SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #27***ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering what the odds are that one of the Moorers will be bonded out on Monday...

So there's a bond hearing for the two of them on Monday? What time is it if you know? Will it be televised?

Regarding Monday's hearing, I've seen 10 a.m. and 12:30.

Does anyone know which one is the correct time? TIA

Due to the fact that they might not even get their kids back, I doubt there will be reason good enough for judge to allow bail.

I thought the hearing was 10am...but not sure.

So there's a bond hearing for the two of them on Monday? What time is it if you know? Will it be televised?

I think I remember someone posting 10am...don't know if it will be televised but I'm sure we'll get up to date info and pics via reporters on the seen.

Wondering what the odds are that one of the Moorers will be bonded out on Monday...

I thought about that, and wondered what happens to the bond they got that the hold was put on. Does the money go back to the bondsman if they keep them in jail? Or does it towards a new bail amount set on Monday? Sorry for the dumb questions, but I've been wondering how this will work. TIA.

I thought about that, and wondered what happens to the bond they got that the hold was put on. Does the money go back to the bondsman if they keep them in jail? Or does it towards a new bail amount set on Monday? Sorry for the dumb questions, but I've been wondering how this will work. TIA.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

I could be totally wrong but usually, there are bond amounts set for each charge, so I don't think it would be grouped together. If someone uses a bonding company, they lose whatever the fee is they have paid, the percentage. If someone put up the entire bond amount in cash or property, it isn't usually released until they go to court and answer for that particular charge. Hope that helps or answers what you were looking for. I am not in SC though and it could be completely diff than my state of Ga.

A local posted a while back that this could've been due to faulty service in the area until a certain point in GT. I don't know how credible this is or what the providers are like.

I'll delete if this isn't allowed to mention or repost downstairs, but I know TM, in her initial reporting of the incident on SM, stated that they were on their way back from visiting their lawyer. Not sure how contradictory that becomes in light of the lawyers hired post-arrest. And I agree it would be strange to be doing it at that hour, particularly with that amount of people in the car. I know lawyers can work terrible hours, but surely late night client meetings aren't the norm. Also can't see a nice little day/evening in GT being made of an earlier visit. :moo:

Followup question: where were they, county/city wise, before reaching GT? As soon as I heard of the report I went to see if there was a GT scanner, and there was not. I'm also of the opinion that the report was less than credible (I wasted a bit too much time trying to see if the posted report was photoshopped), but if that was the case, there must have been a strategy to the location.

So, tammy stated they had been visiting an attorney. But, IIRC, it was stated in a news report that SM stated they were out in GT eating out at a restaurant.

I'm going to guess somewhere between slim & none. If bail is set it will be high.

Not to mention, it's highly unlikely a bondsman (around here anyway) would agree to post bond even if bail is set. It's just too risky... the bail amount will likely be way too much for the bondsman to cover if they haul tail. So unless a friend or family member has a very large chunk of change lying around, or the equivalent in property value, (assuming they would be willing to post it on their behalf) the Ms aren't going anywhere any time soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When TE first got a look at Heather's phone activity he said the 3am calls were the last activity. Later it was said 6am. I think the 6am was only a ping like an automatic update. I think this was found by a more detailed report from Heather's phone carrier. If you look online on at your phone activity it only shows texts/calls. I believe the last time Heather actually used the phone was the 3am calls/texts.

On another note - I have not received anything stating that the bond hearing time has changed from 10/10:30. I think that maybe the 12:30 is coming from maybe a press conference scheduled for after the hearing? However - things can change on a dime - especially if there's any information (test results, etc) the solicitor could be waiting on etc.

So, tammy stated they had been visiting an attorney. But, IIRC, it was stated in a news report that SM stated they were out in GT eating out at a restaurant.

I worked for attorneys for 12 years, so just my two cents: Attorneys do not see clients at 10:30 at night Anywhere - especially in Georgetown - and especially when no charges had been brought against the M's. [modsnip].
Also, having been to Georgetown, I don't believe they were driving almost an hour from MB to eat in Georgetown. There aren't any 5 star eateries there - only small places (which probably have some great food but they don't stay open that late).
Interesting that the stories being told are different - things that make you go Hmmm . . .

If this is true, this is great news. They can't even get their story straight for a few isolated minutes. They'll never get their story straight for all the events that took place on the 18th of December.
I realize both could be true. They saw an atty then went out to eat. But I doubt either are true. And again wouldn't they be coming home from Georgetown and not traveling toward Georgetown if either story is correct? Am I mistaken thinking the reported shooting incident happened traveling south from MB to Georgetown?

Not to mention, it's highly unlikely a bondsman (around here anyway) would agree to post bond even if bail is set. It's just too risky... the bail amount will likely be way too much for the bondsman to cover if they haul tail. So unless a friend or family member has a very large chunk of change lying around, or the equivalent in property value, (assuming they would be willing to post it on their behalf) the Ms aren't going anywhere any time soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think if someone met the bondsman's fee the bondsman would post the bond with no hesitation. JMO
I'm hoping for a no bond status.

Morning everyone! Could someone more knowledgeable than myself when it comes to legal proceedings explain the pros/cons of trying the Moorers together vs trying them separately. TIA

Wherever you are, Heather, please come home.

On another note - I have not received anything stating that the bond hearing time has changed from 10/10:30. I think that maybe the 12:30 is coming from maybe a press conference scheduled for after the hearing? However - things can change on a dime - especially if there's any information (test results, etc) the solicitor could be waiting on etc.

Last night before I went to bed, I found where Terry Elvis had posted on the Find Heather Elvis FB page that the bond hearing was 12:30 pm.

I copy and posted it here, but it was deleted because were not suppose to post FB things (sorry mods :blushing: my mistake)

So many lies have been told there is NO way that their stories will match - ever. And when you start asking the who and why it all leads in one direction. If the M's were not involved they would have been right in the middle of the searches, there's no way that TM would not thrive in the spotlight and being involved. She's a drama creator and I think she really thought she was going to garner support and sympathy when she ranted about HE. Part of her frustration has been her strategy backfired on her. The only thing that has worked in their favor is that Heather has NOT been found and not because they are so clever. I hope LE is delving into all her SM posts, because I think TM has left clues, because she's sick like that and finds pleasure in the pain.

Sorry for the rant, it just makes me sick that these two characters have controlled finding HE and what they have done to the Elvis family and our community.

ETA...and think of the money this has cost and will end up costing along with the many hours LE and volunteers have spent.

But the fact that the bond hearing is being held at 12:30pm is allowed to be posted, I hope. Because hearing dates/times/places have been posted on many murder trial threads over the years, for scores of defendants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member