SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #26***ARREST**

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good post! I have read here that people were a little confused as to why they didn't pursue the DP. It's my understanding that SC doesn't have degrees of murder so it's Dp, murder then manslaughter? Some said they should've went with the DP then bargained down. I also was confused with the lesser charges being charged first. I am assuming that this is common and is a bargaining tool. SC doesn't have the 1, 2, 3 degree murders. Not being from SC that was unfamiliar route to go in getting an answer to where's HE, a guilty charge and sufficient time behind bars. If they were to drop the murder/kidnapping charge they still are looking at 16 years. Let's make a deal. I want what the E family wants and whatever happens to make sure HE is brought home. First and foremost. This time right now is like a game of chess between LE and the M's lawyers. Now we just wait and see who is sacrificed to save the queen or king. I think sm will decide to take the brunt for his children to have their mom and he's the one that started this.

FWIW - the Solicitor stated "at THIS TIME" he didn't see this being a DP case. I read into that (so my opinion only) that the DP was absolutely something they could seek - but may be using it as a bargaining chip. If offering to take the DP off the table gets one of them to talk - then he will move from "probably not going to" to "we will NOT be seeking"

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24804641/hcpd-couple-to-be-charged-with-murder-of-heather-elvis

"Solicitor Jimmy Richardson said, "At this time, I do not see this being a death penalty case."

As for evidence details:

"Capt. Dale Buchanan with Horry County Police said, "We have evidence that will be processed with us. SLED is assisting us with processing some of the forensic evidence. Is some of that evidence DNA? Yes." ....... ""We had a good amount of evidence and the stuff HCPD found, added to that evidence," said Solicitor Jimmy Richardson."

If she is in the water, I am doubtful if she will ever be found after the amount of time that has passed. The Waccamaw reverses flow direction with the tides and there are all kinds of snags and crannies both along the banks and in the water itself. We constantly have to watch for deadfalls floating in the water.

Plus, with all the rain we've had the past several months, the rivers are especially full of floating debris. If a particularly high tide (and there was a full moon when Heather disappeared) carried her into a swamp area and then receded, it would be so hard to find her. On centuries-old maps, this was part of an area called "The Impassable Swamp."

Thank you for that information.

Please say a special prayer for beautiful Heather on my behalf while you are there. She is constantly on my mind and in my heart❤️

Hi, the first thing I did was walk over and I said a prayer. It was more peaceful today even in the rain. I stayed at the landing a couple hours.

I found this picture in my photo stream... It's a picture of the moon as the sun was setting on December 17th. I took it on my way home from work because it looked HUGE... and seemed really close to the earth... almost like I could reach out and touch it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• 3una7yty.jpg
    3una7yty.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 22
If I'm ever abducted, I'm blowing snot rockets all over the perps vehicle! I've never heard of someone being convicted because of DNA from boogers :wink:

bawaaaaaaa omgolly :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/08/3una7yty.jpg

I found this picture in my photo stream... It's a picture of the moon as the sun was setting on December 17th. I took it on my way home from work because it looked HUGE... and seemed really close to the earth... almost like I could reach out and touch it!

That is beautiful. And it is kind of eerie for me to know how much Heather associated herself with the moon, I am sure that she was looking at it too, not realizing that it was the last time she would see it. Breaks my heart.

Thank you so much, J4H. That means a lot to me.
❤️

It may seem strange that I said it seemed calm compared to yesterday but something was telling me to slow down and take it all in. I took pics on top of pics and videos. I walked up and around where that section of trailers is at, I walked the edge up onto the main road with a stick, moving leaves and plant life in the water just to get a peek everywhere I could. I even moved rocks, thinking that maybe just maybe something was hidden under a rock. You know like if you hide a spare house key. Just looking for anything.

That is beautiful. And it is kind of eerie for me to know how much Heather associated herself with the moon, I am sure that she was looking at it too, not realizing that it was the last time she would see it. Breaks my heart.

Isn't it? But I had the same feelings of heartbreak when I found it... little did I know when I took the picture how much it would represent to me later.

It may seem strange that I said it seemed calm compared to yesterday but something was telling me to slow down and take it all in. I took pics on top of pics and videos. I walked up and around where that section of trailers is at, I walked the edge up onto the main road with a stick, moving leaves and plant life in the water just to get a peek everywhere I could. I even moved rocks, thinking that maybe just maybe something was hidden under a rock. You know like if you hide a spare house key. Just looking for anything.

:loveyou::sundae: For all your hard work and dedication!

Just got chills.

I think the financial and obstruction charges and Indecent exposure..then kidnapping and murder.

edit double checked

Topcat...Thank you for all your informative and helpful posts, they are appreciated. :seeya:

And just jumping off your post: I have been wondering if maybe the financial discrepancy charges (or whatever the "official" charge is regarding that) may possibly be from the M's trying to obtain legal representation free of charge when they weren't actually entitled to it? IIRC, TM has private attorney and SM has PD, I think anyways.

Something I'm wondering...if the charges are kidnapping and murder. Doesn't that imply HRE was moved somewhere? So, if LE thinks she went to PTL on her own, and was murdered there, would the kidnapping be moving her somewhere else? Can you be kidnapped after you're deceased? Maybe it's not even that important in the big picture. Just trying to make sense of it.

Sorry if this has been already discussed. Can't keep up with these threads when they go fast and I have to go to work :(

This is another question that I really want an answer to. Maybe LE knows which vehicles were used that night and TM's wasn't one of them?? It's just still bizarre.
When Heather4Justice was out and about yesterday she reported camper still there. Wonder if the white jeep (Cherokee ??) was there? I'd like to believe LE has that vehicle and maybe it was taken earlier and that's why we don't have knowledge of it. All of our info came from the most recent search 2/21.

hi. Mickey camper was there today. I will look through my pictures and see about the jeep

Something I'm wondering...if the charges are kidnapping and murder. Doesn't that imply HRE was moved somewhere? So, if LE thinks she went to PTL on her own, and was murdered there, would the kidnapping be moving her somewhere else? Can you be kidnapped after you're deceased? Maybe it's not even that important in the big picture. Just trying to make sense of it.

Sorry if this has been already discussed. Can't keep up with these threads when they go fast and I have to go to work :(

As I understood it, LE said both charges occurred at PTL, or were tied to PTL. So it's possible she was murdered there. Kidnapping can just be holding someone against their will (such as in a car) and keeping them from leaving. That was my understanding, I know some have posted the defined law on the thread before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member