Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The arrest may be based on another allegation:
Notice the sentence about financial discrepancies filed with the State of California.

"The warrant was served as an attempt to identify potential evidence based on new information obtained through expert analysis of previously seized surveillance tapes and financial discrepancies filed with the State of South Carolina on behalf of the people living in the home, according to the release."

I would be shocked if they are arrested for Heather's disappearance since they haven't found her. Maybe there is pressure to make the case go away, but I feel like getting a conviction would be pretty hard. I would be very surprised if this particular jursidication decides to do a no-body case, but who knows? My guess is that it's a very smaller charge, like not letting LE execute the search warrant.

This just came across my news feed and I had to come here. I hope they have solid evidence and can bring Heather home.

"The search warrant was executed in an attempt to identify potential evidence based on new information obtained through expert analysis of previously seized surveillance tapes in the area along with financial discrepancies filed with the State of South Carolina on behalf of the occupants of the residence," according to a news release from HCPD.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24785...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Hmmm.... surveillance tapes? :waitasec:

"The search warrant was executed in an attempt to identify potential evidence based on new information obtained through expert analysis of previously seized surveillance tapes in the area along with financial discrepancies filed with the State of South Carolina on behalf of the occupants of the residence," according to a news release from HCPD.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24785...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Surveillance tapes in the area. Perhaps a local business, gas station, something like that had something on their surveillance that went against what the OM has said? Or maybe surveillance tapes from a more recent incident that was perhaps a false report? Isn't a crime to make a false report?

ETA: Also possible there may be evidence of surveillance tape tampering?

It is a BEAUTIFUL day in my neck of the woods. ;) Very interested to watch this unfold.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

perhaps, the financial discrepancy is claiming a business loss on the SC tax return for equipment or utility trailer seen on a survelliance tape ??

This may be a dumb question, but is being in custody the same as being arrested? The article says no charges have been filed.

Perhaps the discrepancy is travel related expenses?

"YES"!
BREAKING NEWS: Two people are in custody in connection with the disappearance of Heather Elvis, according to the Horry County Police Department.

http://www.wistv.com/story/24785359...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Two in custody in connection with Heather Elvis case, police confirm
Posted: Feb 21, 2014 8:49 AM EST
Updated: Feb 21, 2014 9:03 AM EST
By WMBF News Staff - email

RELATED LINKS
Man linked to Heather Elvis case says he was shot at
Exclusive new details on Heather Elvis case come out
2 men booked for interfering with Elvis case
Community support still strong in Heather Elvis search

MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF) – Two people are in custody in connection with the disappearance of Heather Elvis, Horry County Police officials confirmed.

Horry County Police were at a home in the 8700 block of State Highway 814 Friday morning executing a search warrant, Lt. Robert Kegler confirmed.

At least two people are in custody.

It also says AT LEAST two...so there could be a third person in custody.

Do both houses on the property have the same house number ? 8786 Highway 814 ? Wouldn't the house numbers have to be different ?

Maybe the phone booth surveillance tape??

At least two people are in custody, but no names or charges are available at this time.

Members of HCPD, along with the State Law Enforcement Division, the 15th Circuit Solicitor's Office, the US Marshal Service, and the South Carolina Highway Patrol executed the search warrant Friday morning.

:jail:

Two people in custody in the Heather Elvis case

According to Lt. Robert Kegler of the Horry County Police Department, a search warrant was executed at 8786 Highway 814 , just off Highway 544 Friday morning

Sydney Moorer, 37, lives at that address, according to the original police report involving Heather Elvis' disappearance.

News13 has a crew on the way to the scene and will have more on this developing story as soon as it becomes available

http://www.wbtw.com/story/24785283/two-people-in-custody-in-the-heather-elvis-case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missnurse09