a rumor or not but I immediately thought of Legends because it's close to her apartment (ps--I read/heard this was way before anyone in the public was aware of SM or at least way before I was aware). But looking at its location now and the amount of forest around it, it might be somewhere to think about looking? If there was a ping on a golf course, it could also have been Arrowhead too. There was an organized search (one of the last ones done by CUE I think) behind the Arrowhead area too.

And finally, I started thinking about where someone might hide any evidence if foul play was involved. I think they would probably hide it some distance away from the car's location but not far enough away that they'd be taking a huge chance---surely, chances are that someone wouldn't be risky enough to travel hundreds of miles with a dead body in the car. I thought the most logical place would be somewhere 10 to 20 miles north, west, or south of the car's location. The two most logical places for me are Georgetown and like the HWY 22 area and/or Loris area. There's tons of forests, swamps, creeks, etc. in both of those areas. I know the possibilities are virtually endless but I hope LE has considered searching in some of these areas.

For instance, I traveled HWY 22 a few weeks after Heather went missing and I was like man... there are just so many wooded, swampy areas down this long stretch of road that is not frequently traveled late at night. It's scary to think about! But I just wanted to throw some ideas out there to think about.

I kind of think the unknown bombshells would be facts like "hey I'll be there in 10 minutes at PTL" dated and time stamped. That's a good one & possible. Or "stop fighting it, just be at PTL (or wherever) before I go to work at 6am"...the damning evidence can go on and on for both Heather and her older married man. If it's pm's from what we have read and heard, well...mama (omw) don't know a damn thing yet, daddy isn't going to spill that until trial. SMACK! (Batman wording only)

JMO

I wouldn't know, the OMM hasn't spoken up except what was said in the police report that we can't talk about. It was a lie though apparently according to MSM. So I can't get past that. kwim? Married or not, he's not speaking up for himself...

Agree and as to whether or not he being married contributes to the "drama" in this case I say absolutely.
SM hasn't said a word. No words = no drama. Nothing to be mad about (except what appears to be a failure to cooperate but that only goes so far-before anyone gets angry notice I say appears) and leaves plenty to wonder about. The best client is a quiet client. SM has been a very good client for someone.

Any witnesses other than the occupants of the truck? It doesn't say that there are, so the implication is that there were none. Interesting.

That's kind of crazy that no one else on the road saw aggressive driving or saw someone shooting a gun out the window of a car. But I guess things happen in broad daylight that no one sees so it is what it is.

I've been doing some brainstorming lately, trying to think of new areas to explore/think about, etc... basically trying to add something helpful to the case.

MY THOTS[/COLOR]

I finally heard back from my best friend's husband today (who worked as a Game Warden a few years back) about alligators in this area. He said that snip..alligators

snip..very first/earliest news reports of Heather's disappearance. ........ I obviously have no idea if this is remotely true but it could be right?

snip specify CALL at 3 am

maybe they were texts?

Other things I've been thinking about... I thought I remember reading about a lot of fires (brush fires, home fires, etc.) in Myrtle Beach in the days shortly after she went missing. I remember this not because I was wise enough to think to myself... hey, they might want to look into that a bit more... but because it felt like everyday when I went to search for anything new online regarding Heather, I kept reading articles about another fire happening somewhere. I wonder if the cause has been determined for all of those fires?

I wonder if there were dry conditions/drought??Don't know.
Funny thing around here when they do controlled burns they search b4 and sometimes come up w/bodies?? Maybe there should be regular searches of areas since so many missing?

I also though I read/heard something about a golf course being the area where her phone last pinged in the beginning? I don't know if that is something I read/heard in the news or online so I don't know if it was a rumor or not but I immediately thought of Legends because it's close to her apartment (ps--I read/heard this was way before anyone in the public was aware of SM or at least way before I was aware). But looking at its location now and the amount of forest around it, it might be somewhere to think about looking? If there was a ping on a golf course, it could also have been Arrowhead too. There was an organized search (one of the last ones done by CUE I think) behind the Arrowhead area too.

I belive Heathers new place was across from a golf course?? Do gators frequent golf courses??

And finally, I started thinking about where someone might hide any evidence if foul play was involved. I think they would probably hide it some distance away from the car's location but not far enough away that they'd be taking a huge chance---surely, chances are that someone wouldn't be risky enough to travel hundreds of miles with a dead body in the car. I thought the most logical place would be somewhere 10 to 20 miles north, west, or south of the car's location. The two most logical places for me are Georgetown and like the HWY 22 area and/or Loris area. There's tons of forests, swamps, creeks, etc. in both of those areas. I know the possibilities are virtually endless but I hope LE has considered searching in some of these areas.

with all the construction going on it could be under cement,in a rubble pile,under a dirt pile,etc. On a recent case in WA wifey killed hubby & her new hubby & 2 tenants first buried him under a dirt pile & then had to move the body when foreclosure. They researched it on net & buried under a building.
The sad part was this person was never reported missing cuz wifey said he ran away!

snip...........

That's kind of crazy that no one else on the road saw aggressive driving or saw someone shooting a gun out the window of a car. But I guess things happen in broad daylight that no one sees so it is what it is.

Or the witnesses to the incident might be scared of harassment and retaliation.

<snip>

Also, I would know the color of a car if it had been following me for awhile. I obsessively look in my rear view mirror since I have been stalked and harassed before. I would imagine, they would be observant as well. Also, the lights were turned off at one point, making it easier to see the car.

<snip>

Snipped by me to address the car lights only.

You stated "the lights were turned off at one point making it easier to see the car". Do you have a source? This is what I've read:

"The suspect vehicle then dramatically slowed and dimmed its lights. The victim said he lost sight of the vehicle and fled toward Georgetown, where he called police, according to the report."

Only dimmed the lights not turned them off completely. (I don't even know how you dim headlights but I'm no car expert)

You stated "the lights were turned off at one point making it easier to see the car". Do you have a source? This is what I've read:

"The suspect vehicle then dramatically slowed and dimmed its lights. The victim said he lost sight of the vehicle and fled toward Georgetown, where he called police, according to the report."

Only dimmed the lights not turned them off completely. (I don't even know how you dim headlights but I'm no car expert)

Well, that is my source. On all of our SUV's you turn the white lights off and can put on when I am assuming he called dimmers, which are the yellow lights only. They are basically not lights, since at night, you can't drive with them. I am gathering that is what he meant. If I said dimmers, that is what I would mean. That the person turned there lights off and out the dimmers on.

By whom? If a witness just said oh yeah I heard shots fired. Who is retaliating and harassing?

I have no doubt there is a group of individuals who would harass the witnesses until they agreed to drop their claims, and say they were mistaken. Anyone who does anything that "helps" the M family is at risk. If one is smart, they would do everything possible to not get personally involved in this case, in any way. This is a case where people shoot at cars driving down the highway.

I finally heard back from my best friend's husband today (who worked as a Game Warden a few years back) about alligators in this area. He said that alligators are not as active in December as they are between the months of May, June, and July, but they don't typically become completely dormant either. So, unfortunately, that doesn't really tell me much about what their behavior might have been like around the time that Heather went missing. I tried to search for more information about them but didn't find anything all that helpful... except that alligators in SC have been recorded to reach lengths of more than 15 feet, to warm themselves they bask in the sun, they mostly live in swampy areas, rivers, streams, lakes and ponds, some females and juveniles occasionally use seasonal wetlands like our Carolina Bays, and theyy will also sometimes venture into brackish salt water. http://srelherp.uga.edu/alligators/allmis.htm

Anyway... I've tried thinking back to what I remember from the very first/earliest news reports of Heather's disappearance. I tend to think that when stories are very new, reporters are given information by LE that no one thinks is important information at the time... but LE later determines it might not be information that should be easily assessable by the general public right now... and LE might ask the media outlet to retract it, change it up a little, make it appear more vague (however you want to put it) to preserve their investigation. I obviously have no idea if this is remotely true but it could be right?

Anyway... so in one of the very first reports (I don't have a link because I jotted down the info in a notebook but didn't jot down the actual link of the article... and I've looked for it online, but most of them have been updated recently... and I have no idea if it was in any of those or not), I wrote down that it said "suspected missing between 12 and 6 am on Wednesday the 18th" and also said "the last call was around 3 am." So, if that was accurate info given and not just poor reporting... the time frame would surely be a result of the calls on the phone, correct? I'm just assuming there. And my notes specify CALL at 3 am, so perhaps the other communications mentioned since the posting of this article are messages/texts?

For instance, I traveled HWY 22 a few weeks after Heather went missing and I was like man... there are just so many wooded, swampy areas down this long stretch of road that is not frequently traveled late at night. It's scary to think about! But I just wanted to throw some ideas out there to think about.

Thank you for the research and the brainstorming. I am providing a link about alligators that speaks of their dormant times based on temperature.

http://icwdm.org/handbook/reptiles/Alligators.asp

You do it by turning off your high beams....as far as seeing the color of the vehicle..no way you can tell the color of a vehicle behind you at night with their headlights on...no way

I have no doubt there is a group of individuals who would harass the witnesses until they agreed to drop their claims, and say they were mistaken. Anyone who does anything that "helps" the M family is at risk. If one is smart, they would do everything possible to not get personally involved in this case, in any way. This is a case where people shoot at cars driving down the highway.

I'm not saying a witness that can identify the car. Merely a witness to corroborate that shots were fired because they heard them too. Maybe they didn't see anything. Maybe they just heard the shots. But it doesn't appear that anyone did
or they are too scared to admit they didn't see anything but did hear something as you suggest even though they'd have no idea whose report they were corroborating.

Is that not a fact? nothing and nobody can justify any harm that may have come to Heather because of the life she lead,imo.

I TOTALLY agree with you....nothing she done can justify and harm that may have come to HE.
Also I have never seen it confirmed that she lived with the previous BF/co worker at HOB...if it was i missed it and would like to see it if you can provide the link

Well, that is my source. On all of our SUV's you turn the white lights off and can put on when I am assuming he called dimmers, which are the yellow lights only. They are basically not lights, since at night, you can't drive with them. I am gathering that is what he meant. If I said dimmers, that is what I would mean. That the person turned there lights off and out the dimmers on.

maybe I'm used to driving older vehicles,but in my vehicles there's a headlight switch and a seperate foglight switch. The headlights always have a dimming switch .There's low beam & high beam.
On a dark road at nite always use high & if vehicle approaches you dim your lights. If a vehicle behind you with brights on it can blind your rearview mirror.
Also some states enforce driving w/high beams & not dimming.
On a side note you also flash bright beams to warn of danger ahead or a radar trap. One state just recently threw out a ticket given by an LEO to someone who warned others of a radar trap cuz violation of 1st Amendment rights ;)

Thank you for the research and the brainstorming. I am providing a link about alligators that speaks of their dormant times based on temperature.

http://icwdm.org/handbook/reptiles/Alligators.asp

Thanks to both of you for the info....

maybe I missed it in that link??
I went looking and found this

Where do reptiles such as alligators go when winter comes?
http://reptilenews.blogspot.com/2006/12/where-do-reptiles-such-as-alligators-go.html

Although they might disappear from sight for several days, alligators don't actually hibernate.............

But they seldom stay undercover longer than a week or two -- not long enough to be considered hibernation.............

But as soon as the sun comes out and the weather warms up, gators emerge from their dens..............

The response on this site explains why aligators, down here in South Carolina, show up on the banks of the lagoons on warmer days..........

(IIRC I believe it was warmer when Heather disappeared)

I TOTALLY agree with you....nothing she done can justify and harm that may have come to HE.
Also I have never seen it confirmed that she lived with the previous BF/co worker at HOB...if it was i missed it and would like to see it if you can provide the link

not sure if she lived with ex,I do remember an MSM mention early on which has since been revised-someone else made a passing mention as to being in a twitter msg but a bunch of them were erased as well..maybe someone can dig it up like the 1st exojane article? allso remember an "If you hide I will find you" quote somewhere-maybe attributed to roomie?

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/local/aynor/article_e27b8722-81fa-11e3-a440-001a4bcf6878.html

Police are also reviewing reports about another man who may have been a coworker of Elvis.

A police report describes the possible coworker as “possibly being abusive” and “possibly violent.”

Horry County police spokesman Lt. Robert Kegler said both men identified in the report as being connected to Elvis have been interviewed.

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/a ... f6878.html

Horry County police chief gives update on probe into Heather Elvis disappearance

The report also identifies an ex-boyfriend and former co-worker who, according to the report, has said, "if she hides, he will find her."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmeyer