SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What if it comes straight from OMW? I think the rules are that its okay to mention a page as long as we dont copy/paste?
ETA: Let me know if I can explain further.

No, we are no longer allowing discussion from any of the social media sites. SM and wife's media sites are not allowed as well.

What would be the point?

If he passes, people would say they are not reliable, and that some killers are able to outsmart them.

If he fails, it will just be another reason why people think he is guilty.

To be fair...failure would mean 2 people claiming the test wasn't reliable.JMO

What would be the point?

If he passes, people would say they are not reliable, and that some killers are able to outsmart them.

If he fails, it will just be another reason why people think he is guilty.

I don't think he stands a chance of passing a poly, even if he has no involvement. I think it's unlikely that he's revealed the whole truth about his relationship with Heather, so would have bad results on the poly.

Treelights - I saw your post. Thank you. Blogtalk radio is not considered MSM, so we can't quote it here.

The bottom line is that we don't know if SM has taken a poly. LE has neither confirmed or denied it, so we don't know.

Thank you for all your research. It's important for the mods to understand where info is coming from so I sincerely appreciate the time you took to find the source.

Salem

Speaking for myself, if I last saw someone who later disappeared, the first thing I would want to do is share what I know to assist the family in seeking answers. If I choose to avoid answering questions and cooperating with authorities, then I would have to expect that I opened the door for people to form their opinion of me. As a mother, I couldn't imagine knowing details of people who were involved in the last whereabouts of my child.... and they were reluctant to share any and all details to not only HELP save a life, find a missing human being.... but clear their own name. I hope answers surface soon, I hate for any parent to have to endure the unknowing and I can only imagine the daily strength it takes to keep yourself composed, strong and clinging to hope that something good will come of this.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

I am unclear why you are asking me, but I will answer best I can. I don't have the best recollection and given the day I am having, I will try. About five weeks ago, the PR was released with the names of entities and it should not have been released. Since then it has been called the unredacted PR or leaked PR. Topcat or myself didn't come up with the name leak. I believe the name leak came up because it is undetermined who gave it to the press. I remember a mod saying at one point that is no evidence it was LE, so we are not to say it was them. So, I don't have an article that says it was leaked because I couldn't find it if I tried, but I don't think they ever wrote something saying that either. I believe it was released and redacted and then it was hush hush. You could ask someone else. I wasn't the one who first said it. Maybe ask someone who did. You can check one of the beginning threads.

I asked you for the link because when someone asked, you emphatically answered: It Was Leaked. Since you answered rather matter of fact I asked for a link because I do not remember that being a fact released in MSM.
It has been speculated whether or not it was but to my knowledge no official source has said it was. That's all. Just trying to keep the ducks in a row.

I asked you for the link because when someone asked, you emphatically answered: It Was Leaked. Since you answered rather matter of fact I asked for a link because I do not remember that being a fact released in MSM.
It has been speculated whether or not it was but to my knowledge no official source has said it was. That's all. Just trying to keep the ducks in a row.

My comment was in response to this
No , nothing in MSM about him taking a poly.....I thought the first PR was leaked ,,,,,and sorry you're having a bad day...it will get better.

It has been said it was leaked since the 17th of January, so I don't understand the questions and why to me. Why not to everyone else who has said it since 1/17? How did the PR get released?

Thank you I just wonder if SM is staying away from the HCPD with his reports.

Good thought. I wondered as well because he would be submitting himself in their jurisdiction and I'm not sure what kind of rules apply at that point.
I'm not even exactly sure what I'm saying but I think it is strategic to avoid HCPD.

My comment was in response to this

It has been said it was leaked since the 17th of January, so I don't understand the questions and why to me. Why not to everyone else who has said it since 1/17? How did the PR get released?

How did it? I don't know which is why I'm asking. I've assumed FOIA.

Good thought. I wondered as well because he would be submitting himself in their jurisdiction and I'm not sure what kind of rules apply at that point.
I'm not even exactly sure what I'm saying but I think it is strategic to avoid HCPD.

Since the City of Myrtle Beach is in Horry County, HCPD should have at least some jurisdiction of the alleged incident and may have the lead jurisdiction - I'm not sure. I find it odd that someone who has done nothing to help find HE (a woman he once loved) is now playing a victim - I won't say here what I'm really thinking but it is getting harder and harder to see innocence in this man.

HCPD Lt. Chip Squires said it.

"In fact, the disappearance of Heather Elvis has probably changed the face of missing persons investigations forever, thanks to social media. Facts, speculation, even lies are getting out faster than law enforcement can investigate them. In this case, it's even resulted in the unauthorized leak of evidence, and even some people choosing to conduct their own parallel investigations.

"That's the kind of information that you don't want out there," says Horry County Police Lt. Chip Squires. "…it taints the case."

"Everybody knows what's in that report. That means whoever's listening to that report, whether they had any involvement or not," says Lt. Squires. "That means who's responsible for it knows what's in that report."

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24695...ther-elvis-investigation-speak-out?page=2&N=N

I'm very curious about the pm's between HE and SM as well as the full conversation between HE and BW. We don't know the full extent of that exchange and that means that the person(s) responsible for HE being missing don't know all that was said either. I think that call is very important to this case for many reasons and the perp(s) weren't expecting it. JMO

HCPD Lt. Chip Squires said it.

"In fact, the disappearance of Heather Elvis has probably changed the face of missing persons investigations forever, thanks to social media. Facts, speculation, even lies are getting out faster than law enforcement can investigate them. In this case, it's even resulted in the unauthorized leak of evidence, and even some people choosing to conduct their own parallel investigations.

"That's the kind of information that you don't want out there," says Horry County Police Lt. Chip Squires. "…it taints the case."

"Everybody knows what's in that report. That means whoever's listening to that report, whether they had any involvement or not," says Lt. Squires. "That means who's responsible for it knows what's in that report."

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24695...ther-elvis-investigation-speak-out?page=2&N=N

Thank you for finding this. I really appreciate it.

Speaking for myself, if I last saw someone who later disappeared, the first thing I would want to do is share what I know to assist the family in seeking answers. If I choose to avoid answering questions and cooperating with authorities, then I would have to expect that I opened the door for people to form their opinion of me. As a mother, I couldn't imagine knowing details of people who were involved in the last whereabouts of my child.... and they were reluctant to share any and all details to not only HELP save a life, find a missing human being.... but clear their own name. I hope answers surface soon, I hate for any parent to have to endure the unknowing and I can only imagine the daily strength it takes to keep yourself composed, strong and clinging to hope that something good will come of this.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

now put yourself in the shoes of a cheating married man with children, who is almost twice as old as the missing person...how quick do you volunteer your help being the last one to speak to her [modsnip]?

Is a PR considered evidence?
I'm thinking on it's own it cannot stand alone as evidence. For example if this case were to go to trial and BW's statements needed to be submitted into evidence the PR alone could not do that, BW would be needed to testify.
So considering this is there any circumstance where a PR is considered evidence?
I view a PR as a record, a recording of information, not evidence and I could be wrong.

Is a PR considered evidence?
I'm thinking on it's own it cannot stand alone as evidence. For example if this case were to go to trial and BW's statements needed to be submitted into evidence the PR alone could not do that, BW would be needed to testify.
So considering this is there any circumstance where a PR is considered evidence?
I view a PR as a record, a recording of information, not evidence and I could be wrong.

unless they have a signed statement from BW,if she became unavailable.

I'm very curious about the pm's between HE and SM as well as the full conversation between HE and BW. We don't know the full extent of that exchange and that means that the person(s) responsible for HE being missing don't know all that was said either. I think that call is very important to this case for many reasons and the perp(s) weren't expecting it. JMO

Agree that whoever was up to no good on 12/18 did not count on HE talking to BW that late.
It seems like there was more to that conversation so I'm hoping if so, it was revealing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc